Job Opportunities that allow weekly travel but not relocate

2,363 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
B$Weigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know a few people who live in Houston permanently, but travel for work weekly/ bi-weekly across the nation. I am open to and seeking any positions that would allow me to do so. If you know of any contacts or opportunities, I would greatly appreciate any help y'all may offer.

Please only sincere replies. I am simply intrigued by these opportunities and would love to hear more about them/ if they are worth the while to pursue.

TIA!
a.froman
AG
Go post this on the job board. Will get much better replies
ryanhnc10
AG
Consulting. Pm me if you want more details
Sooner Born
Yep. That's basically consulting.
AgsinGA
AG
I held two permanent positions based out of town and flew back to Atlanta weekly. There are a number of people who do this, more than you would think, We had a group of 6 who flew weekly with different companies. It was so close we would let people know we were taking time off or traveling as the others would get concerned.
lp01
AG
Certain sales jobs can get you there. I'm on my 2nd stint with my current company. I will have traveled to seven states in 3 weeks. Not for everybody, but can be fun. If you have a family, input from them is key. We have to sit down weekly and have a planning meeting to make sure I can be at family events (kids programs/games) and work events.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Computer Systems - Professional Services

If you work for a start-up, you'll probably get to travel more and to more varied places because they need customers and revenue.

If you work for an established company, you'll get to travel the most if you're an absolute subject matter expert in your product.

In any case, you will get to travel for work but it will be where the work is, not necessarily where you want to go.

For every Coral Gables, FL, there's a Terre Haute, IN.
For every Santa Cruz, CA there's a Rochester, NY.

I did it for about 4 years from 2000-2003 and really enjoyed getting to see a lot of the USA.
I've been doing it for the past year based out of Sydney, Australia and have really enjoyed the opportunity to see a lot of Asia and even an odd trip to Europe thrown in there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.