Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,057,416 Views | 224349 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Spoony Love
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a basic question on the wheel:
I just got options approval on some IRAs (rollover 401ks) and want to make sure I don't screw something up.
CRWD has weeklies. A 100p is about $2.5. That's 13k a year in collected premium if I can do similar every week. Right? That's with 10k in collateral...so 130% apy essentially? If the stock drops I might end up getting assigned and buying the shares with my 10k, at which point I start selling calls until they get called out and I go back to selling puts. Worst case scenario here is the company goes bankrupt and I have to spend $10k for worthless shares. Right? Am I missing something? (other than that the premiums might not always be this juicy...)
TIA...
59 South
AG
0708aggie said:

welp those momo calls are worthless

No so fast my friend. Could've been the shake before the bake. Still looking at 20.10. Back above that after that sell off, and where will the sellers be?
McInnis 03
AG
Someone may have gotten blown up this morning.

AGSmith
AG
NRD09 said:

I have a basic question on the wheel:
I just got options approval on some IRAs (rollover 401ks) and want to make sure I don't screw something up.
CRWD has weeklies. A 100p is about $2.5. That's 13k a year in collected premium if I can do similar every week. Right? That's with 10k in collateral...so 130% apy essentially? If the stock drops I might end up getting assigned and buying the shares with my 10k, at which point I start selling calls until they get called out and I go back to selling puts. Worst case scenario here is the company goes bankrupt and I have to spend $10k for worthless shares. Right? Am I missing something? (other than that the premiums might not always be this juicy...)
TIA...
Sounds like a Wheel play. Someone posted a video in here explaining the Wheel earlier this week.
leoj
AG
WORK really absorbing a downgrade. Nice
TecRecAg
AG
Thanks to whoever posted the APT stuff yesterday. Got on a 717 20C that looks like it's going to do pretty well.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Correct, I mentioned that in my post. Just trying to make sure I understand the risk
TecRecAg
AG
59 South said:

0708aggie said:

No so fast my friend. Could've been the shake before the bake. Still looking at 20.10. Back above that after that sell off, and where will the sellers be?
quit playing with my heart 59. My contracts just closed. Don't make me lotto 2 or 3 more.
stxag8
AG
ELI5?
AGSmith
AG
I'm new to options, but it looks right to me. I think the biggest potential issues would be the weekly premium may not be the same every week (if the stock price stays level) or the stock price goes up and you'd need more cash to sell cash covered puts in order to get a similar premium
McInnis 03
AG
stxag8 said:

ELI5?
Someone's account likely went belly up when they had to cover outstanding futures contracts that were set to expire within 5 seconds of expiration. Futures are not to be messed with.
59 South
AG
TecRecAg said:

59 South said:

0708aggie said:

quit playing with my heart 59. My contracts just closed. Don't make me lotto 2 or 3 more.
astroaggie13
AG
Something to watch for those better at charts than me..

BBY is in an hourly and daily squeeze. Momentum possibly building to the positive side. Looks like it's been trending good on its daily EMAs too.
Gig em Stros
deadbq03
AG
59 South said:

TecRecAg said:

59 South said:

0708aggie said:

No FOMO on MOMO!
TChaney
So did someone just dump a million shares of SPY or is my chart acting up?
Baby Billy
AG
Why are the GLUU 7/17 $11c not moving? We're at $9.33/share now
cptthunder
Come on MOMO take out 20.15... please?!?!
ClutchCityAg
Anyone in on DMTK or thinking about it?
Let it ride
Tumble Weed
Nice little cup and handle on SYF
MROD92
So the stock without a name. Anyone recall the point of exit?
deadbq03
AG
cptthunder said:

Thats about the number I'm hoping for at a minimum. I didn't want to go with expiry this week so I sold P18s and bought C24s for next week. Really want to see it be firmly above 20 before the weekend or I'm gonna take my put profits and run.
AGSmith
AG
Quick question from a relatively new options guy... I am holding an OTM covered call that expires today. Is it better to let it expire and sell a new covered call on Monday, or should I roll it before the close today to try and capture the weekend Theta on next week's option? I can buy back the expiring option for $5 or less.
TecRecAg
AG
MROD92 said:

So the stock without a name. Anyone recall the point of exit?
The chop has put a few in to the "without a name" category. You might have to be more specific.
cptthunder
deadbq03 said:

cptthunder said:

Thats about the number I'm hoping for at a minimum. I didn't want to go with expiry this week so I sold P18s and bought C24s for next week. Really want to see it be firmly above 20 before the weekend or I'm gonna take my put profits and run.
3 shots at it this morning already so hopefully someone comes back from lunch ready to launch it

Edit: As I was typing...go baby go please
kylewhitener
I'm no expert but to me, it's about your risk tolerance and style. If the stock is up 5% on Monday it would have been better to wait, if it's down or even flat on Monday it would have been better to do it today. Personally, I like to buy back the option for cheap (most times $1 late on Friday) and sell another, but I like reducing my risk.
cptthunder
20.15 MOMO resistance turn into support now?
59 South
AG
YESSIR! It needs to hold though.
deadbq03
AG
AGSmith said:

Quick question from a relatively new options guy... I am holding an OTM covered call that expires today. Is it better to let it expire and sell a new covered call on Monday, or should I roll it before the close today to try and capture the weekend Theta on next week's option? I can buy back the expiring option for $5 or less.
If you plan to buy back on Monday and sell another call, I would roll it.
59 South
AG
Random word of advice about the rando FinTwit personalities (even the ones who appear or are legit)... take their 'this is what is gonna happen' tweets with a grain of salt.

For example, the permabeardoomster guy who posts great charts everyday was dogging SQ a few weeks ago when it was in the 50s saying it was destined to go back to 15 and stay away.

The same can be said about here. Don't blindly follow. Mostly great stuff here, soak it in and learn...
AGSmith
AG
I now have 2 CCs that meet this criteria (AAL 17c and PLAY 19c). In both cases, I won't be able to do a straight roll. For some reason there's a 16.5 to 17.5 gap on AAL next week and there's an 18.5 to 20 gap on PLAY, so I'll either have to roll up or down.
kylewhitener
I actually never worry about getting the same strike price for the next week. It's all about what my cost basis is and what % return I'm looking to get. And the choice between 16.5 and 17.5 is sort of like the decision on whether to do it today or Monday. 17.5 would be the slightly riskier play but has the higher potential payoff. 16.5 is safer but has a lower potential profit.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cool thanks, I thought I was understanding it correctly but sounded too good to be true! Will see how it works out.
Mr President Elect
AG
What the hell just got tweeted?
Boat Shoes
AG
willjohnathan said:

What the hell just got tweeted?

Stocks move into the red amid report Apple is reclosing stores in Florida and Arizona
ClutchCityAg
MOMO calls looking alri- aaaaand it's gone
Let it ride
First Page Last Page
Page 1787 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.