Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,005,338 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

I hope Ranger222 still keeps up with our trading thread when he goes to tOSU. His picks have been solid money, from TWLO, SIG, SDC, DDOG and OSTK (don't look at that one right now or you'll kick your own ass). Those are just off the top of my head and all made serious moves after his original posts of each.
OSTK.....If I had diamond hands on that, I'd seriously be rich. I think I had 500 shares with an ~11 cost basis. Was my biggest loser last year.
jbeck3487
AG
CBAT with a big move to get over a 1.00. Anyone know anything about it?

Potential cup and handle could form.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Back in late May I believe after cheddarflow kept posting $18mln worth of premium buying those calls. TSLA was around $900 IIRC so the big gains have obviously only come in the last week. Crazy! The cheddarflow big money calls have been nice for me including (now) alibaba!
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

I hope Ranger222 still keeps up with our trading thread when he goes to tOSU. His picks have been solid money, from TWLO, SIG, SDC, DDOG and OSTK (don't look at that one right now or you'll kick your own ass). Those are just off the top of my head and all made serious moves after his original posts of each.
OSTK.....If I had diamond hands on that, I'd seriously be rich. I think I had 500 shares with an ~11 cost basis. Was my biggest loser last year.
I bought back in around 25, but yeah, wish I'd bought back in around 4 or 5!

new PT's on it avg 53, high is 60 and HP seems to think it'll get there and then some.

I've played options on OSTK too and killed it -- current magnet is 40, but at this point I'd wait for a pullback before I buy more calls.
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

ROKU breaking 135 will probably light the mega fuse unless we get a reversal candle today. It's got a lot of pent up energy from long consolidation. We'll all know when the real money starts flowing in.
Agree, I'm hearing if we clear 136 and it's off to the races. I added a couple spreads on it!
tlepoC
AG
MOMO calls still in play!?!
cgh1999
AG
What does the board think about ET?
59 South
AG
BREwmaster said:

59 South said:

ROKU breaking 135 will probably light the mega fuse unless we get a reversal candle today. It's got a lot of pent up energy from long consolidation. We'll all know when the real money starts flowing in.
Agree, I'm hearing if we clear 136 and it's off to the races. I added a couple spreads on it!
Yessir... I've been thinking for the past few days that a close 135+ would do it. It's also a crazy one. Seems like it will either be 150 or 120 by Wednesday. I don't even look at the options on it anymore because they're always so juiced. The perfect stock to play longer term channels and sell covered calls.
OE_Ag11
AG
Does anyone know what is going on with PLUG? has taken off like a rocket the last two days. finally time for me to get out of it i think
ProgN
cgh1999 said:

What does the board think about ET?
Great movie! I saw it as a young boy when it was first released and can't wait until my son is old enough to enjoy it as well.
59 South
AG
Well I think OA finally got his MOMO reversal. Geez.
Carlo4
AG
Anyone else getting the feeling this is about to turn down and continue downward?

Trendlines indicate a top has been reached for Nasdaq.

All the travel/hotel stocks sold off hard this morning. Just a rookie hunch.
I bleed maroon
AG
OE_Ag11 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with PLUG? has taken off like a rocket the last two days. finally time for me to get out of it i think
It's definitely ripe for a pullback, OR SO I THOUGHT, back when it was between $7-8 a share. I bought puts to protect my long-term hold of the stock. It has not gone well for the puts, but I'm happy for the stock performance. I have to think some leveled-off performance will occur, but I'm not sure when.

They purchased two companies to make progress toward their vertical integration strategy, which apparently, investors liked. The few analysts who cover them have had their price targets blown through, so we'll see if they reset them.

The thing I like most about PLUG is their embedded position within warehouses for WalMart, Amazon, and the like. They seem to be savvy marketers, and are linked up with some good companies. I also hold BLDP, a competitor, but am considering selling them (I just achieved tenbagger status earlier today).
tam2002
AG
Any thoughts on DKNG calls? Warrants have expired that's been weighing it down and sports are coming (knock on wood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Carlo4 said:

Anyone else getting the feeling this is about to turn down and continue downward?

