Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,958 Views | 224471 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by agdaddy04
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ive been wanting to buy AMZN for a long term position and pulled the trigger when it dipped to 1,700

So of course it immediately drops to 1500s. Such is my track record for buying any specific company.

I have done well holding companies I think are undervalued but it does seem to always start out in the hole.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I'd love to play the AMZN options game right now, but it's too expensive for my blood... really wish they'd do a split with that stock.
you can play verticals.

What's your set up on this?
Señor Chang
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

BBOX earnings expected tomorrow..?

Where did you see that?
Guitarsoup
AG
BBOX earnings pre-market tomorrow. Up 3% today so far.
gougler08
AG
For those wanting to play the earnings game, SBUX has been in a bull flag for a week or so, earnings could be the catalyst to push that through the 59.75 resistance
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I'd love to play the AMZN options game right now, but it's too expensive for my blood... really wish they'd do a split with that stock.
you can play verticals.

I am currently selling call and put verticals opposite trends or where i think a reversal will happen. I am doing this on an income basis with max profit >25% of max loss and a greater than 75% probability of profit.

I am trying to keep positions small. Only risking up to 50% of my cash with no more than 20% of that in any one position.

Right now i have some verticals on IWM, QQQ, SPY, ROKU, and EOG. A vertical for EWZ didn't get filled last week.

Also, trying to enter into positions with very high IV rank.
pfo
AG
Morgan Stanley just broke with the street saying this is not just a correction but rather the beginning of a bear market.
Dobre casy
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

you can play verticals.

I went out 53 days, but sold the 1500 put and bought the 1490 put, collecting $340 with a risk of $660.
Ragoo
AG
Dobre casy said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

you can play verticals.

I went out 53 days, but sold the 1500 put and bought the 1490 put, collecting $340 with a risk of $1,000.
I am seeing this as $370 risking $628 at a 59% PoP.

i'd prefer to be in the 32 day range and 1440/1430 for ~$200 premium and $775 risk. that is a 25% income vs risk versus your 37%, but is a better delta and shorter duration.

crazy thing about options, so many different ways to play the game.
Dobre casy
AG
You're right on the risk amount. I definitely need a second cup of coffee today.

I like your risk/reward as well, plus your strikes are further away.
oldarmy1
AG
pfo said:

Morgan Stanley just broke with the street saying this is not just a correction but rather the beginning of a bear market.

That means we are getting close to a bottom.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

pfo said:

That means we are getting close to a bottom.
Exactly !

nm
IrishTxAggie
AG
Someone with a $1.1MM buy on AVEO at $2.38 and breaking through it's $2.44 resistance.
UpstateAg
AG
Yep. Saw that and bought some more. Two weeks until p3!
ProgN
There go the markets.
FriscoKid
AG
I would have been ticked if I was long on a day trade today and Trump pulled that.
UpstateAg
AG
Looking forward to buying back my calls soon for a penny and selling IQ again after earnings. Just waiting for midterms to be done.
leoj
AG
Lol man. Cannot win at this point.
Ragoo
AG
HERE FOR THE TIME DECAY...
Guitarsoup
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Someone with a $1.1MM buy on AVEO at $2.38 and breaking through it's $2.44 resistance.

Thanks for the boost, Olarmy!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Thanks for the boost, Olarmy!
And....back down we go. LOL
ProgN
FriscoKid said:

I would have been ticked if I was long on a day trade today and Trump pulled that.
That was a very bad move by Trump one week out from the midterms and the market confidence really shaky.
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN gap filled. Now for how much momentum overrun. Below $1500 possible
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Don't worry, stock buybacks will pump the market again. (Sarcasm). All that cash disappearing into thin air
pacecar02
FriscoKid said:

I missed it, what did trump say?
FriscoKid
AG
ProgN
pacecar02 said:

FriscoKid said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/29/stock-market-dow-futures-seen-lower-amid-earnings-season-worries.html

He's prepping more tariffs against China if his meeting with Xi doesn't go well next month.
FriscoKid
AG
pacecar02 said:

FriscoKid said:

WH announced that they are considering putting tariffs on the rest of the Chinese imports (200 billion more goods)
pacecar02
Lol, of course

So once the BS subsides and we have election results and trade deals in place, do we race back to like 50 percent of recent losses or if there is an uptrend will it be more gradual, like over months?
FriscoKid
AG
2628? Who wants to catch a knife?
FriscoKid
AG
I'm buying here for a bounce, but not holding overnight. Stop right below LOD
leoj
AG
The perfect gif lol
ProgN
pacecar02 said:

Lol, of course

So once the BS subsides and we have election results and trade deals in place, do we race back to like 50 percent of recent losses or if there is an uptrend will it be more gradual, like over months?
If R's keep the House and China backs down we will go higher provide the Fed doesn't F it up.
IrishTxAggie
AG
My NIO naked puts were looking pretty good on the Premium until a few hours ago... Why can't Trump just STFU sometimes?
ProgN
Ya'll remember when NFLX was at $400 and AMZN at $2000, yeah good times.
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.