Any Ags in Kingsport, Tennessee?

2,240 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCag09
deadhead aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
considering a job offer and don't have much insight into Kingsport and the surrounding cities….hoping that I can pick your brain on a few very basic questions about the area…..

many thanks !!
NColoradoAG
The previous company I worked for had a plant in Abingdon and I spent a fair amount of time in the area. Can't speak too much to the region personally but we had great employees there with low turnover. All the people seemed down to earth and friendly.

I always loved the scenery there and the weather wasn't horrid. Good mix of seasons.

I enjoyed downtown Bristol as well. They do a really cool Christmas drive through at the speedway that ends inside on the track.
JCag09
I live in Kingsport and love it. What kind of questions do you have?
deadhead aggie
AG
^
thanks for the response.........

is the housing market going through an incredible boom right now? i was there this past weekend and we had 25 houses picked-out to look at........within 48 hours, 20 of them had offers on them......and from what i gather, sellers are getting above asking prices due to bidding wars.....sounds like an influx of out-of-staters are having an impact on the market.........

what is crime like in Kingsport proper? doing some Google research, i get mixed messages.....we talked to a few locals over the weekend and it didn't sound as though crime was a concern at all......

any recommendations for a neighborhood for 2 empty nesters that want a small (<2,000 sq ft) home but in a desirable area? we looked on the outskirts of town (i.e., Church Hill, Colonial Heights, Gray), but i think we want to be in town......budget is about $325K....the key factor for us is a decent neighborhood with decent neighbors....we liked the area around the Holston Valley Medical Center.......

many thanks !!!

JCag09
The housing market here is definitely crazy. Lots of out of towners specifically California, New York, New Jersey, etc moving here. When it come to crime, just like any other city there are good and bad areas. The worst section of town is Lynn Garden. As long as you stay from that place you will be fine.
It sounds like you have been looking in the right areas for good places for a home. A good area to look at is Ridgefields if you haven't yet. If you want more info just let me know your email and hopefully I can answer some more questions. Gig em
deadhead aggie
AG
^

good info and much appreciated.......if things move forward with the job acceptance, i may hit you up again....

many thanks !!!
deadhead aggie
AG
^
^

looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods on July 15th......my start date is July 18th.....hate to leave my beloved Lone Star State behind, but I'm definitely looking forward to cool weather, seasons, and non-flat terrain....

time to start a Kingsport Tennessee Aggie club !!!
12Power
What industry are you in? What industry is booming there?
JCag09
Have y'all found a place yet? Also the industries that are booming here are hospitality, medical, and technical jobs.
JCag09
I've actually been wanting to start a Tri -cities A&M club. The closest is Knoxville I believe
deadhead aggie
AG
JCag09 said:

Have y'all found a place yet? Also the industries that are booming here are hospitality, medical, and technical jobs.
not planning on seriously looking at houses until the wife arrives in August…..still debating between Kingsport proper and acreage in the boonies…we'll see…...

a Tri-Cities A&M Club could be a good thing….may need to coordinate some pre-planning coordination meetings soon….
JCag09
Congrats and welcome to East TN!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.