Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,965,953 Views | 223993 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BlueTaze
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't they go over that a quarter or two ago on the conference call?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Markets should be fun on Monday...
UpstateAg
AG
IQ and NIO might get a nice bump. Hope my covered calls don't get executed for this week. Thought the markets being closed was a gift.
La Bamba
AG
Good news
BarryProfit
UpstateAg said:

IQ and NIO might get a nice bump. Hope my covered calls don't get executed for this week. Thought the markets being closed was a gift.

Buy your calls back?
jmcfar_98
AG
About time. Ready for all of my Chinese stocks to lift off now. Monday should be a great day.
Swope02
AG
I own some Merck calls that have nearly tripled.

If you guys haven't heard of Keytruda it will soon be the hottest drug in the country if it isn't already. Cancer has never seen a medication like this before.

MRK, own it.
UpstateAg
AG
I own Immutep, which is doing trial combos with keytruda and kicking butt. I agree, great drug made better with IMMP
ProgN
What cancers does it treat?
ProgN
What cancers does it treat?

ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/02/dow-futures-surge-after-trump-and-xi-agree-to-pause-the-trade-war.html
Quote:

U.S. stock market futures surged after U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed to a truce on the trade war that has weighed heavily on global equity markets for most of 2018.

Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 400 points shortly after the start of trading at 6 p.m. in New York.

The two leaders, who met for dinner at the G-20 summit in Argentina, agreed to hold off on additional tariffs on each other's goods at the start of the new year to allow for talks to continue. The U.S. agreed to leave tariffs on more than $200 billion worth of Chinese products at 10 percent. If after 90 days, the two countries are unable to reach an agreement, that rate will be raised to 25 percent, according to the White House. Trade negotiations will address forced technology transfer and intellectual property.

"The explicit delay in tariffs is on the positive end of expectations," said Helen Qiao, China and Asia economist with Bank of America Lynch, in a note to clients. "In contrast to the fear especially in Asia that the hawks in US administration would make impossible demands, evidence of President Trump working towards a trade deal with China has emerged."
UpstateAg
AG
https://www.biospace.com/article/immutep-strikes-deal-with-merck-to-pair-product-with-keytruda-in-phase-ii-trial/

Immutep has deals with a few other big cap bios. Pretty cool stuff they are doing
ProgN
Thank you
ryanhnc10
AG
Other than IQ, any ones in particular that should benefit the most from the tariff news with China?
oldarmy1
AG
GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

My Call option lock is BAC Dec 21 $29 Strikes. Watch for weakness on consolidation for entry in the 20's cents. Target $0.55.

Follow OA strategy activated
Are you ready to cash in? We got weakness for entry as low as $0.25 before the move up set us up for the big cash out. Rarely will I post an option trade as a lock - when I do I think it is just that. Financials shouls roar on the interest rate comments and China news.

But if the markets move rapidly to new highs beware - the Fed will recant their statements in the blink of an eye.
claym711
AG
Mmm love when a futures long gaps and runs.

Wenesday futures had over 1.3mm contracts net buy in 9 mins - enormous for not coming on a V bottom. Thurs and fri also strong futures buy vol. AH gapped and had another huge vol candle. Good sign for longs

Will still be ready to sell the rip at first sign.
Swope02
AG
Currently Keytruda is approved to treat 5 different cancers:

metastatic melanoma
metastatic non-small cell lung cancer
recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancer
refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma
urothelial carcinoma.

Lung cancer is their big money maker, but the most exciting part of Keytruda is where its headed. When I started investing earlier in the year there were 500 clinical trials involving Keytruda. Today there are over 800.

Tons of other drugs are trying to hitch their wagon to Merck's bright star. And for good reason.

In 2015 former President Jimmy Carter was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma with mets to the liver and brain, a death sentence before Keytruda. In just 3 months after starting Keytruda there were no more tumors detected. His last scan has also shown no evidence of any cancer in his body. This is admittedly an anecdotal story but look at their data from ASCO and every other cancer conference. They are using overall survival to judge their outcomes and they are very promising.

Keytruda's biggest opponent is Bristol Myers' Opdivo. But one look at BMY's chart vs. MRK in the last 3 months should tell you all you need to know.

And with 800 clincial trials the good news for Keytruda rolls in nearly every week.

I think MRK should be bought on dips but those are few and far between. Its setting a 52 week high nearly every other day.

Disclaimer: again I own MRK calls
badharambe
AG
I'm looking for all China names to be hot. Baba, bidu, momo, BITA
I also think you could see some chip stocks start to rise from their bottoms(some already are) MU, AMAT, LRCX.

Anyone else notice that solar energy sector is getting some heat?
RUN, FSLR and CSIQ (starting to turn),
oldarmy1
AG
Took some NFLX shares off the table at $297.30 over $11 up this morning. That's over $30 profit per share over entry. Holding the rest anticipating the $300 magnet and continuation reversal.

Only took 20% of AMZN off from our $1430 gap fill entry here +80 early at $1771.

We get some real momentum both of these could move 15% higher on short covering. That's my target trade exit, and where I'll sell covered calls on 401k, SEP accounts.

And 100% of naked Puts will expire worthless to the buyers this Friday. Now that's fun stuff right there!!!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BTW MOMO is a net free holding and if you are looking at a diversity software long term hold then its a good one. Earnings over $2/share and P/E under 15 with growth continuing.

MOMO a top % gainer early. If anyone went shares or rolled options target +5 short term.
oldarmy1
AG
Our little MNGA also getting into the act. $0.326 on confirmation they retired the preferred notes. That makes shareholders top dog.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU getting in on the action... Gonna be a rocket ship day in the market.
oldarmy1
AG
Not sure any commodity traders on here but just in case I took 20% of those CL NYMEX oil futures off we entered near $50 here at $52.

Holding the rest looking for $57 after scraping the bottom of the barrel on entry. Pun intended.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

ROKU getting in on the action... Gonna be a rocket ship day in the market.
ROKU was just upgraded to buy from neutral at DA Davidson.
oldarmy1
AG
Revising exit in BAC Call Options above $0.60.

Guys with Dec 21 expiration these could get hot as white fire with them close to in the money. 80 cents+ on 25% might be worthwhile risk.
oldarmy1
AG
For extremely late to the NIO party people. If it drops to $7.75 after opening I think it rips higher on quick shake.
jmcfar_98
AG
I love days like this.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

My Call option lock is BAC Dec 21 $29 Strikes. Watch for weakness on consolidation for entry in the 20's cents. Target $0.55.

Followed your strategy OA, and it worked perfectly. Got in at .24 and sold at .55. Thanks so much for this, keep it coming!!!!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For extremely late to the NIO party people. If it drops to $7.75 after opening I think it rips higher on quick shake.

Ahem!
oldarmy1
AG
So everyone knows after a 40+ point gap open in S&P to expect profit taking pullbacks with short sellers mixed in, correct?

So watch volumes for red/green reversals like NIO just had for entry.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought ACB at $5.52
oldarmy1
AG
Had a green/red top on MCHP at $78.65 after an initial green/red top at $79.25 area. Punch through there and it will explode upwards.
oldarmy1
AG
Everyone should have a spreadsheet with gaps marked in any trade or long term holdings.

For example NFLX has a gap at $316.61. Once all the consolidation finishes look for that $300 magnet to lead it upward and target all strategies for trades at the gap mark.
La Bamba
AG
Appreciate it. Helps to step back from the ledge a little bit. Had my mind wrapped around 8+ and then seeing this was like wtf.
First Page Last Page
Page 311 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.