Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,380 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Heavy heavy heavy tape. I can't even keep my -1000 alarm engaged.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
man, this is crazy selling pressure.
Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Currently in all cash except for my DELL calls. Not liking this tape today.
One of my smarter moves lately...
I saw your post and took my gains on some positions. Definitely 70% Cash right now.
Mister Cooper
AG
I pulled out of most of my positions earlier this morning. Is it smarter to wait and find the bottom before re-investing?
McInnis 03
AG
This should make people feel cozy.

IrishTxAggie
AG
maroon19 said:

I pulled out of most of my positions earlier this morning. Is it smarter to wait and find the bottom before re-investing?
Do not try to catch a falling knife in this market
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never sell. Stonx only go up. Buy, buy, buy.

These purchases are going to look great in 2021, folks.
corndog04
AG
welp, at least my 6/26 VXX calls are back from the dead
TecRecAg
AG
That you, Portnoy?
stxag8
AG
Entered short positions... should be rebounding any second now
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TSLA fell a few points on that sell scare. "Bought" a 965/985/995 long put fly for $2.26 credit. Have a limit order in for the 965/975 vertical to eliminate any risk.
Didn't think all these would be ITM.....
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think we are going to have a short rebound here.
Rice and Fries
RUBI below $6.50
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Yup. Tick is hovering at 0-60......now is the time to get short again if you're playing that strategy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
stxag8 said:

You entered your short at dead center of the range. You were too late and your S/L is probably going to get hit. We came within spitting distance of the 200MA and think we'll see a bounce to around 3054 on the SPX
stxag8
AG
Already hit. It was a very conservative stop. Live and learn
Carlo4
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

stxag8 said:

You entered your short at dead center of the range. You were too late and your S/L is probably going to get hit. We came within spitting distance of the 200MA and think we'll see a bounce to around 3054 on the SPX
made it to 3050... and then...

stxag8
AG
stxag8 said:

No need to thank me for my service
thirdcoast
AG
Anyone like DELL $50 7/17 puts?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Yup. Tick is hovering at 0-60......now is the time to get short again if you're playing that strategy.
not reshorting here - letting existing shorts run.
thirdcoast
AG
Puts on China Hotels? I'm in

Ernest Tucker
AG
Anybody get out of the FTNT 150 7/17 call? I did not set a stop loss, which is something I want to get better at, but also do not want to bail just to see this thing rocket into space.
IrishTxAggie
AG
thirdcoast said:

Anyone like DELL $50 7/17 puts?
Not with their recent PR
corndog04
AG
thirdcoast said:

Puts on China Hotels? I'm in

There was a bunch of decent analysis on wallstreetbets awhile back looking at really unusual activity on May expiration puts. I dabbled and lost. I'm not going for this one again but curious to see what happens.
TecRecAg
AG
Still in mine.. 23 days is a long ways from now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
brd79 said:

Anybody get out of the FTNT 150 7/17 call? I did not set a stop loss, which is something I want to get better at, but also do not want to bail just to see this thing rocket into space.

I bought a small amount and my stop limit hit earlier. Maybe not a bad play, just bad timing with SPY choosing to take a dump.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
pay attention folks, volume declining.
McInnis 03
AG
Bought some FB bull call spreads atm for next week expiration. Figured I'd try because FB strong like bull.
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

It could go either way. MM have literally been muzzling the VIX for the last 3 days to control this Max Pain close.

I was watching RCL closely to see what it does today. Back in February, I rode it to the ground with puts. Today, it did the same thing it did on Feb 21. If my prediction is right, it should gap down on Monday.
Easy money. Rolled 59's to 45's.
I think I'm going to buy the ship RCL is selling. It's the least I can do for all the money I've made off shorting them this year.
Touchless
AG
Meaning it's losing support and expect it to drop further? Feel like I've also heard of volume dropping only to explode upward.
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

It could go either way. MM have literally been muzzling the VIX for the last 3 days to control this Max Pain close.

I was watching RCL closely to see what it does today. Back in February, I rode it to the ground with puts. Today, it did the same thing it did on Feb 21. If my prediction is right, it should gap down on Monday.
Easy money. Rolled 59's to 45's.
I think I'm going to buy the ship RCL is selling. It's the least I can do for all the money I've made off shorting them this year.
TexAgs Summer 2020 Cruise!
wanderer
buying regular equity? or options?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Touchless said:

Meaning it's losing support and expect it to drop further? Feel like I've also heard of volume dropping only to explode upward.
can't predict. i think it should rally a little bit more before the bottom drops out (if that happens)
aggiedaniel06
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Yes, it was to be expected. That's why it is a good idea to jump into those bonds before the mad rush. Many of the HY bonds I'm in are already up 15-20%.

If you think about it as a Money Manager of a large fund, would you rather buy into equities at these levels or get into HY bonds that are guaranteed by the Fed?
Impressive that you made that call a couple weeks ago, well ahead of the article.

I've never been in bonds. What are some to look at? Where/how do you buy into them?

You can buy them through any brokerage. Fidelity has a really easy to understand interface.

You can either buy new issuances or exisiting ones. I made a comment earlier referring to what type of bonds I'm looking at. I bought bonds on companies that are of national interest, that had at least BBB+ rating before Covid and were trading at a huge diso****.

Some other poster mentioned, HYG. That's the HY bond ETF which trades in the stock market. I'm not a fan. You're going to have delinquencies in HY bonds and the Fed isn't going to save every company.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
so would you call yourself more of a JNK guy
First Page Last Page
Page 1804 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.