Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,060,355 Views | 224373 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

yes can request that you whales get a new handle for f16 so if you go a little crazy, you dont get banned over here?

Actually a lot of veteran posters over there have left and have a private discord now.

Discord and F16 go hand in hand
McInnis 03
AG
This thread is my safe haven.

I'm losing friends and family today after certain executive order discussions lol

$APT may be a good buy
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
LOYAL AG
AG
Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

yes can request that you whales get a new handle for f16 so if you go a little crazy, you dont get banned over here?

Actually a lot of veteran posters over there have left and have a private discord now.
I left. F16 is the very definition of mental masturbation.
ProgN
It's gone BSC that's for sure. A few longtime vets caught bans, with some permas. A lot have dropped their stars or closed their accounts. F16 won't survive, imo, which is bad because it will bleed over into other forums.

Everyone knows I'm political but I make a conscience effort not to bring it into here or the tears thread.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm losing friends and family today after certain executive order discussions lol

$APT may be a good buy

On a random market note I believe it was you that mentioned fselx as a decent place to park long term hold money. It's been good to me the past couple weeks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
When you guys decide to make your own forum or whatever it is for investing, please send the bat signal.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Prognightmare said:

It's gone BSC that's for sure. A few longtime vets caught bans, with some permas. A lot have dropped their stars or closed their accounts. F16 won't survive, imo, which is bad because it will bleed over into other forums.

Everyone knows I'm political but I make a conscience effort not to bring it into here or the tears thread.

Don't take the bait on F16 and get yourself banned. We need you here.
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$APT may be a good buy

On a random market note I believe it was you that mentioned fselx as a decent place to park long term hold money. It's been good to me the past couple weeks.

Not me! I was an ARK funds proponent
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Proposition Joe
I got into one of the ARK funds
ProgN
Swollen Thumb said:

Prognightmare said:

Don't take the bait on F16 and get yourself banned. We need you here.
I spend most of my time on F16 but have refrained from really getting into this because minds will not be changed and the vitriol will only escalate leading to the elimination of F16.

During all this chaos the past few weeks, I've really only spent time on this thread because everyone is cool and focused on one goal, making money.
AGSmith
AG
After much struggle I have SPY call (buy/sell) privileges. I can't wait for next week with y'all
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$APT may be a good buy

Just looked and it was gougler. What are your ark favorites?
leoj
AG
Marty went through a bunch of growth charts today, would recommend checking out his timeline.

Monywolf
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$APT may be a good buy

No gougler, but ARKK and ARKW have both done very well, as has ARKG - the genomics etf. ARKK and ARKW have quite a bit of overlap, with TSLA being the largest holding.

Interestingly, AB Strategic Research (Alliance Bernstein) runs a similar strategy that has also done well. Kathy Wood used to be the PM for strategy before leaving for ARK.
LOYAL AG
AG
Prognightmare said:

A long time ago this forum and 16 were the same forum. Ironically it was the political guys that wanted the business and investing discussions split off. Now 16 is just a mess and honestly it's not a fun place to talk politics anymore. To be honest I'm a happier person when I'm not paying attention to American politics because that is a mess as well. I'm not married to either party though I'll readily admit that I much prefer one over the other. Still that party is a mess it's just that the other one is evil. Neither of those inspire much confidence from me. So yeah F16 is a place that really just makes me less happy in general and thus is a place I avoid for long stretches of time.
Ernest Tucker
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

Username does not check out
gougler08
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$APT may be a good buy

FSELX and FCNTX have been good to me over the past 2-3 years when I've had money that is just sitting on the sidelines
LOYAL AG
AG
brd79 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

ha! Now seems like a good time to tell the board my daughter is attending tu.
ProgN
LOYAL AG said:

brd79 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

LOYAL AG
AG
Prognightmare said:

LOYAL AG said:

brd79 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

LOL! Well done.

She wants a Film degree and once I showed her that her first choice of UCLA came with $200K of student loan debt my offer to pay cash for tu became much more appealing. A&M has nothing for her other than Chemistry which was probably third on her list behind film and Music Comp as a foundation for scoring film. Had she done Music it would have been Vanderbilt so either way A&M wasn't in the cards.
McInnis 03
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

LOYAL AG said:

brd79 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

LOL! Well done.

She wants a Film degree and once I showed her that her first choice of UCLA came with $200K of student loan debt my offer to pay cash for tu became much more appealing. A&M has nothing for her other than Chemistry which was probably third on her list behind film and Music Comp as a foundation for scoring film. Had she done Music it would have been Vanderbilt so either way A&M wasn't in the cards.

