Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,024,059 Views | 224213 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by ProgN
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10-4

I'll update my spreadsheet accordingly
gougler08
AG
So you can't buy ZOM on fidelity and have to call, may have to do that tomorrow AM if it's around 0.16
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Goals

Beware. You literally have to input trades based on day plans and hover over the button to get the orders in on time with that guy.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So ZOM is mortgaging their mom at this point, right? Do they have promising tech that they are near releasing that will change their trajectory?
aeroag14
AG
gougler08 said:

So you can't buy ZOM on fidelity and have to call, may have to do that tomorrow AM if it's around 0.16
It will only let you buy 10,000 shares at a time.

Edit: I had the same issue when I tried purchasing more than 10,000 shares. I tried again with 10,000 shares and it worked fine. Also, I just bought in increments of 10,000 shares up to the value I wanted.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Haven't looked into it but no big move as of yet

I like the look of this one! Have an order in, we'll see if it fills
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Goals

Beware. You literally have to input trades based on day plans and hover over the button to get the orders in on time with that guy.
I was talking more about the account size.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
topher06
Well, looks like I'll get to sell new covered calls on those 7/17 TTOO expirations.
canagian
AG
aeroag14 said:

gougler08 said:

Edit: I had the same issue when I tried purchasing more than 10,000 shares. I tried again with 10,000 shares and it worked fine. Also, I just bought in increments of 10,000 shares up to the value I wanted.
depends on what type of account, and possibly your balance.

I bought 10k shares in my IRA and had to buy <5k shares at a time due to some kind of restriction.
BrokeAssAggie
gougler08 said:

If you have after hours trading approved you can. I put in an order just a few minutes ago that has not been filled.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Yes, same for me. Happened with this one and also with ONTX when I tried to buy a while back. I haven't bothered calling yet. If you call, please post or DM me to let me know what you find out (i.e. do you have to call back for each trade, or is it a one-time authorization type deal?).

Also, I haven't every traded options but would like to. Appears Fidelity makes you complete and mail in an application to get approval to trade options in your account. Not sure if that's normal or what, but it's a pain.
gougler08
AG
aeroag14 said:

gougler08 said:

Good to know, thanks!
gougler08
AG
I was able to just do a questionnaire online and then they called me to talk through the option risks for 2 min and then I was authorized. That was early last year
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

Also, I haven't every traded options but would like to.

We got one boys! Now play him carefully... not too much drag...
Swollen Thumb
AG
gougler08 said:

I was able to just do a questionnaire online and then they called me to talk through the option risks for 2 min and then I was authorized. That was early last year
Hmmm. Not sure if they do that anymore, but will explore again to see. Every "trade options" path within my online account that I've found takes me to a page to apply, which then pulls up a pdf form to fill out and mail in. I'll check it out some more. Thanks!
Swollen Thumb
AG
NRD09 said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Ha! I've been following this thread awhile and ready to dip my toe in the water. But mainly just looking to do simple stuff like selling covered calls. I'll leave all the double butterfly inverse crouching eagle strangle spread trades to you guys!
Hendrix
AG
that describes me to a tee. The cover call basics part.
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

So ZOM is mortgaging their mom at this point, right? Do they have promising tech that they are near releasing that will change their trajectory?
bulls would say: promising vet technology.

I think OA's plan on both offerings was to load the boat then sell most shares to go net free on the rest.
McKinney Ag69
AG
At what point should you buy in with ZOM? I am shooting for .16
Andy07
AG
I didn't ride the first TTOO wave, is there a re-entry point approaching?
george1992
BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

I think OA's plan on both offerings was to load the boat then sell most shares to go net free on the rest.

Caveat emptor. Big G just bought 50k shares. This baby could now go to zero. But if you look at the last offering, the stock went down to .16 and within 15 days it was back to .22 in about 20 days.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Goals

I was talking more about the account size.

Oh yeah, just a PSA for those who are into those.
ProgN
Swollen Thumb said:

NRD09 said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Ha! I've been following this thread awhile and ready to dip my toe in the water. But mainly just looking to do simple stuff like selling covered calls. I'll leave all the double butterfly inverse crouching eagle strangle spread trades to you guys!
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

Caveat emptor. Big G just bought 50k shares. This baby could now go to zero. But if you look at the last offering, the stock went down to .16 and within 15 days it was back to .22 in about 20 days.
nice! it did hit .26 or so recently I think? I'll sell the majority of mine on the next run up. The volume the last week or so was absolutely insane -- must be a big move coming.
TriumphForks
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

Yes, same for me. Happened with this one and also with ONTX when I tried to buy a while back. I haven't bothered calling yet. If you call, please post or DM me to let me know what you find out (i.e. do you have to call back for each trade, or is it a one-time authorization type deal?).

Also, I haven't every traded options but would like to. Appears Fidelity makes you complete and mail in an application to get approval to trade options in your account. Not sure if that's normal or what, but it's a pain.
Same thing happened to me on ONTX. I believe it is a one time authorization you have to do in order to trade more than 10K shares of a penny stock at once. I ended up calling and it was pretty quick. Have to answer 4 questions to state you are aware of the risks of trading penny stocks. Then went on to give me resources about OTC markets....I mentioned that ONTX is listed on the NASDAQ
Jet Black
Closed at .27 on May 7th.
GtownRAB
AG
RSP715 said:

that describes me to a tee. The cover call basics part.

Me too - easing in and and bought one cheap call today for GLUU for the first time. None of the butterfly or other animal plays for me either.

I started following this thread a few months ago with a trading account with some playing around money, not my retirement account. So I don't even qualify as a minnow on this thread, just enjoying learning. Hopefully these calls start working out, I would be happy to need to ask OA to re-post is fundraising account to give back.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Brewmaster
AG
Jet Black said:

Closed at .27 on May 7th.
ZOM hit .27and change on June 26th , just didn't close there. May 8th, hit .35.
gougler08
AG
Challenger 17 said:

At what point should you buy in with ZOM? I am shooting for .16

0.16 for me as well
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/01/elon-musk-congratulates-tesla-employees-ahead-of-q2-deliveries-report.html
Quote:

Around 11:00 a.m. California time on Wednesday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk sent out an e-mail congratulating his tens of thousands of employees.

"Just amazing how well you executed, especially in such difficult times. I am so proud to work with you!" read the email in its entirety.

Tesla is expected to report its second quarter vehicle delivery and production numbers after the bell on Thursday, and Musk's Wednesday email suggests that Tesla hit its goals. It follows Musk's exhortation earlier in the week to "go all out" as "breaking even is looking super tight."

According to a consensus of analysts surveyed by FactSet, as of July 1, Wall Street expects Tesla to deliver 72,000 vehicles for the period. (Estimates range from 39,000 to 86,000 units expected.)
McInnis 03
AG
Give me 1160 Give me 1160 Give me 1160 Give me 1160
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
thirdcoast
AG
Cramer goes technical on S&P (someone else's chart)

AgsnFly
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SHOP on a one way train to 1000ville?

Hopefully. I am so long this stock and thankful I haven't sold calls against.
AgsnFly
AG
khaos288 said:

Anyone selling weekly covered calls for 3-5 points above current value, and then just pocketing the cash and if you get called out, you pocket that too?

Thinking of doing this with Uber, XOM, AMD. Do that every week and you're pocketing 10k a year in premium. If you ever get called out, you pick up a few weeks worth premium in cash, and find another stock to buy or buy on pull back.

I always sell volatility, especially against my assets, when volatility is high. Volatility is not always high though. Usually just during earnings season
First Page Last Page
Page 1837 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.