Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,076,180 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bert315 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Side note, hearing scuttle that Texas Children's is taking in adults due to overcrowding at main hospitals in Houston. That will be a great scare headline

Not correct. Texas Children's has been identified as a potential hospital that could be used should numbers get out of control. Current beds in the TMC are under control with most hospitals continuing to prepare should they surge continue and beds needed. ICU beds in TMC still have over 200 open.

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics/

Exactly what's needed to be heard! Thank you!
Bert315
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bert315 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Side note, hearing scuttle that Texas Children's is taking in adults due to overcrowding at main hospitals in Houston. That will be a great scare headline

Not correct. Texas Children's has been identified as a potential hospital that could be used should numbers get out of control. Current beds in the TMC are under control with most hospitals continuing to prepare should they surge continue and beds needed. ICU beds in TMC still have over 200 open.

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics/

Exactly what's needed to be heard! Thank you!

Absolutely. I just lurk on this thread and try to learn from y'all. Glad I could actually help for once on this thread!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hasn't Houston reported 5K cases over the last few days? That's a big number.

Well, I guess it's a long night.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Protests cured COVID here. We're onto murder hornets now.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm going to guess protests are about 40% of the reason for the spike. Saw a few masks, but not enough to matter.
ProgN
khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I'm going to guess protests are about 40% of the reason for the spike. Saw a few masks, but not enough to matter.
I don't agree with the looting and rioting but if the rise in cases are tied to them, it's probably a good thing for everyone. Most of them appear young and the virus has minimal affect on that age group. It helps build herd immunity though.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I don't agree with the looting and rioting but if the rise in cases are tied to them, it's probably a good thing for everyone. Most of them appear young and the virus has minimal affect on that age group. It helps build herd immunity though.
Yeah, most people I know are in the same boat. The violence and destruction only hurts any cause it's "in the name of". Majority of protests were peaceful though, and even those weren't filled with pictures full of masked individuals. That and the fact I have seen way more push back than acceptance on masks, and you have a recipe for disaster. If we can all hold hands and get along (if they push for masks), I really think that's all we'll see. No second lockdown or wider economic ripples.
McInnis 03
AG
Up up up! BOUGHT THE DIP!
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Up up up! BOUGHT THE DIP!

Thought about you lol

https://v.redd.it/d8lbodsoff651
59 South
AG
Awwww yea futures. If S&P gets around 3150+, watch out for lift off to ATH assuming no major news bombs.
Rice and Fries
https://v.redd.it/d8lbodsoff651
59 South
AG
I've had to pivot a bit lately. I got out of the intraday stuff and options mostly because I just don't have enough capacity to manage it all, and I need simplicity. It has worked out great so far. Here's my current longs and what I'm eyeing. Please note these are mostly multi-month or even multi-year holds:

Current holds:
  • AMZN - if you own it, just hold it. It's going to 3000+. I finally gave in a couple of years ago and loaded up under 1600. It has broken the consolidation phase and is off. I'm not fighting it and could very well hold for another decade+.
  • JD - I'm still eyeing 65 soon for a likely fully out exit or at least half+. Needs to get back over 60 and not have a close under 57. If it does, I'd probably take that and run. It could keep going, but I'd then look to buy back under 50. Needs to cool off but could also keep this parabolic trend going for longer. I'm too exposed to China so need an excuse to lower exposure and 90% gains is good enough to smile and walk away.
  • SQ - I had planned to sell around 90-100, but I've decided to just let it run. With a macro tail wind, this thing could go to 200+. This breakout over 100 after the 18+ month consolidation is mega bullish. Look at 2017-2018 to see what it is capable of. It just needs to hold over 100 although a back test of it is almost certain. I won't be surprised to see it run to 120 or so and then pull back to test 100 before taking off. Who knows though... I'm not too concerned at watching it day to day UNLESS it gets and stays back below 100.
  • ROKU - well known here about the potential. Holding for 250-300 to sell all and then look for 120-150 pullback to buy it back. Crazy huh? But it just loves to triple and then halve. The big boys have caught onto this and are manipulating it so I'm just going to go with that until it stops repeating.
  • NIO - What a ride. I think 8.75-9.50 may be a good area to start limiting some exposure likely with some 'net free' selling combined with covered calls out a few weeks or so. It could go way higher though. Potential to 25-30 in the next year or two. High risk so proceed accordingly.

Watchlist:
  • AMD - I'm probably going to buy this today or later this week in the mid 50s. Not looking for a perfect entry. Nice cup and handle with handle box clear as day between lower and upper 50s. Any close 60+, and it's off with potential leg up to 100. 50 is the line in the sand though. Could go sideways longer so I'm avoiding options on it.
  • WKHS - Small cap so being cautious. It's been on a tear lately. I'd be more active trading it. Pullback to 3.75-4.25 range at the moment would be an entry worth considering. From there it could easily get to 10-12 before slowing down.

