Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,964,765 Views | 223993 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by BlueTaze
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tramaro1 said:

If anyone is still holding HEAR the stock is up to $15

THANK GOD I didnt sell Friday morning!
topher06
khaos288 said:

Colt98 said:

So you more experienced guys. I was 50% cash yesterday and put 48% of that cash in tsla, amzn,ba spy, atvi calls. How much at that should I take off the table first 30 min today.. this is where I have to get better..
90% of it. You won man. Take the money, and have a day.
And then stop investing 24% of your total portfolio in options. You got lucky, which is awesome, but that is more risk than even most veteran traders would take.
Exsurge Domine
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is bananas just FYI

B-a-n-a-n-a-s
TecRecAg
AG
Whoever called for the 290/310 strangle I owe you dinner. 4 bagger and I'm out!
AgEng06
AG
Someone remind me, please (I need to make better notes).... what was the exit on RVLV?
AggiePeeps06
AG
Sharp sell off on TWLO for some reason
59 South
AG
I'm glad you went with it! Congrats! I didn't play it because I was too busy with other stuff. I did almost pull the trigger on just the call since the premium was way lower. 310C for Friday was under $1.50 around 300. Coulda shoulda woulda...
Colt98
AG
That's just in a trading acct. it's still only 10% of what I have invested in long term stuff that I don't pay attention to daily.
E
AG
My RUBI 7/17 $10c are almost back to even
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Sharp sell off on TWLO for some reason
hmm, not seeing it on etrade yet. i have a stop on quote sale at $198 on it though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
TChaney said:

Only publicly traded manufacturer in the US I can find is Pfizer (PFE)

of course nothing moves pfe...to the positive side, at least
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Individual companies that are neck deep in debt and likely to be bailed out by the Fed. As an example, Ford.

but not PYX, who filed for bankruptcy yesterday. I am really not good at this!
TriumphForks
AG
Reloaded ONTX this morning at $.59
Proposition Joe
Noob question: Is there a way to set both a stop market order as well as a trailing stop %?

Ultimately I want to make sure I sell if it dips to a certain price, but would also like to ride a stock up with the trailing % and capture more profits.

I tried doing this in my TDA account and it said I don't own enough of the stock to do so... so I'm missing something stupid.
59 South
AG
SQ breakout. 100 soon.
cisgenderedAggie
Exsurge Domine said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is bananas just FYI

B-a-n-a-n-a-s

There's money in the banana stand.
Baby Billy
AG
What's up with GLUU?
TBrinks
AG
New to stock trading and really appreciate all of y'alls advice! Curious if y'all think it's too late to get into CX. Seem like with the infrastructure bill would help it take off.
tam2002
AG
ZEST taking off
BenRev09
AG
Only a small position but trying to think of all the impacts on DRIP is putting my mind in pretzel
BrokeAssAggie
tam2002 said:

ZEST taking off

It makes me feel so goooood!
khaos288
AG
TBrinks said:

New to stock trading and really appreciate all of y'alls advice! Curious if y'all think it's too late to get into CX. Seem like with the infrastructure bill would help it take off.
If you think the infra bill makes it, I don't think it's bad to hold for awhile. Every step that infra bill gets closer to being realized, it will jump.
tam2002
AG
Got to think it's a good sign this thing is still climbing and not much selling
GigEmRangers75455
tam2002 said:

ZEST taking off

Honestly I'm surprised. Earnings didn't happen yesterday and I thought we'd fall. This is a pleasant surprise and hopefully shares being accumulated by people in the know.
ClutchCityAg
check out CLIR - just got a huge order for Exxon in Baytown
Betoisafurry
Well I have a confession to make.

I got burned trying to scalp VXX (7/17 45C) yesterday morning at the peak. Got out for a 50% loss this morning, back to break even again. I know I had time and could have held, but I'd rather get some ammunition back. If this was a hedge play I would have let it ride, but I'm out of all short term plays currently.

Some take-away's from this for me. The main one was removal of my stop limit. The trade went against me immediately, and I stupidly held and then doubled down later in the day. I just read this in John Carter's book as a no-no, and it finally bit me in the ass(thanks for the recommendation by the way, great read).

-Stop chasing losers.
-Stop removing stop limits.
-It's OK to take a day(or more) off.

My most successful play has been the "wheel"; writing a put till assignment, and then writing a call above my cost basis. It's boring and there are no 10 baggers, but it has provided consistent results. I was feeling over-confident and cocky, and that led to recklessness.

This is "fun money" for me, but it still stings a bit. Cost of education I suppose.

Thanks for letting me vent, and thanks for all the great conversation on this thread. I rarely post, but leave this thread up and check it religiously.
AgEng06
AG
TSN making a move today.
TecRecAg
AG
Colt98 said:

Let's go tsn!
She's goin...
Mister Cooper
AG
MSFT 6/19 $195 calls up almost 190% today. Sold these last week for a profit and bought again yesterday at market open. Question is, are tech stocks going to continue to grow like they have so far this week?
Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe said:

Noob question: Is there a way to set both a stop market order as well as a trailing stop %?

Ultimately I want to make sure I sell if it dips to a certain price, but would also like to ride a stock up with the trailing % and capture more profits.

I tried doing this in my TDA account and it said I don't own enough of the stock to do so... so I'm missing something stupid.

Thought I figured this out with a bracket order but can only do a bracket order at limit price, not market price :|
khaos288
AG
Remind me to never user stops with options even if they're super high volume.

Just had TDA fill at .5 with a .98 stop, and immediately the option is worth .99 again.
AgEng06
AG
And those RUBI 6/19 7.5P are flirting w/ assignment. Need to stay ITM.

(I think McInnis and maybe gougler are in on these as well.)
Swollen Thumb
AG
I recall OA was looking for a breakout to 20.
GreasenUSA
AG
E said:

My RUBI 7/17 $10c are almost back to even
Holy cow, my July RUBI $12.5C have a bid again. Glad I went net free back when they were TLRA calls.
thirdcoast
AG
Gov Abbott coming on at 1pm to possibly drop news bombs. Texas cities are spiking. My personal view on spread (not danger or mortality) has changed going thru it now myself and hearing about friends and family in past week (Houston).

Definitely not holding over weekend if this rally continues.
First Page Last Page
Page 1763 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.