Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,092,642 Views | 224496 Replies | Last: 22 sec ago by flashplayer
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SPY charging up for a 5m and 60m squeeze possibly at the EOD here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
krosch11 said:

Abbot squashing COVID headline fears on the rising case counts.

I don't think any state is going to go back into 100% shut down. Will be too much opposition. I think what matters now is seeing the employment go up and defaults/bankruptcies not be too bad.
krosch11
AG
Agreed
Baby Billy
AG
Challenger 17 said:

It's amazing looking back at ONTX and how it was at 4,600.00/share in 2014. A lot of us could happily sail off into the sunset if it even hit a fraction of that amount.

Misleading
Mr President Elect
AG
I know we should be using stop losses, but do some of you guys feel that they are a negative with this much volatility? I've used them some, and almost feel like I always regret it, as the sotcks have been recovering their losses pretty quickly in this environment. Maybe if I was turning around and immediately buying with the cash from the sell, it would have a better effect, but since I am not doing that, I feel like the stock bounces back and I am sitting on the sidelines with a sizeable loss.
McKinney Ag69
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Challenger 17 said:

It's amazing looking back at ONTX and how it was at 4,600.00/share in 2014. A lot of us could happily sail off into the sunset if it even hit a fraction of that amount.

Misleading
Go on.
KT 90
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$MARK
Just got in @ $2.58. Here we go!

Is this a day trade mainly, or are you expecting more of a run up on this?

McInnis 03
AG
Highest possible calls for 7/17 just flew through on ROKU

22500 of them
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Challenger 17 said:

Misleading
Go on.
Reverse splits to keep being listed on the exchange will mess with the historical charts.
Ranger222
AG
Who the hell is buying ROKU July 17 240C????

Buyout or just playing for IV spike???
Shiner Bock
AG
Ranger222 said:

damn, meant to buy 140, lemme roll em
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Baby Billy
AG
Fertitta on CNBC just now.. good points.

Main one being, if we don't accept COVID as a part of our society for the time being, then nothing will ever get done. It's not going away, and 99% of people are at little to no risk from it.

Either accept it as part of society and go about business as usual, or we'll never get through a full nationwide reopening process without shutting down again, and we'll certainly never get through a full football, basketball, or baseball season.
59 South
AG
Without even looking at the past long term history of ONTX, I will explain what I know about small micro cap bios. I'm no finance guru expert by any means so I'll offer my simpleton learnings so hopefully nobody repeats my mistakes.

• NEVER buy and hold them long term. They are scanner happy gambler type day trader toys. There is a big reason OA says get out at $2.50 - 3.00 on the LEAD UP to info release.
  • You are essentially funding research scientists and their research projects; most of whom have no idea how to run a company or let alone marketing department. (Ask Irish about AVEO management)
  • They fund and refund and fund again over years and decades by share offerings which dilute the share price. Share price tanks and they reverse split, rinse and repeat every couple of years. That is why their charts usually just look like they go down exponentially over time.
  • The ones that do eventually have a breakthrough and get bought out may go up 10, 20, 50 times from the lowest low. In order to hit the jackpot you have to time it darn near perfectly.

Proceed with extreme caution...

[end rant]
Carlo4
AG
leoj said:

krosch11 said:

I don't think any state is going to go back into 100% shut down. Will be too much opposition. I think what matters now is seeing the employment go up and defaults/bankruptcies not be too bad.
Some states are pausing/yellow light/caution approach. I say caution based on their views and not mine.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-12/oregon-reopening-paused-daily-coronavirus-tally-hits-high

McInnis 03
AG
Ranger222 said:

that crap doubled in seconds. Wouldn't be surprised if someone is using the Cheddarflows of the world to do a quick in and out. If I had the money, i would.

