Business & Investing
Sponsored by

NFLX

9,032 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pman17
Confucius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Popped again on earnings. Up 20% in AH. Cheers to anyone else who took a position.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yessir!

Sold a good amount of my position on the way up but still holding a decent amount from $81 and change.

Just hit $208
Aggie09Derek
AG
now $218+

Beat top and bottom line and positive guidance. House of Cards proved to be a good investment. Barely had any gaming of the free month subscription and then canceling. Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus haven't taken market share like some had feared.
claym711
AG
Holy sheet that thing is overvalued. I did love House of Cards though.
IslandAg76
AG
You never go broke taking a profit.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
What's crazy is a 225 open and 250 weekly finish is quite possible. Overvalued yes but Icahn buying tons at 190 tells me she's got room to run
jm94
AG
The last time this happened I bought puts and sold them waaaaay too early. Hoping I can show more discipline this time.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Bump - 52 week highs - $254+
FrontPorchAg
I feel like we have seen this thing before in a stock named netflix. JMO, I would take the money and run. The streaming market is getting more crowded everyday and it is only a matter of time before Apple starts to leverage their position.
AggieStan
Loaded up at $85. Very pleased!! 2nd qtr results come out in week. Will blow up again. Yes
El Chupacabra
Beats earnings estimates by .09/share, but subscriber estimates fell short. Down $15/share after hours.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Bump - now 390.

Averaged in from $81. Just wish I had been able to hold my entire position this whole time.
ClickClack
AG
Almost bought puts before the bell. Glad I didn't.
Pignorant
AG
NFLX now red for the day.
El Chupacabra
Yikes. This is like goog in the opposite direction.
PJG20
I got to the place order screen on a put option this morning after the open. Figured I'd take a look again tomorrow. Would've been the quickest 50% return I'd ever made.
ClickClack
AG
Made 75% in about 45 minutes today on a put. A rare victory.
ClickClack
AG
Oh, and Icahn sold half his position in NFLX - announced after the bell. Should be interesting again tomorrow.
arson keg
Aggie09Derek
AG
quote:
Investor Carl Icahn said Tuesday that his Icahn Enterprises (IEP) and its affiliates have sold nearly 3 million shares of Netflix Inc. (NFLX). The sale reduces Icahn's holdings in Netflix from about 9.4% of the company's outstanding shares to approximately 4.5%, or 2.7 million shares. In a statement, Icahn said the decision to sell the Netflix shares was made "in view of the 457% increase in the price of those shares since the original investment at approximately $58 per share." Netflix shares ended the day down more than 9% at $322.52 after earlier rising more than 9% following a strong quarterly earnings report late Monday.
Phil Rirruto
Up big AH. will it see 4 hundo??
El Chupacabra
Way OTM puts I'm the morning?

http://t.co/26XudefDVC
Dan Scott
AG
I'm in the 400 Calls. Break it baby!
SwaggerCopter
AG
Byahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Netflix is awesome.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Bump - up 7% ($372) in after hours due to Q1 earnings being released. Still a good ways from where it was just a few months ago ($458).

I bought an additional 20 shares to go on my holdings at $314 last week and sold today for $370.25.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Bump - pissed I sold shares recently at $445 - Just popped after hours to ~$535. Thankfully still holding some but not much.

If only I would have kept my original few hundred shares I bought 3 years ago sub $90....hindsight is 20/20 though.
El Chupacabra
Holy !!!!!
PeekingDuck
AG
I thought I was being pretty stupid putting a good chunk in this a couple weeks ago, but up 27% now.
dreyOO
wish i had bought more. glad i have what i have though.
Beerosch
AG
Glad I bought in about a month ago
Aggie09Derek
AG
One last bump, funny to read the comments. split 7/1 since the original thread.
62strat
AG
I finally bought some nflx back in august in mid $90s. Only 60 shares though.. wish I got more.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Up 9% after hours on Q2 earnings. Up to $175+
Ranger222
AG
This stock is a monster
Ragoo
AG
still holding 85 shares, wish i was holding the other 600 i had bought last June.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.