Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,026 Views | 224251 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PearlJammin said:

AGSmith said:

gotsand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm looking at those $180 calls like an overpriced lotto ticket. If GOOG buys ROKU then I see it as being a stock swap type of deal and not a cash purchase.

Always wondered what happens in that case? Do you still get a premium for the purchase and now you own Google stock? Same with reverse stock splits where the price goes through the roof and you are holding options. I would assume on the options side it also reflects the reverse stock split?
In the case of splits, the options will trade under a separate ticker that's adjusted according to the split. In TDA, for example, it might say "(16/100)" after the ticker. There will also be a normal 1:1 ticker for the option. The fractional options are typically not as liquid.

With respect to buyouts, profitable or not depends upon the ultimate share price and option strike price.
RUBI has a pending July option that involves their part stock/part cash acquisition of another company several months back. Fidelity lists it as July (ADJ) and it's weird looking.
My December RUBI calls are showing a 200% gain. What gives?
Probably just a weird bid/ask spread I'd guess?
leoj
AG
So many growth stocks taking off from consolidation even after large gains and gaps up on earnings. FSLY, NET, SQ headed to $100, NOW, TWLO, etc.

Also AYX which I continue to be very long on. And DOCU.
PPAag06
AG
PPAag06 said:

Can one of our resident chartists take a look at NFLX? It's up in premarket and I'm curious if it has more room to run. I'm seeing resistance at 445 but also have no confidence in what I am doing. Holding a few overnight 445 6/19 options.
Hope someone joined me for the ride!
Proposition Joe
Still can't quite figure this out -- best way to lock in stock prices in this situation:

Own at 115
Currently at 121
Want to sell that day no matter what
Want to sell for at least 120
If stock rises, want to sell if it dips X% (which will be a price likely above 120)

How would I set this? I tried doing a stop market and a trailing stop %, but TDA won't let me do that on the same set of shares. I tried a OCA bracket order, but it only lets me do stop limit + trailing stop.
gougler08
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Still can't quite figure this out -- best way to lock in stock prices in this situation:

Own at 115
Currently at 121
Want to sell that day no matter what
Want to sell for at least 120
If stock rises, want to sell if it dips X% (which will be a price likely above 120)

How would I set this? I tried doing a stop market and a trailing stop %, but TDA won't let me do that on the same set of shares. I tried a OCA bracket order, but it only lets me do stop limit + trailing stop.
Couldn't you just do a trailing stop loss ($) of $1 and so it would sell at 120 or if the stock climbs, then it would sell on the next dip of $1 from whatever the high was (i.e. if it rockets to 125, then 124 would become sell point)?
Proposition Joe
$1 can be a small or large % of the stock price though. I guess I could figure whatever percentage I want and do a trailing stop loss $ on that limit.
Ranger222
AG
Great open so far
Shundere
Looks like 313 is the new battleground. OA is always right.
leoj
AG
PPAag06 said:

PPAag06 said:

Can one of our resident chartists take a look at NFLX? It's up in premarket and I'm curious if it has more room to run. I'm seeing resistance at 445 but also have no confidence in what I am doing. Holding a few overnight 445 6/19 options.

Missed your post but think I posted something similar, so I was seeing this as well but didn't enter anything. Looking good for a move up for sure. Congrats.
gougler08
AG
Proposition Joe said:

$1 can be a small or large % of the stock price though. I guess I could figure whatever percentage I want and do a trailing stop loss $ on that limit.
Yeah I just used $1 in the example as you had the price at 121 and you don't want to sell for less than 120

You can use % or $ depending on the stock to achieve the same thing though
Bird Poo
AG
Went ahead and sold my NET $33 August calls for the 60% gain in premium.
PPAag06
AG
leoj said:

PPAag06 said:

PPAag06 said:

Missed your post but think I posted something similar, so I was seeing this as well but didn't enter anything. Looking good for a move up for sure. Congrats.
I went net free at 446 and it has now pulled back a little. Appears Twitter thinks if it can claim and hold 447 it has room to run. I probably won't add current week but depending on action I may add for 6/26.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Should be a good spot for anybody looking to get in ONTX
TheBiggerEvent
AG
TSN buddy we were so close to breakeven..
tailgatetimer10
AG
I know most of our discussion here revolves around swing and short term trading, but I have a question in regards to 'long positions'

