Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,977,659 Views | 224061 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by BaylorSpineGuy
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did I miss??
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
Those remaining threads are not counting the locked/deleted ones either.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

What did I miss??
Just start reading the "TexAgs watershed moment" thread. Then imagine others with more vitriol that have been deleted.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

What did I miss??
Just start reading the "TexAgs watershed moment" thread. Then imagine others with more vitriol that have been deleted.

Enough said! Let's get back to losing money!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

What did I miss??

Enough said! Let's get back to losing money!

Exactly lol. There's a reason this is the only thread I really read on this entire board. Let's see if we can get over 315 today.
ProgN
I nibbled on the 1/2021 ROKU $180c yesterday in case there's something to these rumors.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I nibbled on the 1/2021 ROKU $180c yesterday in case there's something to these rumors.
Set to open close to 121 if things hold. That mofo, I can't win to lose. I had the 115 call at lunch yesterday but the 114 movement was lagggggy so I bailed on it.

B&I Key:
TXAG14
Got in NVDA calls after they were downgraded yesterday. Hopefully pays off at open.
Mr President Elect
AG
Anyone know how the markets will react today to the f16 meltdown?
ProgN
I'm looking at those $180 calls like an overpriced lotto ticket. If GOOG buys ROKU then I see it as being a stock swap type of deal and not a cash purchase.
ProgN
willjohnathan said:

The vix could hit 100 and the markets wouldn't be as volatile as F16.
Carlo4
AG
willjohnathan said:

Bulls: Up
Bears: Down
Beats
Battlestar Galactica
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

willjohnathan said:

I want in on some TVIX F16 action
Rice and Fries
Carlo4 said:

Prognightmare said:

willjohnathan said:

I want in on some TVIX F16 action

Instructions unclear, looks like you just purchased another F16 aircraft!
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I made the mistake of going to f16 after seeing some of the posts elsewhere. Really wish I hadn't, kinda threw me into a depression of sorts.

Hopefully a little trading can help me stifle the emotions.
Carlo4
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

I made the mistake of going to f16 after seeing some of the posts elsewhere. Really wish I hadn't, kinda threw me into a depression of sorts.

Hopefully a little trading can help me stifle the emotions.

I've been enjoying the last two months on this thread with you degenerates and will continue to do so!
Mister Cooper
AG
Looking to finally switch from Robinhood and throw some more money into a different account. Can anyone dumb it down and explain the major differences between etrade/TDameritrade/fidelity or any other online trading platform
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Ok. Enough political bull****.

Did anyone talk about the 1.07 million in OXY 9/18 24C yesterday at 3:58 (eastern)?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm looking at those $180 calls like an overpriced lotto ticket. If GOOG buys ROKU then I see it as being a stock swap type of deal and not a cash purchase.

Always wondered what happens in that case? Do you still get a premium for the purchase and now you own Google stock? Same with reverse stock splits where the price goes through the roof and you are holding options. I would assume on the options side it also reflects the reverse stock split?
Rice and Fries
maroon19 said:

Looking to finally switch from Robinhood and throw some more money into a different account. Can anyone dumb it down and explain the major differences between etrade/TDameritrade/fidelity or any other online trading platform
Personally, I like Fidelity. Nice functionality, reputable, easy to use website. But honestly, you can't go wrong with any of those as they will all offer mostly the same thing.
PPAag06
AG
Can one of our resident chartists take a look at NFLX? It's up in premarket and I'm curious if it has more room to run. I'm seeing resistance at 445 but also have no confidence in what I am doing. Holding a few overnight 445 6/19 options.
TecRecAg
AG
Now you have me curious about the options piece. I hope someone can answer.
Rice and Fries
Our tendie printing machine, TSN, is looking poised for another good day.
TXAG14
I mostly use mobile since I am on the go a lot. TDA's app has been fantastic for me.
leoj
AG
TecRecAg said:

Now you have me curious about the options piece. I hope someone can answer.

Well there is normally enough time between announcement and completion of the transaction that the share price will stabilize somewhere near the agreement price. I would think you would then want to either close out or exercise your option, I don't think it converts to another security.
oldarmy1
AG
Important day or two here. Watch to make sure we aren't at a secondary level top from initial top versus completing the full "V" and likely seeing a new high before anything dramatic.

McInnis 03
AG
Today's gap is small, but the volume says its playable.

B&I Key:
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

Always wondered what happens in that case? Do you still get a premium for the purchase and now you own Google stock? Same with reverse stock splits where the price goes through the roof and you are holding options. I would assume on the options side it also reflects the reverse stock split?
In the case of splits, the options will trade under a separate ticker that's adjusted according to the split. In TDA, for example, it might say "(16/100)" after the ticker. There will also be a normal 1:1 ticker for the option. The fractional options are typically not as liquid.

With respect to buyouts, profitable or not depends upon the ultimate share price and option strike price.
jtmoney03
AG
If you are going to be desktop, don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Mobile, TDA has the best interface through the thinkorswim app, in my opinion. Fidelity is very clunky, especially with options and constantly having to set how many strikes you want on the option chain. Haven't tried ETrade, so no feedback on them.
AGSmith
AG
gotsand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

In the case of splits, the options will trade under a separate ticker that's adjusted according to the split. In TDA, for example, it might say "(16/100)" after the ticker. There will also be a normal 1:1 ticker for the option. The fractional options are typically not as liquid.

With respect to buyouts, profitable or not depends upon the ultimate share price and option strike price.
RUBI has a pending July option that involves their part stock/part cash acquisition of another company several months back. Fidelity lists it as July (ADJ) and it's weird looking.
Andy07
AG
On the subject of Brokers, I'm getting frustrated with Schwab's lacking features.

Anyone use Tradestation?
TXAG14
TXAG14 said:

Got in NVDA calls after they were downgraded yesterday. Hopefully pays off at open.
Boom.
Bird Poo
AG
AGSmith said:

gotsand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

RUBI has a pending July option that involves their part stock/part cash acquisition of another company several months back. Fidelity lists it as July (ADJ) and it's weird looking.
My December RUBI calls are showing a 200% gain. What gives?
khaos288
AG
Oh boy you guys aren't kidding. No f16 for me.

On a market note, if you guys were going to park cash for 6 months what would you do with it? I get 2.1 through my mma, but wouldn't mind a little more risk with my play money.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Yes, TDA shows those as 108/100 (US$ 0.95). In that case, each contract is for 108 shares.

The price is also adjusted - many things can cause this (merger, special dividend, etc.).
First Page Last Page
Page 1771 of 6402

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.