Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,089 Views | 224152 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by McInnis 03
cgh1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

cgh1999 said:

McInnis 03 said:

MOMO is set to open just above 20. I have the 7/10 20C's and am waiting for them to go green, hopefully today.
i bought the 7/24 $18 calls. Hopefully we get an opening pop!
Kinda like that double reverse elbow pop to your ears I gave you about 20 years ago?
That was a LONG time ago.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
TSN woooof
McInnis 03
AG
WH presser at 1ET. People are wondering if this is another stimulus pump?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ZM looks like it's about to rocket launch......
BrokeAssAggie
TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN woooof
I am getting pounded on those July calls
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN woooof
I am getting pounded on those July calls

We all are, but may as well wait for the news cycle to move on to something else or for the Chinese to start buying again.
stxag8
AG
MOMO
gougler08
AG
stxag8 said:

MOMO
It's down $0.09?

Well $0.30 now
Rice and Fries
Roku tofu!
Ragoo
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Roku tofu!
i want roku over $150 and I want my calls to be exercised :/
SpeedyAg90
AG
Got a few 7/17 ROKU calls 130 strike. Any opinions on future or exit on ROKU?
Carlo4
AG
A fellow poster sent me the news, but TVIX and others to delist in July.
TChaney
Carlo4 said:

On the chopping block:

• UGLD
  • USLV
  • DGLD
  • DSLV
  • UGAZ
  • DGAZ
  • ZIV
  • VIIX
  • TVIX
Swollen Thumb
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

ZM looks like it's about to rocket launch......

Got in this at 114. Almost sold 4 different times, but it's not a huge position so just keep letting it ride with stops in place. Interested to see how much more its got in it (if anything much) over the balance of the year. Why the straight face?
Baby Billy
AG
TSN, RVLV, GLUU all getting pounded. A lot of these go out to 7/17 so I guess I will hold on a little longer, but damn...
topher06
ehrmantraut said:

TSN, RVLV, GLUU all getting pounded. A lot of these go out to 7/17 so I guess I will hold on a little longer, but damn...

Gluu is down 1%.
McKinney Ag69
AG
ehrmantraut said:

I love OA1's takes and suggestions. I am certainly not using what he says to build a nest egg, but I would love for him to weigh in with his thoughts on why these particular stocks were good calls.
I bleed maroon
AG
So, I'm tempted to try my first ever Call Backspread on ZM. Has anyone had any luck or have any suggestions, pro or con to other strategies?

I am bullish, but want some downside protection. I usually will use a modified strangle to accomplish this purpose, but I'm trying to branch out a bit.

Would love some opinions...
Grown Pear
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I understand triggering the wash sale rule, but it shouldn't wind up me having to pay taxes on my gains AND adjust the cost of newly bought shares up also... Should be one or the other, no?
Both, it's making you realize those gains now and pay taxes, which should increase your cost basis in remaining shares you own... in turn that increased cost basis will help in the future by reducing the tax burden you owe when selling those shares.
topher06
Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

I love OA1's takes and suggestions. I am certainly not using what he says to build a nest egg, but I would love for him to weigh in with his thoughts on why these particular stocks were good calls.

Gluu is up like 3.5% (after the 1% drop today) since he made that call. Please don't kill the golden goose just because you might have jumped into one or two plays late, just take reasonable positions on other plays.
McKinney Ag69
AG
topher06 said:

Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Gluu is up like 3.5% (after the 1% drop today) since he made that call. Please don't kill the golden goose just because you might have jumped into one or two plays late, just take reasonable positions on other plays.
You are probably right. I probably saw those calls late. Still interested to hear his thoughts though. Not trying to start anything. ONTX is up about 10% on the day so far by the way.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Studied up on Broken Wing (skip-strike) butterflies this weekend. Holy moly, versatile things those are. I may do away with normal butterflies.
F'ing A. Already executed the Broken wing fly perfectly on SPX to leave myself with a normal fly but at a credit. No matter what happens I take home $.40 per fly. If the price moves back into my fly, I can then decide what I want to do.
Ragoo
AG
Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

With options you should let runners run, but once the run has ended or momentum lost you should exit the trade. You have time sure but will continue to lose value through theta decay and IV slippage.
topher06
Challenger 17 said:

topher06 said:

Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

You are probably right. I probably saw those calls late. Still interested to hear his thoughts though. Not trying to start anything. ONTX is up about 10% on the day so far by the way.

Understand that feeling, obviously don't like the TSN play but no one could predict the China shut down. Luckily I've made enough on the other postings to cover a total loss on TSN.
AgEng06
AG
What was the original entry on GLUU?

Nevermind, I found it: https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2721405/replies/56677961

I was curious to see how far out I was. I was a little "late" at $0.75.
leoj
AG
Fsly holy **** man. From 45 to 70 in a week.
Rice and Fries
Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

He said on TSN that he liked it and the 7/17s given the time until expiration. So I suspect its a similar story with the others. We got plenty of time left fellas.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Studied up on Broken Wing (skip-strike) butterflies this weekend. Holy moly, versatile things those are. I may do away with normal butterflies.
F'ing A. Already executed the Broken wing fly perfectly on SPX to leave myself with a normal fly but at a credit. No matter what happens I take home $.40 per fly. If the price moves back into my fly, I can then decide what I want to do.
Baby Billy
AG
topher06 said:

Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

I got the 7/17 $11c for $0.40 when it was posted
leoj
AG
TecRecAg
AG
I got in at .25 so I've been more patient that I normally am. Hoping everyone makes a good amount on this one.
ClutchCityAg
TChaney said:

Carlo4 said:

On the chopping block:

• UGLD
  • USLV
  • DGLD
  • DSLV
  • UGAZ
  • DGAZ
  • ZIV
  • VIIX
  • TVIX

Noooo, I love UGLD. Made me some nice profits this year.
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Idk what this means, but it sounds like you're making money so **** yeah!!
Let it ride
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, my point was that, while there is still a lot of time and I'm not upset or calling out OA one bit, it is definitely not up 3.5% since the entry.
KT 90
AG
On ONTX, I found this: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/onconova-therapeutics-announces-initiation-phase-120010662.html , which I assume is related to today's jump.

Also going back a ways, here is a previous OldArmy post :

"On ONTX if you have a ton then selling some is always ok, but do so realizing the status.

1) They pulled a previously floated plan for a reverse split to stay in compliance.

2) Compliance for listing is to be above $1, so common sense suggests they see it making it above there organically.

3) They are in Phase 3 trials of a cancer drug due out in a few months, so against that backdrop you can deduce that they are feeling pretty confident about what they've seen and expect."

So you might consider taking some profits today, but looks like it is expected to hit $1 sooner rather than later.

First Page Last Page
Page 1793 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.