Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,967 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
frankm01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South said:

Observing the intraday emotional swings on here is what will make me never leave. Please never change!

Kind of like a game day thread.....only a lot more civil.
59 South
AG
Ha great analogy. I've never followed those game day threads but can only imagine.

We're up 24-0 in the 3rd and everyone loses it over a 3 and out. Like here where you get the random comment like 'ROKU needs to get it's act together. What is wrong with it?' with frowny face. Then you check it and it's down a couple of dollars after going up 20 in the past week or so.

ETA I'm pretty sure the only difference in civility is due to alcohol consumption. Can you imagine this thread in real time if everyone had had a few beers?
McInnis 03
AG
FishrCoAg said:

McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

SIG getting real damn close to a buy if you're looking for lower priced stocks.
THAT is your poor man's covered call strategy poster child!
Walk us thru how you're playing this. Buy the Jan 4c for 6.20ish and then???
So for me....

I bought the Jan '21 $4C for a bit over $6 each (stock trading at $10 at the the time, this is effectively minimal premium)
Next, I'll wait for a SIG up day (you can be impatient, but waiting for an up day may eek you out a bit more credit) and pick a call and date you want to sell. If you want to do weekly, you could potentially "sell to open" the 7/2 $11C, or $11.50 call, or the $10.50 call, or whatever your risk/premium taste is. You can sell further out to collect more premium. You could do monthly's (7/17, 8/21, etc), or weekly's on whatever time frame works for you.

I'll continue to sell covered calls (the long $4c is your coverage) until I'm either called out, or until I have an opportunity to turn the $4c for a nice profit as well. Each sale of covered call lowers your premium on the product you own for the duration you own it.

Say I have the $11C sold for 7/2 and SIG shoots to $12. I can choose to roll my $11C out to a further date and reissue, or I can buy it back, or I can let the $11C get called out, get paid $1100 per contract, and exercise my $4C to cover the equity need (which I paid $6.xx for), or you can just do a diagonal sell and buy back the $11C and sell the $4C at the same time in one transaction. There are so many ways to handle this strategy.

I realize that may not be very clear, let me know if I need to get more specific.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Quote:

Can you imagine this thread in real time if everyone had had a few beers?
A few beers by what time in the morning?

Quote:

Fed puts restrictions on bank dividends after test finds some banks could be stressed in pandemic
It sounds like this will be in play for Q3 in order to make sure the stimulus isn't pocketed or perceived to be pocketed by "the wealthy" and then the banks turn around and need additional help to stay afloat? Not a good look and negative news will continue to take it's toll, but I don't think this changes much in the long term for banks.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
59 South
AG
User name checks out

I'm thinking similar to a tailgate for a 11am game. A couple by 8:30 open, sixer by late morning and fully sauced by 3pm close.

FYI I'm 6 hours ahead so if you see me posting later in the day on Fridays I'm likely sauced.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm usually 1/2 a bottle of Irish cream and two bottles of champagne in by the time kickoff rolls around for a 11AM kick
AgsnFly
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FSLY looks like it's ready to go.

Hope not. Shorted it today at 81.75. Currently a loser but we shall see. Thankful I shorted NKE as well.
FishrCoAg
AG
That's pretty clear, and how I had it pictured. Just needed to clarify what strikes you were selling. Thanks!
IrishTxAggie
AG
texagbeliever
IrishTxAggie said:

Not to get political but are they pulling out because they are censoring or not censoring enough. I'm guessing the latter.

Never mind I looked into it. Definitely the latter.
TecRecAg
AG
Of course. I wish I could buy calls on $WOKE
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

. Can you imagine this thread in real time if everyone had had a few beers?
Yes! I'll brew it! what we drinking?

although someone take my access to my options account away, I'd be liable to YOLO my account into the ground.
Bonfire1996
AG
With banks deferring payments and now flush with PPP fee income, there was going to be a heightened motivation to increase dividends.

Deferred payments substantially increases interest income for banks. 2nd quarter bank earnings are going to be stupid good, in a sea of shlt earnings throughout the rest of corporate America. Now I expect banks to take COVID related charges to clean up a bunch of crap, but underlying earnings are going to be unreal.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ES flat with stress test news.
Brewmaster
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Been working on a project this week (first as my own little consulting firm),so finding it hard to do much day trading that is for sure. However my ZOM is kicking tail. And Again I have to thank OA for being so gracious with his time and knowledge to us. Thank you.

What is the DD on ZOM? I got in at .155 on that offering drop, been holding with diamond hands, waiting for a big pop, but I know little about it.
BrokeAssAggie
IrishTxAggie
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Jet Black
Can someone give me the quick skinny on ONTX?
Cartographer
Biotech with a strong channel moving up. Cancer treatment maker with a product in phase 3.

Recently stopped a reverse split meaning they expect the price, in the near term to go over $1.

Some have loaded the boat at anything less than .50.
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

The Iran nuked itself??
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
tsuag10
AG
I think there's a thread on Politics that determined this to be #FakeNews
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is he just buying all of Portnoy's stocks?
tailgatetimer10
AG
That hurts to see if real
BrokeAssAggie
tsuag10 said:

I think there's a thread on Politics that determined this to be #FakeNews

Great
Jet Black
panduh bear said:

Biotech with a strong channel moving up. Cancer treatment maker with a product in phase 3.

Recently stopped a reverse split meaning they expect the price, in the near term to go over $1.

Thank you
tam2002
AG
Jet Black said:

panduh bear said:

Thank you

I bought 3k shares today just off everyone talking about it. Sounds like I need to get more
AgsnFly
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Been working on a project this week (first as my own little consulting firm),so finding it hard to do much day trading that is for sure. However my ZOM is kicking tail. And Again I have to thank OA for being so gracious with his time and knowledge to us. Thank you.

All I can say about my client is they have the Ice Cream problem. They love ice cream, have some money and have bought and eaten way too much ice cream than they should have. Now they have a fat belly and want to fix it overnight.

Still watching and still trying to learn to trade better!

Congratulations on your new venture and best wishes for your success.
WoMD
tam2002 said:

Jet Black said:

panduh bear said:

Thank you

I bought 3k shares today just off everyone talking about it. Sounds like I need to get more

Don't put it all there, make sure you allot some for Tyson.
topher06
TTOO has done well today and AH, hoping there is some good PR. Not THAT good, want it to sit at $2.49 for a while.
leoj
AG
Dr. Horrible
59 South said:

Ha great analogy. I've never followed those game day threads but can only imagine.

We're up 24-0 in the 3rd and everyone loses it over a 3 and out. Like here where you get the random comment like 'ROKU needs to get it's act together. What is wrong with it?' with frowny face. Then you check it and it's down a couple of dollars after going up 20 in the past week or so.

ETA I'm pretty sure the only difference in civility is due to alcohol consumption. Can you imagine this thread in real time if everyone had had a few beers?
**** ROKU
WoMD
Dr. Horrible said:

59 South said:

**** ROKU

So who's the ref in this scenario? I vote random Twitter jackasses. *******s throwing around tweets left and right are akin to blown calls, forcing a punt on a promising drive.
First Page Last Page
Page 1812 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.