Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,860 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On NIO, I'll try to post a chart soon dissecting the action yesterday which was extremely bullish for today. I'm super busy with work and personal stuff today and maybe rest of week so I may not be able to post as much.

On AMD, check out what I posted on the other slower paced thread that is just getting going for swing/longer term trades.

On others... JD back over 60, SQ consolidating nicely over 100. ROKU following through a bit from that trend test yesterday.

WKHS... wow just wow. I almost pulled the trigger at 6, then 8, then 10, then just resisted FOMO and waited for pull back. SAD but happy for anyone who dove into it last week.

SPY 305-308 now critical area.

I like to post the 'why' charts instead of just the 'what' trades. OA does that a lot and I cannot stress how much and fast I learned from that so I want to pay it forward. I will probably post most of my chart stuff moving forward on the other thread so it doesn't get lost in the daily back and forth here.
ProgN
Provided there's no covid bs pressure on the macro markets, CVNA looks like it is about to take out it's high fairly shortly.
oldarmy1
AG
12thMan86
AG
Fireman said:

12thMan86 said:

TSLA 15 and 30 min squeeze just fired long
Nice - I have a 990/1040/1090 wide fly that expires July 10th. Any thoughts on timing to exit is appreciated as I'm still learning the fly strategy.
well, that's a long time until expiration. I had a 1030 fly for Thursday that I just got out of for a small profit because I was worried it was just going to blow through my wings. With that much time left, you kind of have to just sit tight and hope it doesn't run to 1100! The center strikes that you sold have to get closer to expiration so they can decay. Good luck
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TecRecAg said:

NIO!
just came to post this.
In this one big time in my IRA
BrokeAssAggie
Jet Black
CrazyRichAggie said:

ONTX getting ready to breakout?!?!?!
McInnis 03
AG
So the Texas COVID news is coming out now. Numbers are down, hospital bed space opening up. This will be exicting for people to hear. Get ready for a few TICK bumps.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ragoo
AG
SPY is squeezing on the 1 minute chart between the 21dma and resistance 305.52
Ragoo
AG
And there she blows
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So the Texas COVID news is coming out now. Numbers are down, hospital bed space opening up. This will be exicting for people to hear. Get ready for a few TICK bumps.
Nice nice nice. I think just a show that the state is willing to take it a little more seriously is good. Obviously cases can't have decreased in this short amount of time, but combine those two facts and we're looking pretty on that news front.
BrokeAssAggie
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Nice nice nice. I think just a show that the state is willing to take it a little more seriously is good. Obviously cases can't have decreased in this short amount of time, but combine those two facts and we're looking pretty on that news front.
So why did Abbott just shut down bars and reduce restaurant capacity?
khaos288
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

So why did Abbott just shut down bars and reduce restaurant capacity?
Cases were rising at the time? If he could tell the future he'd be a lot richer.
leoj
AG
gougler08
AG
Jet Black said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Still can't get through 0.64
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Jet Black said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

It will
leoj
AG
topher06
leoj said:

I sold covered calls on half of my shares at $40 for July 17. Hope they get called out, cause that would be a nice boost plus the other half are running.
oldarmy1
AG
CDE made it's move to start trending up again. SLV slower
Barty Dont Hedge
So, new update on computers at work has blocked my use of Think or Swim Platform. Anyone have a way around this where you can still setup indicators etc?
leoj
AG
Awesome, hell yeah dude.

59 South
AG
If ROKU holds 115+ today, things could really get juicy tomorrow and Thursday. If not, there's a lot of downside.
topher06
TSN has buyers (EDIT: at 75C)

Really wish we could get some PR out of T2 regarding their testing (and ideally getting more machines out). Covered on all shares, but wouldn't suck if it could get back to the $1.80/sh level.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

are the 75 dead and should we go out to Aug 70?
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

Does this point to DDOG and FSLY? I'm not sure who's in this space as a leader?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

Jet Black said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

It will
100% agree, just don't think it will be today
Proposition Joe
aggiedaniel06 said:

Just like your question, the value is of your shares is also hypothetical.

Hypothetically someone got out at 60 cents on the dollar. A good hypothetical lesson learned that if you play with soon-to-be-junk-stocks, don't hold them overinght.
McInnis 03
AG
Bought the TSLA 1150c's just like everyone else. Converted those into some net credit butterflies just to take the risk off. Longshot of those being any good, but maybe I can unload them for a buck if we get to 1100.

B&I Key:
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4356375-roku-time-to-go-long?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=roku-roku-it-s-time-to-go-long&utm_campaign=rta-stock-article&utm_content=link-0

Quote:

I've been back and forth on Roku stock, most recently recommending caution in mid-April when Roku was trading in the mid-$130s. Since then, however, shares have have dropped 15% while the broader market has advanced nearly 10% - so I'm now reversing my stance to bullish. Roku is a perfect "buy the dip" situation.

As I have noted in recommending internet advertising-oriented stocks like Twitter (TWTR), the near-term decline in advertising is temporary. Despite the charged media updates on advertiser retaliation, most industry observers have actually observed that ad spending began the path to recovery in May. Yes, Roku was hurting in Q1 and will continue to hurt as it reports Q2 results that were heavily impacted by ad pricing declines - but over time, the company will be able to benefit from a substantially larger (and more engaged) user base when pricing returns to normal.
Roku is a tremendous and popular platform that is in the midst of converting its business to become a purely advertising-driven, recurring revenue company. We've seen from counterparts in the software sector that companies transitioning to recurring revenues have typically seen huge appreciation in share prices (as investors value that recurring revenue stream far more than Roku's one-time hardware sales). I like the fact that most of Roku's hardware is entry-level priced, making it a great gateway to the smart TV world for new buyers.
Keep monitoring share price movements and buy anywhere in the low $110s
Confirmation is always good.
I bleed maroon
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bought the TSLA 1150c's just like everyone else. Converted those into some net credit butterflies just to take the risk off. Longshot of those being any good, but maybe I can unload them for a buck if we get to 1100.
Looks like I picked the wrong morning to buy puts on TSLA.

TecRecAg
AG
Yup. On the 02JUL 118C. Hoping this bull gets its horns pretty damn quick..
McInnis 03
AG
I bleed maroon said:

McInnis 03 said:

Looks like I picked the wrong morning to buy puts on TSLA.

I picked the wrong moment to take risk off. Had I held and extra 20 min I'd have made HAY.

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
59 South
AG
Don't look now, but JD going for a breakout. 61+ should do it. I'm glad I stayed patient with it and maintain my full exit plan at 65.
Brewmaster
AG
Quote:

Howdy!

Minnow here... but I am still around. Have been working on a project, but more or less wrapped that one up this morning. Hope to get back here now.

I have been keeping up with thread, but not been super active so haven't said a lot.

One comment on following others trade ideas. As McInnis said 'you trade it, you own it.' It is that simple. As for the biggest whale on TA, my trade record in following him (as I track the source of every trade I make) is pretty damned good!

I have followed him on 21 trades. 15 have made money. 3 have not (but two of those were hedges that I knew when I bought might lose money), and 3 are still open. 2 of 3 are making money right now. So in real dollars I am up $20k following him and probably up another $10k following his coaching/advice he puts on the boards.

I am VERY appreciative of everyone that posts here to help educate us. They don't have to.

POTD sir! we're all in this with a common goal!
First Page Last Page
Page 1826 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.