Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,085,932 Views | 224468 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Ag CPA
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NRD09 said:

side note: what are you guys' thoughts on short-focused investment/pr firms like Prescience Point (the one currently making accusations at Enphase), Citron (the one who did it last year), Muddy Waters Research (the one that killed LK), etc? Are they important to the market as whistleblowers or dirty manipulators?

A friend mentioned earlier that she thinks this move by Prescience Point is pure BS. She usually doesn't make those types of comments without hearing something. Also she is not investing in ENPH so she has no skin in the game. I'm not sure that fourth-hand rumors help you any from an investment decision standpoint, but I thought it warranted posting.
ProgN
JD.com shares jump 5.7% in the e-commerce giant's $3.87 billion Hong Kong debut

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/jd-com-shares-hong-kong-secondary-listing-debut.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If I'm reading this chart I see Jan2019 to May2019 as the a or first wave, then down to the b around Jun2019, then up to the c in late Feb2020, then down to d in late Mar2020. The 5th part of the wave has to be smaller than the 3rd part of the wave, so that limits the top to around 367 before it should start a new trend, more likely than not a correction. The other waves look like minor fluctuations.

I'm new at this. Am I way off base here?
McInnis 03
AG
I have zero knowledge on Elliot wave

Side note: /ES down 40 tonight though
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Dr. Horrible
Made half of a good plan today. Got out of my roku at 121.28 today and set a target to get back in at 115.28. Just missed calling that bottom by ~$.50. Will see what tomorrow holds, but may want to adjust that plan in the morning. This was definitely more of a lucky than good scenario, but I'm trying to get better.

Still pissed about missing my spxl buy target by $.01
McInnis 03
AG
Where have I been??? I just read you can trade SPX and XSP options starting at 2am Central. Seriously!?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
The Pilot
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Where have I been??? I just read you can trade SPX and XSP options starting at 2am Central. Seriously!?

What are sleep?
McInnis 03
AG
Looks like xsp is NOT on global hours.

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

a day of chop. we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Let's play for blood! .... a red day!

would actually be good for the markets long term too.
Last three or four weeks seem mostly chop
moses1084ever
AG
Quote:

ES as well
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

JD.com shares jump 5.7% in the e-commerce giant's $3.87 billion Hong Kong debut

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/jd-com-shares-hong-kong-secondary-listing-debut.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Here's the deal with the JD listing in HK if you're curious. It will be interesting to see how it trades moving forward. Day 1 traded in HK as high as 239 HKD ($30.84 USD) and closed at 234 HKD ($30.19 USD). Each US share is worth 2 HK shares. So traded as high as $61.68 and closed at $60.38.

I've had a long term price target to sell out completely around $65, maybe lower depending on price action and macro situation. ~$65 is based on long term peak trend (this is the 5th ATH peak dating back to 2014). After this peak, it is due some consolidation likely back in the 40s. I believe OA briefly mentioned this.

One thing to watch though is that there was some bullish options flow yesterday I think on it for 80 calls out to December. It's pretty darn over bought though right now so picking a peak is merely guessing.

Technically why I am currently targeting $65 (other than 90%+ gain in under half a year on a rather large purchase). Look at the power of that 8 month Darvas box break that ended in November 2019! I was actually late to the party with average entry around $34.

McInnis 03
AG
No more buybacks! Dilution is the solution!

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's interesting and good to hear, thanks! I am pretty heavily invested in them and averaged down before close yesterday
oldarmy1
AG
Wish Ai had gone ahead and added the $300 SPY puts to the $285's yesterday. I do have some cheap $300's I bought just in case expiring tomorrow. Who knows.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm learning these OPEX weeks are not good weeks for me. I remember last month I was not positive on the P/L during this week. May be best if I start sitting these weeks out.

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
Damn futures falling fast...it was flat when I woke up an hour and a half ago
AGSmith
AG
McInnis 03 said:

No more buybacks! Dilution is the solution!

Anyone have a good entry price here?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Apparently this feature is not available on TDA.