Yes, time in the market beats all, however.. Is anyone moving 30%ish of long term trading to cash? Especially now that we have mostly recovered in the market. With the increase in covid cases, it appears to me that we are as 'open' as we are going to get for the near term. I do not think we take any steps back, but its hard to ignore the amount of people in the parking lots vs normal.
topher06
PearlJammin said:

Went ahead and sold my NET $33 August calls for the 60% gain in premium.
I ditched my 7/17 NET calls for about 40% gain, but holding my shares until $40. Once again, OA1 is a prophet.

Days like this week has had so far make it hard to hold the SPY put hedges. Glad the gains still outweigh the losses on those though, and they saved my ass on that bad day last week.
leoj
AG
If possible, I would advise on maybe going net free and holding onto the remaining piece for a long time. It is a multibagger imo.
topher06
leoj said:

If possible, I would advise on maybe going net free and holding onto the remaining piece for a long time. It is a multibagger imo.
Already sold the options, are you talking about the shares? I don't have an issue holding most of the shares beyond $40.
oldarmy1
AG
GLUU July 17 calls would be a good trade about now.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Still thinking 11 strike?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Playing CHK for bankruptcy by Friday 6/19. Prayers up!
leoj
AG
Yeah sorry, shares.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
chubbs07
AG
anyone know what is going on with the spread on the RUBI 9/18 10C?? is it due to the low volume as of late?
59 South
AG
This SPY 311-314 channel is the real deal. Which way is it gonna break? Will be telling, and initial break may be a final flush to move the counter way. Fun stuff.
gougler08
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I know most of our discussion here revolves around swing and short term trading, but I have a question in regards to 'long positions'

Yes, time in the market beats all, however.. Is anyone moving 30%ish of long term trading to cash? Especially now that we have mostly recovered in the market. With the increase in covid cases, it appears to me that we are as 'open' as we are going to get for the near term. I do not think we take any steps back, but its hard to ignore the amount of people in the parking lots vs normal.
Yes, I took out a decent chunk back when we hit 313 last time and also sold covered calls on a lot of positions
gougler08
AG
MOMO volume...maybe it will finally pick its ass up and go
AGSmith
AG
chubbs07 said:

anyone know what is going on with the spread on the RUBI 9/18 10C?? is it due to the low volume as of late?
Im showing a B-A spread of .40-.80, so that is probably causing weird pricing displays. Fidelity always shows me the Ask (not the last traded price) as the last price during the trading day.
McInnis 03
AG
SPY broke it's pivot for the day, Support 1 is at like 310.XX (aka 311). Could be good to set a call buy for that level.

BTW, the power of conditional orders in TOS is not to be understated, I love it. (Ie: Buy SPY 305C ATM when SPY mark <= 310.88)
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
EngrAg14
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Would be great to see where this money lies.
In perspective of the current sideways struggle around 313
McInnis 03
AG
So with the amount of OI sitting out there, do we envision today is just another chop premium buster....has to be, right?

B&I Key:
Maximus_Meridius
AG
2 days, 2 squeezes missed (ROKU yesterday, NET this morning)

Need to up my preparation game in the mornings, gettin' sloppy...
Proposition Joe
tailgatetimer10 said:

30% is probably a smart conservative move.

However I still don't think we seem a long-term swing to the downside until after the elections. Staying out of the political conversation, but I just don't see this administration allowing the market to falter heading into November. The decisions made in the next 4-5 months may absolutely be detrimental to the market long-term, but I think we've already seen that anytime the market falters even a bit the Fed is right there to prop it up.
oldarmy1
AG
Softbank rumors interest in MOMO
oldarmy1
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

oldarmy1 said:

Still thinking 11 strike?
$11 and/or $10 now that some lag in movement through the macro craziness buys closer strikes.
First Page Last Page
Page 1772 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.