TLDR; pick high potential names, don't over trade, let runners run, sell out of losers or laggards before it's too late...
59 South
AG
In regards to the above post, anybody interested in me starting a separate thread for swing trades and medium/long term holds? I think this was brought up a while back but never materialized.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with this thread when I'm away for a couple days or even a few hours sometimes.

Maybe something that would hopefully stay near the top but goes at a slower pace?
lawless89
59 South said:

In regards to the above post, anybody interested in me starting a separate thread for swing trades and medium/long term holds? I think this was brought up a while back but never materialized.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with this thread when I'm away for a couple days or even a few hours sometimes.

Maybe something that would hopefully stay near the top but goes at a slower pace?

I'm all in for a medium/long term holds thread.
ProgN
59 South said:

Yes, I suggested creating a thread where only trades are listed without discussion. I envisioned it as a complement type thread to this one that people could just check to see what people are doing. The discussion would still take place here but with people going back to work, most people don't have the time to go through several pages. The new list would be like a quick glance checklist for ideas.
59 South
AG
Yep, I envision more thorough and longer posts with what is being bought or sold or considered and why, ideally a chart or two explaining the why. But not the back and forth real time chat type discussions like we have here.
Carlo4
AG
Went to bed and saw futures -1.5% and now they are +1%.

Crazy
TXAG14
You are reaching.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Take it to a different thread

Y'all do a fantastic job of keeping this thread on topic. We'll clean this up to support the effort.

Opinions are strong now. We get it. No warnings ,no bans, none of that.....just cleanup.

-Staff
IrishTxAggie
AG
Colt98
AG
Now back to stocks... go start a post on f16 for this if you want to hash it out.
59 South
AG
Futures 3144. SPY 314+ That's big if it holds.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This. This isn't the place to elaborate on the deeper aspects of the topic. A quick mention of what may or may not be factual events that can affect what's going on around us is cool but to dive into the deeper questions of the topic doesn't need to be here.
Rice and Fries
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1
AG
Been enjoying some down time. Markets just keep pressing like they want to close that last gap. Then who knows? That could ignite a relief rally climax to a new market high.

My largest holding, in number of shares not dollars, remains ONTX. The trendline is strong and even casual investors can see it now. Expect a big breakout move above $0.75 that resets a trend channel.
topher06
Carlo4 said:

Went to bed and saw futures -1.5% and now they are +1%.

Crazy
Media ran with a quote (not sure how much the exaggerated) by a trade advisor that the China deal was done. It was corrected by the source and Trump within about 30 minutes, which accounts for the drop and recovery.
cottonpicker
AG
59 South said:

I would love it if you would take the time to post on the longer term trades. I'm following this thread and it's awesome but just don't have the time to jump in and out of the market.
lawless89
What the hell just happened to SNSS??! Down 46%!
topher06
oldarmy1 said:

Been enjoying some down time. Markets just keep pressing like they want to close that last gap. Then who knows? That could ignite a relief rally climax to a new market high.

My largest holding, in number of shares not dollars, remains ONTX. The trendline is strong and even casual investors can see it now. Expect a big breakout move above $0.75 that resets a trend channel.
Any suggestions for how to play some 6/26 215 SPY calls? Just roll to a higher strike? Use them to bribe people to eat more chicken (Tyson brand only)? Wasn't really expecting this strong of a move.
BrokeAssAggie
Downtime is always good. What's your thoughts on TSN? Still a chance to make a run in the next couple of weeks.
austinAG90
AG
Dropped a Drug study
KT 90
AG
oldarmy1 said:

take some profits at $0.75 or is the move to $1.00 expected to happen fairly soon?

tailgatetimer10
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Y'all do a fantastic job of keeping this thread on topic. We'll clean this up to support the effort.

Opinions are strong now. We get it. No warnings ,no bans, none of that.....just cleanup.

-Staff

It is so refreshing that the staff notices how great this thread is. I appreciate everyone's efforts in this thread, its one of the few locations where we can criticize without hostility and have productive conversation.

Thank you everyone again for the education and entertainment! ...oh and the profits too!
IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

-Staff

It is so refreshing that the staff notices how great this thread is. I appreciate everyone's efforts in this thread, its one of the few locations where we can criticize without hostility and have productive conversation.

Thank you everyone again for the education and entertainment! ...oh and the profits too!
Because there are a few staff members that follow it pretty closely! That is why I only get bans on the weekend! lol
First Page Last Page
Page 1797 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.