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ranger222 said:

that crap doubled in seconds. Wouldn't be surprised if someone is using the Cheddarflows of the world to do a quick in and out. If I had the money, i would.
YOU RANG....
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone here ever used fitzstockcharts? I'm not the happiest with Manic lately and a customer of mine turned me onto the fella that runs it. Says he's done quite well following him for a couple years now.
McInnis 03
AG
WAZZUP DAWGGGGGGGG

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
Ranger222 said:

Seems extreme, but ROKU has a history of doubling in 1-2 months. If it breaks this long downward trend of consolidation, it would be prime to explode. There have also been rumors lately of a Google buyout. So who knows. Could be a cheap way for big money longs to spark interest for a breakout. It is a very manipulated stock for sure.
topher06
Carlo4 said:

leoj said:

krosch11 said:

Some states are pausing/yellow light/caution approach. I say caution based on their views and not mine.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-12/oregon-reopening-paused-daily-coronavirus-tally-hits-high

Upping my SPY put hedge position a bit.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
59 South said:

Without even looking at the past long term history of ONTX, I will explain what I know about small micro cap bios. I'm no finance guru expert by any means so I'll offer my simpleton learnings so hopefully nobody repeats my mistakes.

• NEVER buy and hold them long term. They are scanner happy gambler type day trader toys. There is a big reason OA says get out at $2.50 - 3.00 on the LEAD UP to info release.
  • You are essentially funding research scientists and their research projects; most of whom have no idea how to run a company or let alone marketing department. (Ask Irish about AVEO management)
  • They fund and refund and fund again over years and decades by share offerings which dilute the share price. Share price tanks and they reverse split, rinse and repeat every couple of years. That is why their charts usually just look like they go down exponentially over time.
  • The ones that do eventually have a breakthrough and get bought out may go up 10, 20, 50 times from the lowest low. In order to hit the jackpot you have to time it darn near perfectly.

Proceed with extreme caution...

[end rant]

This newbie thinks this is a great post.
McInnis 03
AG
volspd increasing, TRIN decreasing, kinda feeling like we get that runup to close the day.

B&I Key:
YNWA_AG
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Challenger 17 said:

Misleading
Go on.
Reverse splits to keep being listed on the exchange will mess with the historical charts.
https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/DRYS

wish i had drys at 1 billion a share
Ranger222
AG
this is how I currently have AMD charted...4h look here

definitely could springboard here off those MAs...

for whatever reason tho AMD has been a little bit of a lagger within the sector...it should go tho
leoj
AG
A long term look at QQQ

Ranger222
AG
right the HFT could have gotten in at 0.20 then out at 0.4 as IV spiked...now at 0.8...easy way to go net free on a bag of July calls as the chart breaks out as us lolpoors get to hold the bag at triple the cost of the initial buy in
topher06
Today has not been nearly as fun as it looked when it started. Damn. Seems like people are getting a bit more cautious based upon the increasing COVID stuff.
leoj
AG
actually redid the lines on the 10 yr daily, shown here in weekly to give a better picture. Think this is more accurate.

IrishTxAggie
AG
topher06 said:

Today has not been nearly as fun as it looked when it started. Damn. Seems like people are getting a bit more cautious based upon the increasing COVID stuff.
As someone that actually day trades, today kind of sucked. It's hard to play these giant gaps because it ****s your plan for the day.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Three of this threads favorite things are going on at the moment and I'm surpirsed how quiet y'all have been about it:

ROKU + Squeeze + Darvas Box breakout.

TriumphForks
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Rice and Fries said:

Challenger 17 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Challenger 17 said:

Misleading
Go on.
https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/DRYS

wish i had drys at 1 billion a share
DRYS was pumped by my finance teacher when I was in school. I had a few of those $1B shares.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

volspd increasing, TRIN decreasing, kinda feeling like we get that runup to close the day.
Nevermind.

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Three of this threads favorite things are going on at the moment and I'm surpirsed how quiet y'all have been about it:

ROKU + Squeeze + Darvas Box breakout.

Shhhhhhhh
topher06
After surging to start the day, ZEST has given up most of its gains. Still thinking some announcement at end of day today?
First Page Last Page
Page 1767 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.