Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,077,947 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look for buying at the end of the month by mutual funds, it's the end of the 3rd qtr
IrishTxAggie
AG
Well ***** Now cannabis has the Cramer curse...
UpstateAg
AG
So the downgrades come first, then the mutual funds load up which then drives the price sky high? That's the routine, right?
ProgN
It's not clockwork but based off my observations there is some truth to that.
gougler08
AG
AMD hasn't broken through that reversal line, so hopefully it will trend down some this week
cupcakesprinkles
AG
FOR only $249 you can learn how Cramer used to trade professionally 20+ years ago! Then as an added bonus they will try to up sell you a course for $4,999 while you are at the seminar that REALLY shows you how he makes his money. At that next seminar they will then upsell you the secret sauce Cramer and friends use for only $6,999 and you'll then be in Cramer's inner circle of traders.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

AMD hasn't broken through that reversal line, so hopefully it will trend down some this week
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/the-last-time-amd-shares-surged-like-this-the-stock-crashed-96percent.html
ProgN
TNDM broke
ProgN
The nasdaq is about to hit it's moving average, do you think we bounce off of it like in the past?
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/us-markets-us-china-trade-concerns-rumble-on.html
Quote:

Stocks traded lower on Monday as increasing tensions between the U.S. and China put potential trade talks in doubt, dampening investor sentiment. Steep losses in some of the biggest tech shares also pressured the broader market.

President Donald Trump said an announcement on U.S.-China trade will be coming after the close on Monday. Trump said he has great respect for Chinese President Xi Jinping, but the U.S. deficit was too big. "We can't do that anymore," Trump said. The comments come after director of the National Economic Council Larry Kudlow told CNBC's Becky Quick that Trump has "not been satisfied" with the trade talks with Beijing.
Look for selloff into the close.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/us-markets-us-china-trade-concerns-rumble-on.html
Quote:

Stocks traded lower on Monday as increasing tensions between the U.S. and China put potential trade talks in doubt, dampening investor sentiment. Steep losses in some of the biggest tech shares also pressured the broader market.

President Donald Trump said an announcement on U.S.-China trade will be coming after the close on Monday. Trump said he has great respect for Chinese President Xi Jinping, but the U.S. deficit was too big. "We can't do that anymore," Trump said. The comments come after director of the National Economic Council Larry Kudlow told CNBC's Becky Quick that Trump has "not been satisfied" with the trade talks with Beijing.
Look for selloff into the close.

Already started
ProgN
Yep, and we have another 35 glorious minutes still to go.
ProgN
Imagine if the announcement were to be that we've made a deal with China instead of more tariffs. The market would explode tomorrow and the shorts get crushed.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Imagine if the announcement were to be that we've made a deal with China instead of more tariffs. The market would explode tomorrow and the shorts get crushed.

MCHP got hit harder at the end
ProgN
It mirrored the SOX index but it should fill the gap to 83.6. I bought some more at the close.
Ranger222
AG
Sell Rosh Hashanah
Buy Yom Kippur
UpstateAg
AG
So do we think tariff news will brutalize is this week? It seems like I've become almost numb to seeing gains, only to then see them slip away in an instant while I'm meeting with people.
I'm carrying some 10/19 calls that I felt great about, and now...I feel nothing. What do y'all think tonight's trade news has this week?
Gardening Ag
Class action suit just announced. I bought in today at 82.
gougler08
AG
If AMD could go ahead and reverse that would be great
cgh1999
AG
gougler08 said:

No! To the moon!!
tailgatetimer10
AG
gougler08 said:

How about you go ahead and reverse??
gougler08
AG
It can just be for a week so i can sell my puts
ProgN
Rusty_Shakleford said:

Class action suit just announced. I bought in today at 82.
That was expected for awhile now.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/stock-futures-drop-in-after-hours-following-new-us-tariffs-on-china.html
Quote:

U.S. stock futures pared earlier gains after China said it will impose tariffs on $60 billion worth of U.S. goods, retaliation against levies placed on hundreds of billions worth in Chinese imports.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were up 17 points after gaining nearly 100 points. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures were also off their highs.
China's tariffs will go into effect on Sept. 24 and will target more than 5,000 U.S. products. The announcement comes after the Trump administration announced the U.S. will impose 10 percent tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese imports, and those duties will rise to 25 percent at the end of the year.
WestTexAg12
AG
Sooo BBOX....

What's up with this? I'm still wondering why the hell I bought at $1.65. How much further will it go down?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
khkman22
AG
gougler08 said:

I've got a 9/28 $31 straddle. I would just like a slight reversal.
aggielax48
AG
Wish I'd doubled down on RRTS now, but had reached my cap.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I sold half my position around $0.90. Ouch.
ProgN
There goes MU
Ranger222
AG
Take a look at Disney...forming a hammer candle at the bottom of the cloud which could serve as support. Big call buying yesterday for a week out. I like playing this with both short and long term calls

tailgatetimer10
AG
It's been pretty painful fall. My main regret is buying more in the 1.20 area
oldarmy1
AG
They execute they survive and thrive. Honestly, these are not stocks I'll post going forward.

RRTS is working hard to get their debt restructured. That's why you see the current bump up.

However, it will take an actual successful bid in achieving that for the stock to jump above $2.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM approaching trend breakout.

AMGN engaged on trend move.
UpstateAg
AG
Does Amgen keep this going for a couple days? Or Dies it dip back around 200 or below again and repeat the process? Thinking about how I want to trade this.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Does Amgen keep this going for a couple days? Or Dies it dip back around 200 or below again and repeat the process? Thinking about how I want to trade this.

I'm confident it breaks through $205. That's when I'll make next sell.
First Page Last Page
Page 221 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.