Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,074,798 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IBM sh@t the bed again(i dont like them)

Goog has had a lot of bad stories ( youtube broke, google plus hacked, censoring)

I guess the rest is just bears at work
IrishTxAggie
AG
IBM is ****ing up my LRCX mojo.

Now I'm going to hold my calls just out of spite.
UpstateAg
AG
It's either going BK or going to recover. I think it will recover. And when they announce the Facebook deal and show how they have managed their debt with the government sale, I think there will be a bounce. I will still carry shares into next year, but am working towards holding those for next to nothing.
oldarmy1
AG
Buying SUM in 401k accounts. 50% here and 25% if hits $14 with 25% if its $13.50.

Long holds not a trade.

And I'm the 2nd volume candle because of alert on that first one. Doesn't mean bottom just where I had targeted range looking for first large volume.
leoj
AG
OC down almost 50% from its 52 week high
pacecar02
I general, where how do you base your entry points on stocks?

Are you looking at past gaps, past volume, retracement, or something else?
oldarmy1
AG
pacecar02 said:

I general, where how do you base your entry points on stocks?

Are you looking at past gaps, past volume, retracement, or something else?

For 401k I am looking for leading sector stocks beat down in rotation and look at lows year over year.

Then volume as it is within the range. SUM hit $12.78 in 2016, $17's in 2017 and once we lost $17 its been a waiting game looking for entry signal.
gougler08
AG
JD hitting intraday resistance at 23.60, but this is three third time trying to get through now so it may break it soon
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Someone just bought over 3k weekly BAC $29 calls at 6 cents.
This has worked out well for someone so far...
gougler08
AG
Not sure what is leading the markets back up, but it sure isn't my portfolio
HoustonAg2014
AG
OA,

Did you buy calls before earnings at $385 and then sell calls at $400 after it spiked? I am trying to understand the options game a lot better and I am interested in how your trade took place if you wouldn't mind walking through it.

Great call by the way. You essentially hit the top above $400 and then called the $370 downfall. That amazes me.

Thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
Closed out BAC $28.50 calls at $0.60
IrishTxAggie
AG
Closed my $29s at .15 and .23

Rolled these profits into 10/26 $32 AMD calls. Playing on the earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

It did! But the $28.50's produced a 70% higher ROI.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying SUM in 401k accounts. 50% here and 25% if hits $14 with 25% if its $13.50.

Long holds not a trade.

And I'm the 2nd volume candle because of alert on that first one. Doesn't mean bottom just where I had targeted range looking for first large volume.

Volume is such a phenomenal too.

SUM had every element we discuss. It had the initial big volume for entering at $14.70. Note that at 11:28 central it broke to new low to scare out bottom fishers and immediately popped back higher on largest volume candle of the day. Shortly afterward it began its move higher and currently has a intraday cup and handle.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That it did, but I'll take a win like this any day. Still learning.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

That it did, but I'll take a win like this any day. Still learning.

Added some technical views above.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm still sitting on $30 calls.

I made a stupid decision...

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
tramaro1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Picked up a dozen of the BAC weekly $29 at 5 cents. I'll ride the wave if someone knows something I don't. Only $60.
Thanks for this suggestion Irish, I played along with you. I got in at 9 cents and sold for 26 cents
oldarmy1
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

OA,

Did you buy calls before earnings at $385 and then sell calls at $400 after it spiked? I am trying to understand the options game a lot better and I am interested in how your trade took place if you wouldn't mind walking through it.

Great call by the way. You essentially hit the top above $400 and then called the $370 downfall. That amazes me.

Thanks!
Yessir. I bought the weekly $385's on the weakness. After hours it spike above $400 for the short sells. I'm out of the trade both ways.

At some point NFLX will find support and you will see a nice walk upwards. That $357 mark looked pretty good but I'm off of NFLX.
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm still sitting on $30 calls.

I made a stupid decision...

I'm going to reply to this on what I see as my next best option entry. On weekly options you generally want to enter no more than two strikes from current price. So BAC was under $28 that would be the $28 or $28.50 strike. The $28's were trading at $32 cents while the $28.50 at $14 cents and the $29's at $6 cents. Risk of 14 cents made the best option for rapid appreciation on a move above $28. I didn't even sell half this time once it hit $0.28 because you could see the buying support all morning.
oldarmy1
AG
Not a good chart on Nasdaq stocks. ROKU engulfing candle underway adds to potential reversal off of its all time highs.

NFLX $357 area does show support but on its 2nd challenge. Break that and it risks losing over 80% of post earnings spike.

Big money selling into strength right now on some of our favs.
oldarmy1
AG
FYI..I closed all but 5% in all financial options.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I really wish there was an app that would allow me to get each post on this thread as a lock screen notification on my phone. One of my current fears is that I'm going to miss the next market selloff and could have taken steps before the event had I followed this thread in real time.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX potential double bottom at that $357 area. This bounce went to $361.59. Break $362 and likely a run to $370 coming.

HOWEVER - I Would sell if in at that supoort because markets just turned south hard. Unless in options, which is only way I'd mess with anything outside 401k long entries.

Will see if a shake on markets or more. Don't see any crazy volume showing yet.
ProgN
Fed minutes points to more rate hikes. Sellers coming in
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU with a flash low $60.25 on volume quick recovery. Bulls want a bottom but greater market has to find supoort or it will slow bleed into that number
oldarmy1
AG
Entered ROKU $61.50 at $1.12 will risk to $.90
oldarmy1
AG
Here's why I took the risk. Small risk loss if markets continue selloff. See the volume build into the potential bottom sequence? And then the "magic mirror" where its all red volume candles dividing line into all green candles right on lows? All of this is what I look for for trades. Now day traders would have been buying at $60.50 using the long tail as entry and likely most sold when it hit $61. They will trade 5k shares and peel the 50 cents off for a smooth $2500 gain.

Lot of capital risk there and I'm capital risk adverse so went calls. The completed engulfing candle is bearish, so I'm not willing to hold the calls over night. Right or wrong the macro chart trumps the intraday bottom attempt.

oldarmy1
AG
See how that works? I'm sitting at $1.40 to sell 50% and then my cushion will be set!
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone who messed with NFLX at $357 area congrats. Options woukd have paid off with double bottom entry and now a flag intraday.

Lile i said I didn't mess with it any more.
ProgN
Upside volume coming into SQ
oldarmy1
AG
Markets having data issues on options. I filled ROKU at $1.40 and there are no option trades posted since entry.

Anyone else with options see trades since $1.05-$1.19 at 1:15-1:20. Most of that is my volume entries that averaged out to $1.12 when posting it on here.
oldarmy1
AG
For you naked Put people an fyi. On SUM I entered shares on 401k's but if we can get a bid of $1 on November $15 will likely go trades on those. Net entry $14 if below $15 by expiration or take a $1 per share gained if above $15.
oldarmy1
AG
Also...you know I sold my VIX calls when it hit over $21 and TVIX when over $40, however that both remain in $17's and $37's respectively tells is we can expect continued volitality.
First Page Last Page
Page 258 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.