Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,559 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by McInnis 03
Foamcows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i remember amazon at 2100.. thats when i dumped all of mine... getting ready to buy back in
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ya'll remember when NFLX was at $400 and AMZN at $2000, yeah good times.
ProgN
AMZN bounced off of 1500. OldArmy must be buying.
gougler08
AG
Sold my SQ puts too early today, that thing just keeps falling
ProgN

gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

I remember when NFLX was 390 after killing earnings less than 2 weeks ago
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

I remember when NFLX was 390 after killing earnings less than 2 weeks ago
the fall hurts, fortunately I bought June 2016
Philip J Fry
AG
LMT is down 80 points from its high.
leoj
AG
Holy ****, we going to hit 2600 before the close?
gougler08
AG
2594 next potential support?
leoj
AG
Bouncing back up off of 2605
CashMoneyYo
not a bad strategy to crash the market before the midterms.
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN....sold Puts on breaking $1500 for a net $1410 entry if triggered.

Also bought first round of shares in 401k's as it broke $1500. Fills across all accounts $1497.50 to $1498.65
oldarmy1
AG
Someone did a large sweep order on SQ right at low signaling a reversal
gougler08
AG
I like the SBUX 60 calls now that its come down with the market. Will be boom or bust with earnings on Thurs, but potential for break out from the flag pattern
oldarmy1
AG
Well I have no idea of this was the bottom but it was the bottom for the day. Volume spiked everywhere on the last big dip. That's when I went into AMZN. I also bought SQ on this signal sweep order. Allowed buys just above the beginning of the sweep because once it filled it goes back to current ask. Sweetness!

ProgN
Humble brag, we know that thin line big buy was you.
oldarmy1
AG
V bottoms all over the place.

Only concern when this happens last half hour is the dreaded hook close. Selling my SQ on a quick $2 move and selling Puts instead.
FriscoKid
AG
That was a lot of buying at the bottom.
ProgN
Quote:

Morgan Stanley (MS) disclosed last week that its stake in Roku (ROKU) now exceeds 5.3%.

The bank's stake in the maker of TV streaming devices crossed the 5% threshold, triggering the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Morgan Stanley owns 3.69 million Roku shares as of Oct. 15, which means that it has bought 3.24 million shares since June 30, when it owned only 445,205 shares. The bank is now Roku's fifth-largest shareholder, according to S&P Capital IQ.

Morgan Stanley didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Roku has had an up-and-down year but for the year to date, the stock is flat. The company reported strong second-quarter earnings in August. Roku stock was up about 0.6% on Monday, to $52.12 per share.

Read more: Roku Is Getting Big Enough to Be a Buyout Target. Here's Who Might Want It

Earlier this month, we noted that one analyst thinks Roku stock could rebound from a rough October. RBC Capital Markets analyst Mark Mahaney has a $70 price target on the stock, which implies about 33% upside from her
Someone knows something or is making a huge bet.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

That was a lot of buying at the bottom.

If the bottom we should not revisit. All on the futures now.
gougler08
AG
ROKU tried, but still didn't close that gap below 49...may still have room to head down
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
TVIX above $60 but the VIX never spiked above that $40 mark I want for buying Puts out to Dec.

And I would feel better about potential bottoms if it would.
oldarmy1
AG
Been looking at that AMZN $1500 mark since this selloff began. Always amazed how quickly shares drop when big money is liquidating.

They do not care what price they drive a stock to when selling and that's why gap fills become buyer entry targets.

The overrun is always there on momentum. Again, thats why I counted on $1500 off a $1529 gap fill. Closest big round number becomes pivot opportunity so many times.

claym711
AG
Deep V this afternoon but it's sell the rips until it isn't.
Foamcows
AG
Amazon has yet to break out of this dip after hours... curious to see how it opens tomorrow...

perhaps someone smarter than me can answer this... any correlation to todays selloff and today being the first day in 2 months that the trading window was open for amazon employees?
FriscoKid
AG
Keep an eye on Asia.
ProgN
FriscoKid said:

Keep an eye on Asia.
With the threat of more US tariffs, Asia will get slaughtered. I love Trump but he miscalculated this fiasco bigly. One week until the midterms, Fed governors talking more hikes and the market trying to find a bottom, he should have remained quiet for at least one week. IMHO
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

FriscoKid said:

Keep an eye on Asia.
With the threat of more US tariffs, Asia will get slaughtered. I love Trump but he miscalculated this fiasco bigly. One week until the midterms, Fed governors talking more hikes and the market trying to find a bottom, he should have remained quiet for at least one week. IMHO

Yep. I like a lot of what he does, but sometimes he says some really stupid *****
Post removed:
by user
ranchag04
AG
market wants Fed to dial it back...can you imagine what would happen if fed skips December and Republicans control Congress...3000
Post removed:
by user
ranchag04
AG
I agree they are behind on bullets...I think the market mainly wants the election over and they will absorb rates albeit at a slower pace.
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

This doesn't have anything to do with Trump. The market ignored him for a long time. This has to do with a 341% increase in the S&P over a nine year period and below normal interest rates for the whole time (at zero for 6 of those years with the economy growing strongly). The Fed is finally trying to dial back the excessively lose policy and excessive stimulus and the market is finally reacting to it like an alcoholic in withdrawal.
First Page Last Page
Page 275 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.