I've been calling a top for a while.
OE_Ag11
AG
I have been holding them since mid 3s so can get a fair amount here then wait to re-invest when it drops back down. They have had a pretty good placement it seems and has been growing. I just think this might be another spike like they had several years ago when everyone seemed to be pumping them.

I am also an idiot and bought some FCEL at the same time thinking they were the better long bet, but they have since cratered and am down 99%, so now I am holding just to spite them.
Mister Cooper
AG
so much for the FTNT rally this morning
ProgN
tam2002 said:

Any thoughts on DKNG calls? Warrants have expired that's been weighing it down and sports are coming (knock on wood)
I think is sees $30 or less for a better entry point.
TChaney
I have been looking for shell companies (IPOs/Mergers) to buy in on.

I bought FEAC and CCXX because it looks like the people handling them have had a good track record so far.

Any other suggestions? Or other companies that might be buying up any failures in the coming months.
Fireman
AG
I need my 30-day reminder to not short $TSLA again today. So tempting, but it's been pain every-time I've tried it previously.
gvine07
AG
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Carlo4 said:

I've been calling a top for a while.
my clue of a correction is volatility rising as the market goes parallel with it. VIX/UVXY etc are rising as the market rises.

ProgN
Fireman said:

I need my 30-day reminder to not short $TSLA again today. So tempting, but it's been pain every-time I've tried it previously.
Square Pair
AG
I have NIO 15 Jan 2021 4C. Up almost 400%. Take profit? Still a long time away...
gougler08
AG
Square Pair said:

I have NIO 15 Jan 2021 4C. Up almost 400%. Take profit? Still a long time away...
Maybe sell half?
59 South
AG
I don't see any bearish indicators yet today. Lots of really big breakout gaps up that are holding so far. Sideways channels setting up nicely on the hourly charts. Pretty typical action. Rest of the day and tomorrow's open should be telling. These big moves usually need some consolidation before continuation.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the put/call ratio is hilarious.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm trying to buy a few butterflys for later in the week on SPY closer to the 10 day or 21 day EMA. Just my own way of hedging a bit.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

Fireman said:

been there! the only way I trade TSLA is a day trade and just following the trend. I'm 2 for 3 -- 2 of them were call spreads, the 3rd was a put spread that died a quick death!
HoustonAg_2009
I know this has been posted, but what's the best way to play VIX now that TVIX has been delisted?
ProgN
Coronavirus updates: Scientists call on WHO to recognize airborne virus risk, global cases near 11.5 million

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/coronavirus-live-updates.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Media trying like hell to scare the public and have lockdowns return.
McInnis 03
AG
It's probably early to make this call, but with the TRIN falling ,the VOLSPD rising, and the VIX flat, I think there's actually a chance we could have a run up at close.
Golf1
AG
My NKLA Puts have been very enjoyable to watch
deadbq03
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I know this has been posted, but what's the best way to play VIX now that TVIX has been delisted?
"Best" is subjective/situational.

VXX, UVXY, and .VIX index (options only on the last one) are all highly traded, legitimate choices.

UVXY is going to have the biggest gains and losses.

.VIX's big downside is that it's options-only and on the CBOE calendar, and for whatever reason isn't very liquid on the weeklies (but is ridiculously liquid on the monthly). .VIX has the advantage of having a "floor" - the others will always decay, .VIX is basically guaranteed to trade within a sideways channel (albeit a very large one)... at least until the government starts price-controlling SPY

VXX is kind of a middle of the road choice. It typically won't gain or lose as much as the above (long-term .VIX will eventually stop losing and does better, but presumably you're not in any of these for the long game). It's one of the most consistently liquid ETFs so it has nice tight bid/asks for options.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Okie dokie, net free on my SPY put for today on the gap play. Lezzzz gooooooo
Converted the remaining holding into a 317C/315P strangle for today.
First Page Last Page
Page 1846 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.