Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,083,398 Views | 224439 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IrishTxAggie said:

TWTR with a nice earnings beat

They'll miss bigly next quarter since they perma banned my first account last week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Thought that was you that added me the other day...
gougler08
AG
Example 18274 of me not understanding earnings. LUV beats the estimate and is down this morning...did they revise guidance or something and I missed it?
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

IrishTxAggie said:

TWTR with a nice earnings beat

They'll miss bigly next quarter since they perma banned my first account last week.
That's fine as long as they get back in the 40s by then
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Thought that was you that added me the other day...

Yeah, I have to start over and find all my peeps.
Nickw8586
They just had an analyst on CNBC who said the reason for the drop was because of guidance that per seat non fuel costs would increase 3% over the next year. Primarily investments in new airports/routes. Seems like good long term investment to me, I think so much of the markets outlook being short term is negative with good long term news.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Example 18274 of me not understanding earnings. LUV beats the estimate and is down this morning...did they revise guidance or something and I missed it?
It looks like they're cautious going forward due to rising fuel costs and possible slow down in the economy.
oldarmy1
AG
Look at S&P futures wild program hitting
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

wanna see a dead body? Take a look at ALGN, one of my favorites. From $380 to $220 in three short weeks

$80 sell off from earnings and guide down this afternoon

We might see it test $200
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures down from +21.25 to +12.50
oldarmy1
AG
To plus 16.

Algorithms having a nice premarket.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Lot's to be made with quick trades.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

oldarmy1 said:

Lot's to be made with quick trades.

I sold futures twice now and skimmed 4-6 points. They were obviously working downward. Now at +11.

That could go red in under a minute after opening. Let's get some wild capitulation and find a bottom!
FriscoKid
AG
Anyone else a long position with LUV today. They got unfairly hammered today.
leoj
AG
Lots of bargains in materials, biotech, and tech.

I said I wouldn't touch a chip stock right now, but when we find a bottom do you have any idea the next wave of growth that tech is going to see in the coming 5-10 years with data centers, AI, autonomous cars, IOT, 5G. It's going to be ridiculous.
oldarmy1
AG
Market maker testing going on NIO. You'll see 5k plus shares in bid, then ask, then both, then pull both.

Whichever way it moves after initial 30 minutes go with it.
ProgN
leoj said:

I said I wouldn't touch a chip stock right now, but when we find a bottom do you have any idea the next wave of growth that tech is going to see in the coming 5-10 years with data centers, AI, autonomous cars, IOT, 5G. It's going to be ridiculous.
AI is going to be huge. I believe MCHP makes a lot of chips for that sector. You can start researching there.
J_Landes89
AG
YETI IPO today.. really like that company long term..

I think $18 is initial share price
ProgN
Jizzle89 said:

YETI IPO today.. really like that company long term..

I think $18 is initial share price
I'd urge caution. They waded into politics earlier this year and their sales may not be as strong.
Guitarsoup
AG
Yeti has too many competitors that offer the exact same product for less money.
ProgN
Yep
IrishTxAggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Did he has too many competitors that offer the exact same product for less money.

Yep. YETI is no longer a product. It's a marketing company.
FriscoKid
AG
Prognightmare said:

leoj said:

AI is going to be huge. I believe MCHP makes a lot of chips for that sector. You can start researching there.
I prefer ST for sensors.
gougler08
AG
Nice pull back so far today
gougler08
AG
SQ having a run, but I think it still has some of the "h" pattern to go, like short term puts
ProgN
gougler08 said:

SQ having a run, but I think it still has some of the "h" pattern to go, like short term puts
I was just looking at the chart. The stochastic is about to flash a buy signal and it's at a higher low than before. The MACD is also rounding to the upside with earnings in about 10 days. This reversal could be for real.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

I was just looking at the chart. The stochastic is about to flash a buy signal and it's at a higher low than before. The MACD is also rounding to the upside with earnings in about 10 days. This reversal could be for real.
I think long term yes, but I still think there's another drop in the market in the next few days before we truly bottom out and it will go with it
ProgN
Possibly
gougler08
AG
But lets be honest...what the hell do I know
ProgN
#MeToo
BradC34
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Guitarsoup said:

Did he has too many competitors that offer the exact same product for less money.

Yep. YETI is no longer a product. It's a marketing company.

Lifestyle brand

Haha!
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/25/feds-new-vice-chair-clarida-backs-rate-hikes-in-first-major-speech.html

Quote:

Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Richard Clarida, in his first major policy speech since being seated at the central bank, said more interest rate increases are likely warranted as the economy continues to gather strength.

In assessing current conditions, Clarida said growth broadly and with the job market in particular has surprised him.

"Based on my reading of the accumulating evidence, I believe that trend growth in the economy may well be faster and the structural rate of unemployment lower than I would have thought several years ago," he said during a speech in Washington, D.C.

While his remarks were a bit more tempered than those of his colleagues earlier this week, Clarida said he sees "further gradual adjustment" in the Fed's benchmark funds rate as likely.

"I believe monetary policy today remains accommodative, and that, with the economy now operating at or close to mandate-consistent levels for inflation and unemployment, the risks that monetary policy must balance are now more symmetric and less skewed to the downside," he said.
Why can't the Fed just STFU until after the midterms and the market somewhat recovers?
pacecar02
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/25/feds-new-vice-chair-clarida-backs-rate-hikes-in-first-major-speech.html

Quote:

Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Richard Clarida, in his first major policy speech since being seated at the central bank, said more interest rate increases are likely warranted as the economy continues to gather strength.

In assessing current conditions, Clarida said growth broadly and with the job market in particular has surprised him.

"Based on my reading of the accumulating evidence, I believe that trend growth in the economy may well be faster and the structural rate of unemployment lower than I would have thought several years ago," he said during a speech in Washington, D.C.

While his remarks were a bit more tempered than those of his colleagues earlier this week, Clarida said he sees "further gradual adjustment" in the Fed's benchmark funds rate as likely.

"I believe monetary policy today remains accommodative, and that, with the economy now operating at or close to mandate-consistent levels for inflation and unemployment, the risks that monetary policy must balance are now more symmetric and less skewed to the downside," he said.
Why can't the Fed just STFU until after the midterms and the market somewhat recovers?
No sh$#!

like, okay, once a quarter is fine, BUT EVERY FRICKIN WEEK
UpstateAg
AG
Anyone else just selling calls today, thinking that today's highs are a great way to make some premiums, as we wait for the next shoe to drop?
First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.