Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,983,759 Views | 224101 Replies | Last: 26 sec ago by ProgN
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There isn't a house handicapping your trade, and often the more cash chasing a certain strategy increases that strategies' profitability.

The only common algo heavy area I can think of where your characterization is accurate is HFT.

No one with a novel successful trading system shares the inner workings, so you'll never know if something you uncover is already being used.

As to whether or not it's possible: Renaissance Technologies
topher06
Dropping hard now
oldarmy1
AG
Off 80 and blew right past that next gap for now.
Rice and Fries
And we're back above 3000.
oldarmy1
AG
And rejected
tam2002
AG
This sucker is going down today
59 South
AG
If this accelerates and doesn't get back over 3000 quickly today/tomorrow, I'll be targeting ~2767 flash this week. That would set up a potential bounce back to ~3000 (50% back between 2767 and 3233) mirroring the late February sell off.

Not saying this is going to happen (or God forbid sell your retirement investments), but we've seen this action before.

2767 was massive support that we spring boarded off of on May 14. Just a long meltup month ago.
12thMan86
AG
Glad I bought some short positions last Thursday. SPY PUTS, SPXS, TZA (3x Small Cap Short). We shall see!
PA24
AG
Vxx

Might be a mover in the positive direction
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TWLO says "your index movement can't hold me."
BrokeAssAggie
Shundere
OA, quick question. A couple of weeks ago when we were looking at SPY to reach 313, once it did I got out of some open positions that Friday and bought a July 290 Put. What would the hold strategy be with that? Only bought one so don't have the luxury of selling half, but just curious.
McInnis 03
AG
AUDJPY is coming down a bit today, basically trying to negate any gains it made on Friday.

Reminder, as AUDJPY decreases this can be an indicator of large money taking off risk and can signal a general lowering of the market.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
texagbeliever
Shundere said:

OA, quick question. A couple of weeks ago when we were looking at SPY to reach 313, once it did I got out of some open positions that Friday and bought a July 290 Put. What would the hold strategy be with that? Only bought one so don't have the luxury of selling half, but just curious.
What is your current exposure in the market?
Shundere
Not much. ONTX, Tyson calls and the put. Just an account I use for this forum honestly.
McKinney Ag69
AG
I'm going to be pounding ONTX if we get a significant drop at the open
McInnis 03
AG
I did not play the gap-fill on Friday despite my stats saying it was a "GO" play. It was a good play, I should have taken it.

Today's stats indicate the same, I'm going to try it out again and likely go for a 50% gap fill just due to my confidence not being where it needs to be yet. (Monday's are also the lowest percentage on gap fill plays, followed by OPEX Friday's, and the 1st day of the calendar month).
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Man I need to work on my Python game.
Andy07
AG
Anyone else having issues with Schwab this morning? Their platform keeps disconnecting, so it's unusable for me
McInnis 03
AG
Looks like TOS is frozen for me.

B&I Key:
Shundere
It is working for me. On my desktop
Grown Pear
AG
Challenger 17 said:

How are you entering (more) into this? Load up now that it's Sub-.59-.60? Wait to drop more to XX?
Ernest Tucker
AG
TOS frozen for me as well.
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Looks like TOS is frozen for me.
same
McKinney Ag69
AG
Grown Pear said:

Challenger 17 said:

How are you entering (more) into this? Load up now that it's Sub-.59-.60? Wait to drop more to XX?
Accumulate more as close to .50 as possible. Then wait to see if it goes below .50.

Not that this matters in the grand scheme of things, but ONTX was valued at $4,032/share once upon a time. It's laughable how the market works.
KT 90
AG
Andy07 said:

Anyone else having issues with Schwab this morning? Their platform keeps disconnecting, so it's unusable for me

No. Desktop version seems to be fine.... so far at least.

Grown Pear
Cartographer
Slow data and not tracking well on prices can't get entries.
Ragoo
AG
Trade.thinkorswim.com is working

Mobile platform in a web browser without needing to download.
MOCO9
AG
Challenger 17 said:

I am thinking of getting in on this too. Is there a specific reason everyone is high on it?
ClutchCityAg
OA told us to be
Andy07
AG
KT 90 said:

Andy07 said:

No. Desktop version seems to be fine.... so far at least.

Thanks, rebooted and seems to be working now
Mr President Elect
AG
OA, any chance you can do the "NOW" thing with the selling of the SPY puts and calls. I have been really screwing that up the last couple of days. If not, I can post when I am selling what, and the board can do the opposite for max profits.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Thinking about adding to my Spy puts on highs today. Just curious on how far out of money people are buying and how far out on dates.
gougler08
AG
MOCO9 said:

Challenger 17 said:

I am thinking of getting in on this too. Is there a specific reason everyone is high on it?
They stopped the previously announced reverse split, so most think something positive is coming soon. Had also been starting an upward trending channel over past couple weeks
First Page Last Page
Page 1755 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.