Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,938 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by cryption
stxag8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TWLO rocket
Ranger222
AG
TWLO and SQ
BrokeAssAggie
Ranger222 said:

TWLO and SQ

How you playing the TWLO July calls? Keep holding?
gougler08
AG
Seems like TTOO in a flag pattern after a big run up, break 1.75 and can really run
TheBiggerEvent
AG
TSN
BrokeAssAggie
TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN

Was coming to post this. Winner winner chicken dinner
IrishTxAggie
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN

Boat Shoes
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN

If only someone would have given us a heads up! Thanks OA!
McKinney Ag69
AG
Boat Shoes said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

TSN

If only someone would have given us a heads up! Thanks OA!
Where is OA1? Taking a well earned break?
McInnis 03
AG
May have found some value......looking at AG, 7/17, $9C going for about $.75. It's pulled back to the 50 day EMA on these last couple rougher days, but it's been on a solid uptrend for a bit. Could be a nice bounce play, the 50 day provided substantial support yesterday (which coincides with the 200 day EMA as well). I will play it for a run to $10 or better.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
wanderer
Just now above my cost basis (.74) with TSN on the 7/17 75C.

Just curious if yall are in the green that much or just excited to see it have some life. If you bought a bunch over the last week when it was at .30 then today has been a nice payday.
george1992
Indians (dots) and Chicoms shooting at each other.
McInnis 03
AG
$MARK
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
I bleed maroon
AG
wanderer said:

Just curious if yall are in the green that much or just excited to see it have some life. If you bought a bunch over the last week when it was at .30 then today has been a nice payday.
For the first time ever, I nibbled a bit on an exact trade suggested on this thread, just for entertainment value. I bought 30 of the above options a week or so ago at $0.25 (my limit order barely hit), and today sold 10 at 0.55, 5 at 0.75, and have an order in to sell 5 more at .90.

I'm happy with this little test.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm curious. So you are looking to bank the premiums, which should cover your losses when you have to buy the calls or puts or both? How do you chose companies, strikes, and dates to target? Do you target stocks and prices with the biggest premiums?

Say if I were looking at doing this with AAL for the Jun 26'20 date. Would selling a put at $18 strike and a call at $16 strike be ideal?
topher06
george1992 said:

Indians (dots) and Chicoms shooting at each other.
Don't think this is a thing for the market yet, but definitely something to keep an eye on. China is causing all sorts of problems right now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
market is just sitting there. i guess wait for 2:30?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
topher06
gougler08 said:

Seems like TTOO in a flag pattern after a big run up, break 1.75 and can really run
To $2.45, then it needs to take a breather for about 6 months.
Red Rover
AG
Ford, Delta, Marriott, Kraft Heinz is my list so far. If you were targeting these or others are you looking for them issuing new debt or are you looking at buying existing bonds? On Ford for instance I see some trade at a 3% to 4% discount with a > 7% coupon rate that mature in 20+ years. Is your thinking that lower interest rates will make these inflate in value or is the hope that their rating improves to increase value?

Thanks again to everyone's contributions here. I'm wearing out my financial advisors the past few months discussing ideas and strategies I see here.
CSTXAg92
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$MARK
Just got in @ $2.58. Here we go!
CSTXAg92
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$MARK
Up 13% in ~10 minutes.
IrishTxAggie
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$MARK
Barstool dude just tweeted MARK
Shiner Bock
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

CSTXAg92 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$MARK
Barstool dude just tweeted MARK
they just got an FCC approval
Ranger222
AG
Of course! Still have a month on those and move has just begun. Look at DDOG for what TWLO pattern should look like

BJ also coming out of recent consolidation wedge after earnings
Betoisafurry
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm curious. So you are looking to bank the premiums, which should cover your losses when you have to buy the calls or puts or both? How do you chose companies, strikes, and dates to target? Do you target stocks and prices with the biggest premiums?

Say if I were looking at doing this with AAL for the Jun 26'20 date. Would selling a put at $18 strike and a call at $16 strike be ideal?
I'm not a pro, I've only been actively trading about a year so take this for what it's worth.

I do it with stocks I don't mind holding longterm (solid dividend blue chips, MO, XOM are a couple of mine right now as example). The premium is not as high on these, but if a crash(two months ago) occurs I don't stay up at night worrying about bankruptcy. I usually sell weeklies, and try to write puts on red days and write calls on green days.

The only reason it is not more popular, I think, is that you have to have the cash to cover your put when you get assigned, and that ties up your capital.

Now, you only write one at a time with this strategy. You write the put option until you get assigned shares, with those shares in your account you write a covered call with a strike price above the price you got assigned at.

This video is a really simple and good explanation I think.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Can it work the opposite? As in could you write calls first on a green day to start and then either pocket premium or flip to writing a put if you get assigned the shares?
ProgN
Ranger,

Look at AMD, it's tried 3 times to get passed $60. It looks to me like it's coiling up and going to try again. If it does, I think it will go this time. What do you see and would the July $60c be a decent play?
topher06
Bob Knights Liver said:

Can it work the opposite? As in could you write calls first on a green day to start and then either pocket premium or flip to writing a put if you get assigned the shares?
If you write calls, your risk is that you have to sell shares at a price that is lower than the market price. You could start on the bottom of the wheel if you already own the shares, if that's what your asking.

That video doesn't really illustrate that you can lose a lot of value if the stock drops low after you've sold the put. Yeah, you can then sell a covered call, but if the stock dropped 20% you can't really get any premium on a covered call that is above your original put strike (assuming you are talking weekly or even monthly).
astroaggie13
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ranger,

Look at AMD, it's tried 3 times to get passed $60. It looks to me like it's coiling up and going to try again. If it does, I think it will go this time. What do you see and would the July $60c be a decent play?

Daily and hourly squeeze. 8/21 hourly crossed earlier I think from memory. Looks bullish to me
Gig em Stros
Betoisafurry
topher06 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

If you write calls, your risk is that you have to sell shares at a price that is lower than the market price. You could start on the bottom of the wheel if you already own the shares, if that's what your asking.

That video doesn't really illustrate that you can lose a lot of value if the stock drops low after you've sold the put. Yeah, you can then sell a covered call, but if the stock dropped 20% you can't really get any premium on a covered call that is above your original put strike (assuming you are talking weekly or even monthly).
Good point, I've bag held for several months. You can also buy a put at lower strike price to protect you from a free-fall, but that also eats into your premium gains.
Rice and Fries
wanderer said:

Howdy Partner.

McInnis 03
AG
Pretty strong buying going on right now. Running this thing up for the rest of the day? I'm sure we get one more dip.

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
I just checked my IRA and forgot I had SE in there in the low 70s, one stock I didn't sell. Nice little surprise
krosch11
AG
Abbot squashing COVID headline fears on the rising case counts.
McKinney Ag69
AG
It's amazing looking back at ONTX and how it was at 4,600.00/share in 2014. A lot of us could happily sail off into the sunset if it even hit a fraction of that amount.
First Page Last Page
Page 1766 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.