B&I Key:
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3584112-roku-positioned-for-long-term-pandemic-tailwind-needham?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=roku-roku-positioned-for-long-term-pandemic-tailwind-needham&utm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-1

Quote:

Roku positioned for long-term pandemic tailwind - Needham

Quote:

Needham analyst Laura Martin sees a long-term tailwind for Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) from the coronavirus pandemic, which could accelerate the ad dollar shift away from traditional TV and towards streaming video.

Martin sees the pandemic's negative impacts on Roku hitting the hardest in Q2 before improving in 2021-22 compared to the firm's pre-pandemic expectations.

The analyst expects 39% Y/Y growth in active accounts in Q2 compared to the 37% growth in Q1.

Needham maintains a Buy rating and $150 price target for Roku. The company has a

Bullish average Wall St. Analysts rating.

Roku shares are up 0.5% pre-market to $117.90.

ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8433117/College-student-20-commits-suicide-Robinhood-glitch-showed-massive-debt.html
Quote:

A college student has committed suicide after seeing a negative cash balance of $730,165 in his account on the Robinhood stock trading app.

Alexander E. Kearns, 20, died on Friday after apparently hurling himself in front of an oncoming freight train in his home town of Naperville, Illinois.

Kearns, a University of Nebraska student who was home on break, left a heartbreaking suicide note, part of which was published online by his cousin-in-law Bill Brewster.

'How was a 20 year old with no income able to get assigned almost a million dollar's worth of leverage?' the note reads. 'A painful lesson. **** Robinhood.'

Although the details of Kearns' trades have not been made public, there is reason to believe that his negative account balance was merely a temporary glitch, and he was not in fact $730,000 in debt as he believed.
McInnis 03
AG
Marc Cohodes is going to get f'ing paid today. He's been screaming about WDI for awhile and shorting it hard.

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
Couldn't get my ENPH 7/17 50C in before close....it'll open a 3 banger probably
McInnis 03
AG
GAP fade play is a go on volume.

B&I Key:
stxag8
AG
MOMO and ROKU trying to break out
Touchless
AG
Where are all my degenerates at? I see McInnis is here. Awfully quiet this morning.
topher06
If TSN isn't in a Darvas box then I don't understand what a Darvas box is. Adding some calls, hope I don't have to get a "No Mo TSN" tattoo.
TecRecAg
AG
stxag8 said:

MOMO and ROKU trying to break out
the laser tattoo removal stuff is pretty safe, ya?
ProgN
I've heard it hurts like hell though.
stxag8
AG
Looks like 6/8 could have been the breakout and a pullback since like OA talks about. Then comes the real breakout *fingers crossed*
gougler08
AG
SPY really doesn't like to be out of that channel

Fightin2010
AG
I used to sell these devices. It def hurts like hell.
BrokeAssAggie
Good time for entry into ONTX or add more??
Coachbro20
topher06 said:

Going against what I said earlier and stepping a little more into TTOO, immediately selling November 2020 covered calls. Volume sort of sucks right now so don't go hard into TTOO if you do this right now.

Y'all see TTOO this morning? Sub $1.30 and u can sell call premiums for $1.30 into Feb 2021. What am I missing here? Does that mean you can go net free immediately?
stxag8
AG
Anyone know anything about BILI? Lots of action coming in on the 7/17 50c
topher06
Coachbro20 said:

topher06 said:

Going against what I said earlier and stepping a little more into TTOO, immediately selling November 2020 covered calls. Volume sort of sucks right now so don't go hard into TTOO if you do this right now.

Y'all see TTOO this morning? Sub $1.30 and u can sell call premiums for $1.30 into Feb 2021. What am I missing here? Does that mean you can go net free immediately?
The bid/ask is being averaged here. The bid is $0.65 and there hasn't been any volume on those contracts. Still not a horrible play to buy $1.25/share and immediately sell the call at $0.65/share as long as you can sit on the money.
First Page Last Page
Page 1777 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.