Lincoln, NE

1,043 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JHUAggie
Ag Eng 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I are relocating to Lincoln this summer. My wife and I spent a few days there a couple of weeks ago, so we have a decent feel for the city. We'll be living in the country club area near Southeast High School. We saw a lot of the Haymarket, some of the Old Cheney shopping areas, and the UNL.

What should we pay attention to and not miss?
Best outdoor areas? Trail running, road cycling, kayaking/paddle boarding

Anything else?
JHUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lincoln is where I grew up before heading to A&M. I go back yearly to visit my parents who remain there.

The Country Club area is a nice, older neighborhood. You'll like it. If you have kids may want to look at other schools as Lincoln Southeast is no where near the same Lincoln Southeast I went to before the built additional high schools.

There are a lot of biking trails throughout the city and outside the city. Find a map to see all the places you can go.

There's plenty of small lakes nearby...branched oak, bluestem...plus plenty of lakes in northern Kansas that have great panfishing. Holmes lake in the Southeastern part of the city may be of interest as well.

There's the Haymarket and downtown bar scene with the U of Nebraska just north of downtown. If you like coffee The Mill has plenty of locations...i like the Haymarket and Prescott Ave. Ones the best.

It's definitely a growing city. Every time I go back "home" im amazed at what else is new.

If you have specific questions let me know. I'm happy to help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.