Living in NYC/Buroughs

2,279 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by H2OPoloAg02
j_sizzle24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking of moving out to NYC for work - I've done some research into living, but does anyone live in actual NYC? What are realistic pricing for apartments/housing? I know it's going to be more expensive than Dallas, but just how much? And how was the adjustment period for that?
aggie0607
AG
Really depends on what borough and what amenities are important to you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I live in Nomad in Manhattan.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Be prepared to break the bank if you choose to live in Manhattan without roommates. I lived in the UES in Manhattan for a few years last decade and I enjoyed it. At the time, you could find a studio for $2K/month.

I shared my 4br/1ba place and with how we split the rent, no one was paying more than $1200/month.
H2OPoloAg02
Do it.

NYC has whatever you want, as long as you are aware of the trade offs. 15 years ago, I sold my house and car in Dallas and drove a UHaul to NYC. I crashed on a friends couch in UES until I found a roommate (randomly from Austin) on Craigslist for $900/mo in Hell's Kitchen.

My plan was to spend a year or 2 up here. Instead, I have built a career and life complete with a job I never could have got staying in TX, Meeting my amazing wife/true soulmate, and having 2 crazy kids going to NYC public schools. We're still here in Manhattan - Now on UWS after spending a few years in Chelsea and the Village. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Best decision I ever made.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.