Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,331 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by sts7049
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My order at $6.00 hasn't filled yet, even though Robin Hood is showing the market price as 6.00
clobby
AG
down to 5.90
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hurry and reset it to $5.80!
clobby
AG
stop losses incoming
Guitarsoup
AG
Bought a little bit (500 shares at under 0.20) of MNGA yesterday on a whim from someone I've never met in a Robinhood FB group. Don't know that I will hold on to it long, but it was up huge today.

Put put a black chip on red and hope for the best.
oldarmy1
AG
Got my largest buys in at 5.88
oldarmy1
AG
Restrictions kick in on NIO. Short on ask only.
J_Landes89
AG
Think we see $5.50-$5.75 tomorrow?

Put a limit order in a $5.85
J_Landes89
AG
translation for us rookies?
oldarmy1
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Think we see $5.50-$5.75 tomorrow?

Put a limit order in a $5.85

Can't say. Loved all the volume last 2 hours. Always makes you feel confidence swimming with big fish. I was buying 5k lots while others were buying 50k and 100k lots.

We'll see if it moves premarket or if it gives further down movement. Ideally a weak open that reverses to eclipse $6.60 would give us a nice ride upward.

Need 40M share volume to really see a reversal unless shorts give up and cover.
Ragoo
AG
Big down day for ROKU for those interested in going long.
J_Landes89
AG
where do you chart/watch volume at?

Yahoo?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Jizzle89 said:

where do you chart/watch volume at?

Yahoo?

OA has a setup that makes professional traders jealous.
J_Landes89
AG
gotcha
Ranger222
AG
Big sentiment shift in the markets ongoing. Those growth names that played so well in the summer months during the tariff worries, especially software names, have been wrecked the last couple of days as money is coming out and going to the good ol' large caps. Just look at small cap vs large cap indexes. People rode the small caps during spring/summer as those names are concentrated in US only business. Now that we are seeing from relief from tariff worries, especially after USMCA announced, money is coming out of those small caps and into the larger companies that do international business. The contrast in price movements couldn't be more clear.

Have had a good week trading BA and got some in CAT looking for a follow play. Someone bought a $1 million in puts in VEEV, well above the ask, and I have followed along to play the downtrend in software names. DEC 90 P if you want to follow. Energy and utilities could also be good plays. Seen call buying in some select names there.

Someone also bought $12 million in AMZN June 2019 2400 C and $9 million in AMZN June 2019 2500 C.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Big down day for ROKU for those interested in going long.

Just sold off my 75 C yesterday so may rebuy it tomorrow for Oct 12
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

Thoughts on SQ and DIS? Seems like both had reversals yesterday and then hit that V top resistance line today...short term puts a good play?

Following up here...SQ looks like it's a v top after yesterday's reversal, so if the open stays in that pattern, I'm going to look at 95 puts

For DIS, yesterday was definitely not a reversal as it closed strong and above yesterday's high, so no action here from me
oldarmy1
AG
NIO $6.50

Need to see it break $6.60.
FaceMask
AMD down to $27 on, IMO, fluff news from Intel. I still see AMD taking a chunk from Intel market share. But is it already priced in or room to boom.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Bought a little bit (500 shares at under 0.20) of MNGA yesterday on a whim from someone I've never met in a Robinhood FB group. Don't know that I will hold on to it long, but it was up huge today.

Put put a black chip on red and hope for the best.

Sold 150 shares at .65 this morning. 350 shares of free stock.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FaceMask said:

AMD down to $27 on, IMO, fluff news from Intel. I still see AMD taking a chunk from Intel market share. But is it already priced in or room to boom.
Lots of expectations are baked into that price right now. Q3 earnings will be a very telling time.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

FaceMask said:

Lots of expectations are baked into that price right now. Q3 earnings will be a very telling time.

Agreed, I think this is just a natural correction
IrishTxAggie
AG
Curious to hear if anyone has taken a look at Halcon Resources $HK. Been doing a little research and it appears that their cash is getting pretty low and they have some lofty production goals for 2019 and are trying to sell off their services business to garner some cash. Their acreage also seems to be pretty desirable and could be a takeover target. Thoughts from anyone familiar with O&G in Delaware Basin would be appreciated.
The Debt
I bought into Chevron at $116 three weeks ago. Its playing at 125.50 today. Placed a sell at $126 (an all time high).

I feel like I can sell and witness a dip after that high and buy back low.

*edit apparently it did hit 131 a while back in January but then dropped to 110 in three weeks*
gougler08
AG
Didn't get in on the SQ put this morning, damnit
UpstateAg
AG
AVEO had a great conference call yesterday. Going in some more while it is down. Also adding to IMMP for a swing trade. I'm thinking how much cash do I want to have during mid-terms...
tailgatetimer10
AG
Mind providing additional details? Definitely interested in this
UpstateAg
AG
Sure, which part? AVEO is Irish's baby, but they had one of the better conference calls I've heard lately, and they have a line of products that could be $$$ in the future, especially if a BO is in play.
IMMP is a company I saw from a chart guy I follow. He alerted, I did some DD and found it was close to revealing some promising Phase III results. right after my initial buy, GSK and other bios announced a partnership for this phase.
Cash for mid terms? That's just me worried that the pro-business regulations train might be coming to a halt (or the stock market becomes scared of that).
tailgatetimer10
AG
Apologies, I was referencing the details of the AVEO call as i've been on board with many here.

Thank you for the details!
ProgN
NBEV is active today.
UpstateAg
AG
Bailey mentioned (besides what is going to come out soon) "other pivotal studies" that could really bring money to the stock. So they have some good stuff in the hopper that makes them a sweet company to snatch up.

Edit to Add:
If you look at insider transactions, you notice that there are ZERO selling shares.
UpstateAg
AG
AVEO had another great conference call today. 6 weeks until data released. Have some test pipeline action happening too
oldarmy1
AG
NIO move on average volume today. Nothing special for pronounced move yet. I like the consolidation occurring as it slowly stair steps down inviting sellers.

I expect a breakout on that pattern with volume to head back to retest approaching $6.60.

Basing above entry is always a good thing
oldarmy1
AG
S&P sell off again. Can't punch through.

BLFS ouch
ProgN
Why are the markets suddenly pulling back? I can't find any significant news, how about you?
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.