Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,639 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tam2002 said:

DKNG doing a stock offering and it's tanking AH
BETZ moving down with it since DKNG is it's 2nd largest holding (~7%).
tam2002
AG
Oh I know...I'll probably take advantage and add to my position tomorrow
thirdcoast
AG
59 South said:

Random observation on ROKU. Yesterday it closed below 8/21/50/200 EMAs. Today it closed at least 6% over all of them. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that happen outside of earnings or other unexpected news announcement.

Last week ROKU announced it carried OAN live, and after the Gundy drama today, ROKU revenue expectations shot up.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

If you were a recent IPO whose stock has gone from $15 to $40 in 2 months, wouldn't you? This should have been expected, imo.

It's what BYND did too
astroaggie13
AG
NVDA is sitting in a daily and hourly squeeze. Moving averages are stacked. Something to keep an eye on if you're interested. Anyone got any more angles to the technical analysis on this one?
Gig em Stros
aggiedaniel06
AG
Red Rover said:

Ford, Delta, Marriott, Kraft Heinz is my list so far. If you were targeting these or others are you looking for them issuing new debt or are you looking at buying existing bonds? On Ford for instance I see some trade at a 3% to 4% discount with a > 7% coupon rate that mature in 20+ years. Is your thinking that lower interest rates will make these inflate in value or is the hope that their rating improves to increase value?

Thanks again to everyone's contributions here. I'm wearing out my financial advisors the past few months discussing ideas and strategies I see here.
Buying exisiting bonds since so many are trading at a huge discount.

Yes, the announcement of no rate increases until 2022 means there is nowhere to go for yield other than the Debt or Equities markets. If there is a huge crash in the equities markets, these fund will have to flow into bonds.

With the Fed announcing that they won't let key corporations default on their debt, it is a better risk/reward play. The game is picking the ones the FED will be backstopping. Ford seems obvious. Airlines seem like a good bet too but the risk is consolidation if crap really hits the fan.

I know which F bonds you are talking about. Those were trading at 80 a month ago and 120 at the end of last year.
UpstateAg
AG
I know this is a trading thread, but interested in y'all thoughts on retirement account strategy. I'm a boring boglehead, with a handful of stocks on the side it seems boring but steady. What are y'all doing?
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

I pinned a SPX 3050 fly for tomorrow about 3 weeks ago. We will NOT be at 3050 tomorrow.
how do you know?

Signature
\/
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

I know this is a trading thread, but interested in y'all thoughts on retirement account strategy. I'm a boring boglehead, with a handful of stocks on the side it seems boring but steady. What are y'all doing?
List the symbols, not the amount invested and we can do a more thorough analysis.
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

If it ain't orange juice futures, it ain't *****
IrishTxAggie
AG
texagbeliever
Yeah if it could go ahead and hit 3400 by EOD Thursday my 6/19 calls would appreciate it.
UpstateAg
AG
My main categories are: VTSAX, VTIAX, VBLTX
Proposition Joe
So someone explain what that means with DraftKings -- anytime they want to raise more they can dilute the share qty and investors take the hit?

And I'm guessing the repercussions to it is investors less likely to continue/adding investments with them knowing they may possibly do it again?
Brewmaster
AG
tam2002 said:

down 5% is considered tanking?? if it was tanking I'd buy some just to play the model T on it!
leoj
AG
Got stopped at 3126 again
gvine07
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So someone explain what that means with DraftKings -- anytime they want to raise more they can dilute the share qty and investors take the hit?

And I'm guessing the repercussions to it is investors less likely to continue/adding investments with them knowing they may possibly do it again?

Yes that's what they're doing, and yes they can do it again.

They're interesting because they didn't do a traditional IPO so I think it's a special circumstance/opportunity. Plus (I'm speculating) they probably need money with a lack of sports.

Other companies can do it, too, but they have pressures not to. I think Hertz is doing it after their stock jumped a bunch hoping to avoid bankruptcy.
Rock Ag
AG
Anyone ever looked into ReconAfrica? They are a canadian oil company that just obtained a lease for the entire Kavango basin in Namibia. They are about to start their drilling program and could be a good time to get in early.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It'll probably get nationalized.

Complete guess
Fightin_Aggie
AG
gvine07 said:

Proposition Joe said:

They're interesting because they didn't do a traditional IPO so I think it's a special circumstance/opportunity. Plus (I'm speculating) they probably need money with a lack of sports.

Other companies can do it, too, but they have pressures not to. I think Hertz is doing it after their stock jumped a bunch hoping to avoid bankruptcy.
It is not as uncommon as I thought. Roku diluted 6% in the past year and Rubi diluted their shares over 100% in the past year (simplwall.st is a site I have started using that has this info from companies public disclosures I guess)
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
CPDAggie10
AG
I loaded up on ReconAfrica back in January. Actually been thinking about buying some more shares here lately. I feel like there has got to be some more momentum build in the stock price as they start to drill the test wells in Q3/Q4. Plus Namibia is a friendly country to do business in. It's the equivalent of Texas in Africa.
texagbeliever
So when texags gets shutdown, we are all rallying around OA's twitter for our new home right?
FarmersFightAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

So when texags gets shutdown, we are all rallying around OA's twitter for our new home right?
As a long time lurker, yes please!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
khaos288
AG
texagbeliever said:

Lord I hope not. If you think Texags is unbearable just wait until you spend a day on Twitter.
jamaggie06
AG
LoL. Some of y'all need to follow Tesla. They dilute and dilute, and the stock typically bounces on the news of another secondary offering.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
gvine07 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Hertz is something like $19B in debt. The total issuance was for $1B. They aren't avoiding bankruptcy without a miracle. It was a straight cash grab (bordering on fraud), not a miracle. Their bonds are trading for pennies on the dollar. There will be many bag holders who don't understand who gets paid last in a restructure.
ProgN
Good morning pleasant people.

After navigating the early morning ****storm of F16, I think I'm just going to stay in here with you fine people.

Happy trading to all.
tam2002
AG
gvine07 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Great points. After doing some research they really are in good shape with no debt and this is an opportunity to raise some cash to hammer down more on advertising and staying ahead Incase sports don't come back in fall.

Once sports come back full bore I think between their DFS and emerging gambling market this thing will only go up
TXAG14
Test to see if I am banned.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Cancelled my stats yesterday. Unfortunately I'm paid up through the year. Not sure I'll be coming around here much anymore either. Don't want to give them the clicks
ProgN
TXAG14 said:

Test to see if I am banned.
It was brutal. Idk if Brandon drinks but if not, I bet he started at midnight.
Rice and Fries
Hello sir. You are banned
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Cancelled my stats yesterday. Unfortunately I'm paid up through the year. Not sure I'll be coming around here much anymore either. Don't want to give them the clicks
You'll be in here and probably other forums once all this emotion dies down.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good morning pleasant people.

After navigating the early morning ****storm of F16, I think I'm just going to stay in here with you fine people.

Happy trading to all.

Oh boy, I was pleasantly unaware of this mess until this morning. Guess I'll get a lot of work done for the rest of the week
First Page Last Page
Page 1770 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.