Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,136 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sts7049
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did China block all Tyson products or just the products from one chicken plant? Can Tyson just divert chicken from another chicken plant and give that chicken to China?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I already took 1/5 off at $1.65. Stop is set at $1.55. Just going to let it be for now.
Coachbro20
Got it. Appreciate the heads up!
Bird Poo
AG
topher06 said:

Did China block all Tyson products or just the products from one chicken plant? Can Tyson just divert chicken from another chicken plant and give that chicken to China?
Just from that plant.

Quote:

China, meanwhile, is an important market for Tyson, and it's unclear how much the country may still be importing from the company's other plants. The company in February said that Chinese orders for pork increased nearly 600% in its fiscal first quarter compared to a year earlier.

Tyson also said at the time that it expected Chinese imports of US chicken to double after an outbreak of African swine fever ravaged China's pig population last year, forcing customers to look for meat alternatives.

That outbreak was widely seen as a factor in pushing China last November to lift an import ban on US poultry as Beijing and Washington negotiated compromises ahead of January's phase one trade agreement. Chinese authorities said that lifting the ban could help the country meet the demand for meat.
The above is from a CNN article on the situation.
george1992
topher06 said:

Yes. But they need to move those chickens in incognito mode. I usually take them one at a time in my car. Allows me to spend a little time with each one of them and get to know more about them.

george1992
topher06 said:

Can Tyson just divert chicken from another chicken plant and give that chicken to China?
Yes. But they need to move those chickens in incognito mode. I usually take them one at a time in my car. Allows me to spend a little time with each one of them and get to know more about them.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Know a lot of y'all are in this right now...
IrishTxAggie
AG

This is NW Arkansas and all the Tyson locations in the area (Not all processing plants) Tyson will have no problem diverting birds from the Fayetteville facility because that is their most dense spot.
topher06
george1992 said:

topher06 said:

Can Tyson just divert chicken from another chicken plant and give that chicken to China?

Can you tell us a story about your favorite chicken so far? Any idea if she made it to China?
topher06
IrishTxAggie said:

This is NW Arkansas and all the Tyson locations in the area (Not all processing plants) Tyson will have no problem diverting birds from the Fayetteville facility because that is their most dense spot.
Can someone edit the OA1 bat signal to call Von Miller?
IrishTxAggie
AG
topher06 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Can someone edit the OA1 bat signal to call Von Miller?
Von Miller is very proud of his chicken... I know his partners in that venture
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
ProgN
Anyone buying ROKU if it flushes today at the close?
OverSeas AG
AG
E
AG
Had and even day but NIO is still killin it! Touched 7.80 this morning
McInnis 03
AG
Contrac-she-ownnnnnnnnnnn

george1992
topher06 said:

george1992 said:

Can you tell us a story about your favorite chicken so far? Any idea if she made it to China?
Her name is Ethel. Turns out she's way to valuable to send the the butcher just yet. Once I got her alone she was a treasure trove of information. Apparently, there was about to be a breakout attempt by Agnes, Suzy, Clara and the rest of the Cluckers gang. Ethel was supposed to participate but she got pissed because Suzy was screwing her favorite rooster behind Ethel's back. Also found out the Cluckers had cell phones and were making side cash by posting on Instagram. Had no idea that the chicken fetish was so popular.

Anyway, the Cluckers got their heads cut off, feathers plucked and guts scraped out in front of the rest of the remaining chickens. Haven't had any problems since.
Maedan86
AG
george1992 said:

topher06 said:

Not that unusual...I'm sure there's plenty of guys on this board who frequently travel with old hens in the passenger seat.
YNWA_AG
AG
Didn't realize that Microsoft hit $200 a share today
OverSeas AG
AG
txaggie_08
AG
My uneducated opinion, but I can't see how we don't take a larger dip in the market soon. Increases in Covid are about to start making businesses shut down/reduce patrons again. We're seeing it now with increased mask wearing required. My company just sent out an email that we are working from home indefinitely now. We were supposed to go back July 6th, but no more.

I don't think we'll go back to full lockdown, but restrictions/fear are still going to put a hurt on businesses and were about to enter Q2 Earnings. Going to continue to be some bad numbers and undetermined guidance.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Don't think the gov't can go backwards without substantial pushback. Also, just declare your business a protest and operate as normal
khaos288
AG
txaggie_08 said:

My uneducated opinion, but I can't see how we don't take a larger dip in the market soon. Increases in Covid are about to start making businesses shut down/reduce patrons again. We're seeing it now with increased mask wearing required. My company just sent out an email that we are working from home indefinitely now. We were supposed to go back July 6th, but no more.

I don't think we'll go back to full lockdown, but restrictions/fear are still going to put a hurt on businesses and were about to enter Q2 Earnings. Going to continue to be some bad numbers and undetermined guidance.
I think all public spaces requiring masks is all we'll see. That's become political of course, so it may not happen. If we can get that as a norm, we won't see any more restrictions. That's a big if though.
ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

I'll see your concerns and raise you one JPow.
leoj
AG
There is no way we shut down businesses on a wide scale again. We had our chance to use it to it's greatest effect and the public appetite for it is over, right or wrong. We are just going to have to deal with what happens moving forward.
Dr. Horrible
Funny how slow this thread goes on a boring day. I wasn't able to pay much attention to anything During the day and caught up way Faster than I thought I would...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
yes, not exciting in any way.
topher06
Nice little bump AH, lets hope the night is LONG again.

And that China decides it wants more chicken in its diet.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Still intact
topher06
IrishTxAggie said:

Still intact

Seems to be led almost entirely by tech. Wonder if the other parts of the market will recover anytime soon, or are we all just slaves to our computer overlords already.
Brewmaster
AG
if the prediction stays intact through this week, I'll be convinced, but regardless, I'm adding calls tomorrow!
TXAG14
Rumor the China trade deal is over.
Monywolf
Navarro says its over in Reuters report.
GreasenUSA
AG
TXAG14 said:

Rumor the China trade deal is over.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-navarro/white-house-adviser-navarro-says-china-trade-deal-is-over-idUSKBN23U02Q

Futures dumping a bit.
IrishTxAggie
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1795 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.