SHE CAN DIRECT A FILM ABOUT THE WHALES!!

B&I Key:
TecRecAg
AG
Pulling for this one. 717 41C here
GtownRAB
AG
Another rookie question here, I am slowly getting braver and branching from just stocks into covered calls:

WKHS - I already own the stock. I know there is good potential, but also risk. I was looking at current pricing on selling calls as a hedge, so if this is completely dumb or wrong please tell me:

***I know these numbers can change, just looking more at the overall strategy/reasoning

Market price of $20.91
Sell 1 Call per 100 shares owned at $24 call on July 17 for $2

With this strategy, I know I would get the premium for selling each call - then I guess I would hope the stock would stay between relatively flat and just below the $24 strike? I get to keep the premium and the shares of stock which didnt change much in value.

If it does drop signiciantly, I at least get to keep the premium I sold the call for, then I still own the stock, just a at the lower value it dropped too.

If it shoots way up, I sell the stock at $24/share and get the premium, I just lost out on potential earnings over $24/share??
gougler08
AG
GtownRAB said:

Another rookie question here, I am slowly getting braver and branching from just stocks into covered calls:

WKHS - I already own the stock. I know there is good potential, but also risk. I was looking at current pricing on selling calls as a hedge, so if this is completely dumb or wrong please tell me:

***I know these numbers can change, just looking more at the overall strategy/reasoning

Market price of $20.91
Sell 1 Call per 100 shares owned at $24 call on July 17 for $2

With this strategy, I know I would get the premium for selling each call - then I guess I would hope the stock would stay between relatively flat and just below the $24 strike? I get to keep the premium and the shares of stock which didnt change much in value.

If it does drop signiciantly, I at least get to keep the premium I sold the call for, then I still own the stock, just a at the lower value it dropped too.

If it shoots way up, I sell the stock at $24/share and get the premium, I just lost out on potential earnings over $24/share??

Only comment is that since the premium is $2 then you'd actually only lose out in value if the stock goes above $26 a share, but everything else looks right
ProgN
Someone asks about covered calls or naked puts and it's like the Gougler bat signal.

Happy Independence Day brother and to everyone else.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Someone asks about covered calls or naked puts and it's like the Gougler bat signal.

Happy Independence Day brother and to everyone else.

It's the only way I can make money!

Happy 4th brothers
frankm01
Most of you guys are probably too young to remember the EF Hutton commercials in the 70s. "When EF Hutton talks, people listen"

Every time one of the heavy hitters on here recommends a play or a stock, it reminds me of that commercial.

Happy 4th all!

gvine07
AG
Forgive me if this was recently discussed (I didn't see it on the last 2 pages).

Anybody know what's going on with FEAC? They are a blank check company. Someone on here told us they are the guys who previously acquired Draft Kings through the back door IPO. The stock price was hovering around $10.25 for months but just jumped to ~$11.20 AH Thursday. Warrants jumped crazy the last 3 minutes, but then fell.

Twitter people speculate that they may acquire Epic Games (owners of Fortnite and Houseparty), Postmates, or Fanduel. All said it was pure speculation, but somebody knows something.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I have some, believe you're right that it's all rumors at this point. I'm holding with a 10.2 basis until it goes crazy, guess if i was smart i could shed 90% and hold the rest net free but will probably just sit on my shares in hopes it pulls another deac (bears mentioning that deac was something like the 5th of these ventures that this same group did, and i think it was the only successful one so far, so pretty risky)
tsuag10
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

LOYAL AG said:

brd79 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

OverSeas AG said:

I left. .

LOL! Well done.

Smart. Too many people "force" their kids to attend their alma mater, even when it's not a good choice for their field of study.
Proposition Joe
Interesting, but seems like the only real rumors out there basically stem from the increase in price (rather than anyone hearing anything specific). I don't mind gambling on a rumor, but this seems like a gamble on the rumor of a rumor -- the price is going up is MAYBE because they acquired some company, and that company MAY BE x, y or z.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Carlo4
AG
Natural gas at historic low prices and Buffet gobbling up a company.

I can only imagine if it goes up 10 fold back to 2005 prices.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If the Permian is materially impaired by covid, I think domestic natural gas looks like a decent play. Upside with the primary downside being renewed competition from solution gas out of tight oil. Take tight oil down a few notches and it works.
deadbq03
AG
Many NG forecasts are showing prices north of $3 starting late fall and lasting throughout next year due to all the associated gas leaving the market

Can't speak for Dominion, but I work at an NG producer and we turn a profit even at these prices, so if the forecasts hold true, we're gonna be in great shape.
First Page Last Page
Page 1843 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.