Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,306 Views | 224263 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
TxAG#2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trumps feed is full of infrastructure grants. CLF chart looks good. Will enter tomorrow.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
topher06
TxAG#2011 said:

Trumps feed is full of infrastructure grants. CLF chart looks good. Will enter tomorrow.

Futures are flat
gougler08
AG
topher06 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Futures are flat
Not anymore!
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Mainly just keeping my eye on it with options flow. I have a price alert set for $226 after today. If it gets through there, I think $231 is on deck on short order

I'm in the 7/17 $240C with a decent size position already
This is why I'm watching $226 area and it is a big number. Over 41K offered (~$10MM). If those get taken out, this thing has legs.

ETA:
Through $226. Starting to take some of the $226.20. Takes out $226.30 an then she's off to the races
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Mainly just keeping my eye on it with options flow. I have a price alert set for $226 after today. If it gets through there, I think $231 is on deck on short order

I'm in the 7/17 $240C with a decent size position already
This is why I'm watching $226 area and it is a big number. Over 41K offered (~$10MM). If those get taken out, this thing has legs.

Haha, they're going around the roadblock in premarket
Slappy007
AG
MOMO over 20 premarket. Maybe that 6/19 20C option isn't dead.
BrokeAssAggie
Slappy007 said:

I dumped mine the other day for a nice loss... you are welcome
OverSeas AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Didn't know what to think about ROKU so I pinned a sub $1.00 fly on 127 and another on 132. One of those working will cancel the other out 2x.

Other pinned fly yesterday was SHOP 885.....woo baby.....that one could pay back really nice.

While the attractive part of butterflies is the potential 10x (or more) max situation, the reality is that turning it for a a 3x-5x is the really pretty second place contender.
McInnis 03
AG
And last night I spent time studying the purchasing and selling of Iron Condors so this sideways BS (and potential large unknown swings) that we encounter sometimes may become something I can deal with.
TecRecAg
AG
Slappy007 said:

Let's go!!
OverSeas AG
AG
0708aggie
AG
An someone explain the run up on UONE? Seems like a prime candidate to short.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03
AG
OverSeas AG said:

So when one says they "pinned" something. What does that mean exactly.

I understand that market makers and big institutions are trying to pin a price so options expire worthless. But how does an individual do it (other than our resident whales who have recourse to ba-jillions of $s)?
So with a long (debit) butterfly, you're buying two long strikes and selling two short strikes. The short strikes is where you are "pinning" the butterfly, meaning if you pin at $100 and the equity closes exactly at $100 on day of expiration, you obtain max profit. "Pinning" in regards to a fly means that is where max profit is achieved. Your profit varies as you approach the long strikes you purchased.

Ie:
Buy a 110 call (or put), sell two 100 calls (or puts), buy a 90 call (or put, the type of options needs to be the same across the board for this exercise). This is a a "10 wide fly" or at least how I'll refer to it, and it's where you obtain max profit at 100 and can profit still as you approach the outer strikes.

When you break it down, you're really buying and selling a vertical spread (each wing is a spread, one debit, one credit) which is why the cost to purchase a fly can be low with high potential returns, but the probability of max return is low. Probability of profit (non-max) can be high though if your sense of direction and purchase execution goes well.
Iaggie
anyone getting in on the ipos today? (FMTX, GTH, PROG, RPTX)
Touchless
AG
When you buy the bf, do you buy/sell them individually or do you use a bf option and enter all of the buy/sell points? Also, how do you close out of the bf? Assuming you just do a sell to close or something?

I don't have a bf option, but I can do the vertical call/put spreads.
McInnis 03
AG
Touchless said:

When you buy the bf, do you buy/sell them individually or do you use a bf option and enter all of the buy/sell points? Also, how do you close out of the bf? Assuming you just do a sell to close or something?

I don't have a bf option, but I can do the vertical call/put spreads.
I can do it manually in the TDA web site but I prefer to use thinkorswim as it has a butterfly option that does it all for you, you just pick your strikes. I can buy to open and sell to close very easily. They can take awhile to move though so I set a buy/sell price and walkaway.
Touchless
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Didn't know what to think about ROKU so I pinned a sub $1.00 fly on 127 and another on 132. One of those working will cancel the other out 2x.

Other pinned fly yesterday was SHOP 885.....woo baby.....that one could pay back really nice.

While the attractive part of butterflies is the potential 10x (or more) max situation, the reality is that turning it for a a 3x-5x is the really pretty second place contender.
If I don't hit my 850 fly, I'll pray for your 885

Sam in the simpler room sees ROKU going to all time highs if it can close over 131.35, which is a fib level. Market is strong pre market. Since its quad witching, it will be interesting to see how volatile it is today
astroaggie13
AG
Slappy007 said:

Welp
Gig em Stros
McInnis 03
AG
Just a reminder for anyone else that has been running success on opening gap fade plays.....today's a no play for me despite volume saying it's OK. OPEX Friday is a no-play due to unreliable gap filling behavior.
SpongeBob
AG
Irish - what service are you using to get the Action screenshot you posted for BABA? Thanks.
SpongeBob
AG
DDP
McInnis 03
AG
astroaggie13 said:

Slappy007 said:

Welp
Be not afraid and have patience. That big ass 30 min red candle has now been mostly rejected.
SpongeBob
AG
DDP
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fidelity Active Trader Pro
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Fidelity Active Trader Pro
You've got your BABA entry on deck
59 South
AG
12thMan86 said:

Sam in the simpler room sees ROKU going to all time highs if it can close over 131.35, which is a fib level. Market is strong pre market. Since its quad witching, it will be interesting to see how volatile it is today
Good to see a 'pro' corroborating my technical read and drum I've been beating to death here. Although I mostly ignore fib levels and go with a more simplified approach.
ProgN
Thank you for posting BILI yesterday, I grabbed a few calls.
stxag8
AG
Anyone hop in those BILI calls I posted yesterday?
McInnis 03
AG
ROKU hit it's daily pivot heading down, but bounced back up. R1 is at 133.9, really big space between P and R1 today. Shoudl give it some room to play.
khaos288
AG
Premium is literally insane right now. I have a handful of things expiring next week, and the stock is up while the option is down 30%
First Page Last Page
Page 1784 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.