Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,517,937 Views | 223278 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
frankm01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South said:

frankm01 said:

Haha! MOVE OVER WHALES!! This 62 yo just sold his first covered call ever!! Today covered calls.....tomorrow butterfly vertical leaps on SPY Darvis boxes. Haha!

Well, just kidding on the butterfly things. TDA will make sure of that. Anyway, having an absolute blast following this and some of the other B&I threads since l retired in January. I have learned so much (and made a few bucks as well) from all you on this board. Such civil and intelligent conversations. I've been investing for years but just long term buys. Now I've learned some of the many things to look for to make more intelligent decisions.

Thanks again to everyone on this board.

Love this attitude. Can you talk to my 64 year old pops who is terrified of putting money anywhere besides a local bank savings account getting about .1%? He thinks I'm completely insane and basically shooting craps for thinking I'll retire from the corporate bs by 50-55 at least.

Yeah, my parents (now 92 and 89) are the same. They did years ago have the advantage of 5.25% interest on savings accounts, but never had the courage to do anything else. They tried a mutual fund once (Oppenheimer if I remember right) but the market in the 70's was not good so they bailed.

As far as your dad who is right at my age, he could be just set in his ways. I was lucky that some co workers early in my work career got me interested in mutual funds (Fidelity Magellan). My interest continued from there.

With the amount of knowledge you have, I'll bet if you show him a few good, smart but simple trades, he might just start to find it fun.

Good luck. Now over to the Long Term Board!
59 South
AG
3am ramp....

Futures 3127
SPY pushing 313
AMD at key 53
SQ 118+
NIO 8.40 (oh yeaaaaaa)
ROKU 129 (GTFO Mutombo, aggiedaniel and I have pride on the line here )
AMZN 2900
WKHS 20+
JD 61.20 (this one is interesting... it is really tight. an hourly candle close near 61 or above would make me want to buy 65 calls out to 7/17 around .75 or under with target around $1.75-2.00... watching closely... OA, any thoughts on this one???? This month long flag now getting around trend support looks like it is prime for a long term blow off top up around 65-66)

Oh and TSLA 1200 today?
McInnis 03
AG
I undershot my tsla fly
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I undershot my tsla fly
Sounds like an internal Elon email leaked congratulating the team for deliveries. I saw that somewhere either on here or on twitter (I can't keep track of all my sources of info overload these days).
59 South
AG
Yea I've thought about it. He's sharp and would understand it. Extremely risk averse though. I'd also have to sit down with him in person and explain it all a few times which isn't practical given I'm in a different country.

Funny you mention those old CD rates. My parents still talk about getting a short term local bank CD back in the late 70s at 10+% like they'll come back in our lifetime. The mentality is more like 'we'll just sit on cash forever waiting for a guaranteed 10% to come back. you're a riverboat gambler buying stocks son'.
thirdcoast
AG
ZOM issues 187.5M shares @ $0.16.
BrokeAssAggie
thirdcoast said:

Just picked up 10,000 shares @$0.15. I missed the ZOM train last go around.
TXAG14
RIP to TSLA shorts.
59 South
AG
TXAG14 said:

RIP to TSLA shorts.
And NIO shorts too
gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

thirdcoast said:

Just picked up 10,000 shares @$0.15. I missed the ZOM train last go around.
In as well, will look for $0.25 as exit
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

TXAG14 said:

RIP to TSLA shorts.
And NIO shorts too
$9.20
59 South
AG
NIO! Told y'all not to sell those 7/17 calls some of you have. I don't normally check out premarket charts, but this one is telling. It's not even 7am Central. That volume is on par with elevated intraday normal hours. Here's the past few days showing both...

Mercy... looks like it just absorbed a 1.5MM share sell at 7am
McInnis 03
AG
Good grief. 100pts for tesla overnight
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Tex Shirley
3130 hit, now its up to the jobs report. +3mm is a very large expectation..
E
AG
NIO

Our 1/15/21 $5c looking pretty nice
59 South
AG
Well I'm officially not going to get anymore real work done this week.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bought the TSLA 1150c's just like everyone else. Converted those into some net credit butterflies just to take the risk off. Longshot of those being any good, but maybe I can unload them for a buck if we get to 1100.
I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself.

B&I Key:
UpstateAg
AG
Wow. I've gone VTSAX on most of my retirement accounts and gotten away from day trading with work going absolutely insane, and this hurts. But maybe it's worth not constantly looking at stocks? Long live Bogleheads. I'm crying into my coffee looking at tsla, the best stock eva to trade, doing what it does. Oh wel.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
I just loaded up on ZOM at .1495.
spud1910
AG
Can anyone tell me how to request AH trading for Interactive Brokers? Do I call in or can I do it online?
leoj
AG
Omg tsla. Best stock eva
McInnis 03
AG
Jobs jobs jobs.

B&I Key:
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Happy days are here again so buy buy buy !!!!
USA USA USA !!!
59 South
AG
Well there ya go Shirley. Do you happen to be of Irish decent?
BrokeAssAggie
Going to be a great start to the 4th of July boys!!
BB675
AG
Any plays today for quick in and out?
MavsAg
AG
BB675 said:

Any plays today for quick in and out?
Gonna give $WIFE a try.
BrokeAssAggie
Good luck getting your order filled.
59 South
AG
Not trying to rain on the USA USA USA parade the day before 4th weekend, but SPX 3150 is massive resistance, this would be day 4 of a big reversal runup, and 3 day weekend coming up where anything could happen to derail. So could see a lot of profit taking this morning... but who knows.

This market is nuts so we could see one of those explosion 100 pt candles. Never know these days... anything could happen. Now I just want to see Trump come out with a mask and cowboy hat on today to ignite the fuse to all time highs.

Mister Cooper
AG
59, do you think anything changes today with the markets based on the impact of the jobs report? I agree with what you are saying but I also would like to think there would be lots of momentum heading into the weekend
aeroag14
AG
maroon19 said:

59, do you think anything changes today with the markets based on the impact of the jobs report? I agree with what you are saying but I also would like to think there would be lots of momentum heading into the weekend

Curious about this as well.

Additionally, I saw some stat that ~80% of the time, the marked jumped up over 4th of July weekend. Not that I would really trust any old trends in this market.
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Good luck getting your order filled.
Not enough buying power.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
AgsnFly said:

McInnis 03 said:

SHOP on a one way train to 1000ville?

Hopefully. I am so long this stock and thankful I haven't sold calls against.
Look alive Ag. Your train has arrived.

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
maroon19 said:

I honestly have no idea. I just take it day by day with the technicals and tend to ignore most of the headline driven stuff. I mean, what does it really mean in the grand scheme of things? One jobs report that is meh data at best compared to what some people think it is going to be? It's like earnings 'beats' or 'misses' to me.

There's a pretty clear SPX 3000 - 3150 box set up. Break that either way, and we'll have a clear direction. Until then, I'm not doing much.

I'm not much into cheesy quotes but this one is particularly helpful when trying to understand the stock market news cycle...

Not sure why my quote screen shot got filtered out but is was this:

Charles Bukowski: "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts. While the stupid ones are full of confidence."
oldarmy1
AG
Everyone who followed in NIO get net free. Live life worry free!
First Page Last Page
Page 1838 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.