Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,059,790 Views | 224364 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by ProgN
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CRON with an absolutely huge reversal day in the works
oldarmy1
AG
Surprised AMZN hasn't responded much to this move. Still down 52.50
FriscoKid
AG
Sucker rally or will it hold?
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Sucker rally or will it hold?

Well 1st thing we have to consider is all this action is still below yesterday, so on trend its just an upside down day.

So all the money coming in only sets a base if more money is willing to flow in tomorrow forward.

The way I'm approaching today was mainly selling Puts just below the stocks trading point in entry. Example. I sold V $135 Puts when it was trading just below $136.

I also bought shares of V at $136 and sold a 136 covered call for $3.35. So I either make $3/share or of below $136 I'll own it for net $132.65.
FriscoKid
AG
There is a bearish breakout now on the trendline.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Are you out of the original V calls?
ProgN
Rally underway.
gougler08
AG
We may end up closing that gap today
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Are you out of the original V calls?

Nope. I held the $150's out to Nov 16. I think they blow out earnings for a nice pop. This market sets up for a nice continuation reversal, even if it doesn't have major legs.

And don't look now but even that dog SUM formed a reversal bottom with volume.

I'd feel very confident in getting into that here or selling Puts at $12.50, or both.
oldarmy1
AG
I only placed 20% of my dads monies back in. I went 100% with kids and 40% with others.

Watch for the h pattern to be broken. Will post example in a minute. Get that and we can get a further move on strength.
FriscoKid
AG
gougler08 said:

That's crazy.
gougler08
AG
FriscoKid said:

gougler08 said:

That's crazy.

Agreed, I just have no idea what it means. Reversal off the bottom today? Dead cat bounce and follow the "h" more tomorrow?
oldarmy1
AG
So you can see the curves on the continuation uptrend over past weeks. Last selloff formed the same h pattern but reversed before follow through. The arrow points to when the h is considered broken and should be an "all clear" to jump in.

Our current h correctly pointed to a deep dive and it found support which generally assures at least a gap fill. Well that happened intraday which has to be looked at as pretty darn strong. The big arrow points to when the pattern is completed/busted signaling a move back upward. Hopefully for all the 401k peoples who do nothing this signals a sideways major support above 2700 through the election.

ProgN
Going positive
FrioAg 00
AG
Would be nice for election purposes

oldarmy1
AG
And never forget that once that gap got filled the odds are very high that a profit taking retreat occurs. If we hit 2755 I'll take off some profits BUT re-enter on anything below 2735 on pullback. Profit taking generally come in on the gap fills.

HOWEVER - pay attention to volume because coming off a reversal big money might crush shorts with a continuation move making the dip very thin.
gougler08
AG
We filled that gap...now where does it go?
oldarmy1
AG
Still can't believe AMZN lagged the moce staying -52 well into the recovery. Got my dad and daughter in calls and just sold 30% leaving 70% net free.

I didn't enter for myself because I'm am idiot.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Watch to see if we get a nice long red candle down around 2735 - 2740 and buy your favs.
FriscoKid
AG
gougler08 said:

oh, who the heck knows
gougler08
AG
Think I'll hop off these puts now if/when we sell off in to the close and see what happens tomorrow to either confirm we're done w/ the "h" or back in to it
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Think I'll hop off these puts now if/when we sell off in to the close and see what happens tomorrow to either confirm we're done w/ the "h" or back in to it

Odds are we head up. Ton of big money required to fully rebound like this.

oldarmy1
AG
And here comes your post gap profit taking drop. Bulls could crush short entries so never enter shorts on gap fill pullbacks.
FriscoKid
AG
welp, i'm glad i took my third of the table this morning to pay my principle. I still think it's a sucker rally, but it's all house money at this point with expiration tomorrow.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone want to call the ROKU bottom? It didn't quite fill the August 8th gap but came close. Buying $56 weekly around 85 cents looking for early follow through tomorrow.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

Odds are we head up. Ton of big money required to fully rebound like this.

I'm just leaving a little bit on AMD to see if it continues down after earnings tomorrow as well as SQ to see if it finishes out it's h or not, will be out quick tomorrow if SQ pops up
gougler08
AG
Lots of hammers forming today, has to bode well for tomorrow to continue up
gougler08
AG
Hopped in on short term calls for LUV and PNC off their hammers/gaps to fill, hoping for a strong opening tomorrow to flip them quick
pacecar02
I hope so, we have essentially wiped out the results of the last quarter
leoj
AG
TXN with weak guidance. Would love to own that stock around 80-85
ProgN
leoj said:

TXN with weak guidance. Would love to own that stock around 80-85
If it breaks this main support at 95, you'll have the opportunity. Anywhere from 70-90, IMO.
leoj
AG
70 would be nice
oldarmy1
AG
So unpredictable coming off these bottoms. Straight up continuation would be unusual unless a more permanent bottom. We could continue seeing volitality above the lows. Back and forth action would drain premium from options - which would suck for straight options plays but be great for the covered calls or other sold Put strategies.
gougler08
AG
Futures basically flat right now, guess we will see what Asia does
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So unpredictable coming off these bottoms. Straight up continuation would be unusual unless a more permanent bottom. We could continue seeing volitality above the lows. Back and forth action would drain premium from options - which would suck for straight options plays but be great for the covered calls or other sold Put strategies.

The charts look like crap. I still think that was a retrace. We still broke through some pretty major support and if you look at a YR chart it looks bad. You might be right, but the "bottom" today was not convincing.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.