Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,310 Views | 224476 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by agdaddy04
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG14 said:

Let's just say I get name brand at the grocery store.

Also - some of the folks have been on this for awhile and their cost basis is pretty sweet especially given current price.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AUDJPY had a decent sized bear candle going for the day, it's been cut in half. Get ready for the Friday run up.

Or not?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tam2002
AG
Ag13 said:

tam2002 said:

My DKNG position has gone to **** this week. We need some sports somehow
I'm loading up on puts for gambling stocks. Seems like the Texas shut down is going to keep going one direction. Meanwhile Florida is having an outbreak of it's own and 16 NBA players have tested positive BEFORE even getting to the Orlando bubble (see tweet below). Have a bad feeling about the future of the NBA season. If it gets cancelled or delayed again the other leagues may have no choice from a public perception standpoint.

For the record this is the saddest bet I've ever made and I hope I'm dead wrong. Just seems like we are back in the cycle of government entities one upping eachother with shutdowns to prove how super duper safe they are.
You're probably right but I just keep adding to my position as it drops. I'm looking to hold for at least 2 years and I have to think we'll have sports betting come again at some point. Same with BETZ
Touchless
AG
Ag13 said:

tam2002 said:

My DKNG position has gone to **** this week. We need some sports somehow
I'm loading up on puts for gambling stocks. Seems like the Texas shut down is going to keep going one direction. Meanwhile Florida is having an outbreak of it's own and 16 NBA players have tested positive BEFORE even getting to the Orlando bubble (see tweet below). Have a bad feeling about the future of the NBA season. If it gets cancelled or delayed again the other leagues may have no choice from a public perception standpoint.

For the record this is the saddest bet I've ever made and I hope I'm dead wrong. Just seems like we are back in the cycle of government entities one upping eachother with shutdowns to prove how super duper safe they are.
I wonder if that includes the 4 or 8 (can't remember the exact number) that tested positive a long time ago when this first started and they just started testing certain teams.
gig em 02
djmeen95 said:

TXAG14 said:

Also - some of the folks have been on this for awhile and their cost basis is pretty sweet especially given current price.

I understand that, but if you have a million shares you are net free on that's still a $3,000,000 gamble compared to selling now. Maybe someone thinks I'm just as crazy for holding my 500 shares net free, its basically the same.

I'm trying to think of a net worth number where I'm comfortable with a $3MM bet like that and the number is much closer to "I haven't stepped in a grocery store in 10 years".
YNWA_AG
AG
It's a bubble for a reason. The nba is going to play. Baseball is less likely.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AUDJPY had a decent sized bear candle going for the day, it's been cut in half. Get ready for the Friday run up.
not yet!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
gig em 02 said:

djmeen95 said:

TXAG14 said:

I understand that, but if you have a million shares you are net free on that's still a $3,000,000 gamble compared to selling now. Maybe someone thinks I'm just as crazy for holding my 500 shares net free, its basically the same.

I'm trying to think of a net worth number where I'm comfortable with a $3MM bet like that and the number is much closer to "I haven't stepped in a grocery store in 10 years".
I haven't stepped in a grocery store in 4 months. Does that count?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
your 298 call may have been a good one.
BenRev09
AG
JPM going to fill that gap back to 90.36?
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Welp, here we go
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
where's J Powell?
McInnis 03
AG
Russel rebalance day. This was coming (so says those that seem to know) (NOT ME)

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
SPOT is nonstop. Just went red to green
Txducker
AG
I am worried about the qqq. The 1 hr chart has had the 5 ema cross the base of head and shoulders (242.4) from 6/19 and 6/24. Looks bearish. I hate trading bear markets. Does anyone see this different to give me some hope. How I wonder how much of a correction Powell will allow.
aggiedaniel06
AG
What time are we meeting at the Mclaren dealership?

By the way, today is an odd day. For the breadth of the sell-off, the volume is very low. Be careful.
TecRecAg
AG
My greedy ass may cost me some profit on 300p. Just keeps bouncing up every time. Anyone still see 298 happening before close?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No...Learn to take profits and keep a runner. Otherwise options will blow up your account
topher06
Hoping we stay above $300 for close.

EDIT: Only options I'm holding are some GLUU calls and then a bunch of sold covered calls for stocks I've recently purchased. And worthless TSN calls that I can't sell if I wanted to.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Yeah bear markets are hard. Simple setups like buying calls when seeing volume reversal at support, squeezes, etc.. don't pay out like in a secular bull market.

This thread is only 4 years old and we have had the most pro stock market president during that time. Markets aren't are as easy as they have been since election day 2016.
12thMan86
AG
Put on 5x 3025/3000/2975 PUT Butterfly's this morning at open for 1.50. Could be my single biggest trade in one day ever. $750 risk to make $12,500.

Let's go SPX 3000! I'm letting it ride to the close, unless my stop at $6.00 hits
aggiedaniel06
AG
Editing because I was thinking ES.

SPX 2980 is going to require a major flush in the last 10 mins and after hours. You'd likely have to hold it for the 15 mins after hours.
ProgN
Yup, it will not be easy if Biden wins. You'll have to be disciplined and your past experience will help.
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

Put on 5x 3025/3000/2975 PUT Butterfly's this morning at open for 1.50. Could be my single biggest trade in one day ever. $750 risk to make $12,500.

Let's go SPX 3000! I'm letting it ride to the close, unless my stop at $6.00 hits
Poor boy over here constructed a couple of risk free 302/300/298p flies on SPY late in the day. Keeping eye on this here and will likely close out at some number prior to close.

B&I Key:
topher06
Prognightmare said:

Yup, it will not be easy if Biden wins. You'll have to be disciplined and your past experience will help.
Biden wins and I'm probably pulling a lot of money from the market. Working in oil and gas, I won't be able to afford the risk to the money I already have. Probably a unique-ish situation nationwide, but pretty common for Aggies.
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

Poor boy over here constructed a couple of risk free 302/300/298p flies on SPY late in the day. Keeping eye on this here and will likely close out at some number prior to close.
yesterday right after close I put on a Call Credit spread SPX 303/301 for a credit of 1.75. Risk is .25. Put on 10 (risk 250 to make 1750). Totally lotto, may work like a charm.

It's been a GOOD day!!
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

you are looking good. Just gotta keep from flushing into the close
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

What time are we meeting at the Mclaren dealership?

By the way, today is an odd day. For the breadth of the sell-off, the volume is very low. Be careful.
today has been a good day. Agree though. VIX not moving much.
aggiedaniel06
AG
12thMan86 said:

Thank you for letting us know 30 mins before close!

Congrats hope you pin it! Keep your fingers crossed for MOC.
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

I also put on a fly for Monday. 2975/2950/2925 for 1.50. Hell why not
topher06
This thread is a lot like a sports gambling thread.
Txducker
AG
This is the next tool I want to learn how to use. I have been watching shadowtrader01 on youtube teach this. I have not studied and practiced it enough to try it. Great job and like the risk to reward ratio.
Ogre09
AG
Is the bottom going to fall out before close?
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

OH NO! TICK PUMP!

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1817 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.