Job Opportunities in Orange County, CA?

1,311 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MaroonTxAg03
MaroonTxAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags! My family moved to San Clemente, California last year from the Austin area for my work. We've decided that it'd be best for my wife to get herself back in to the work force so she's job hunting. She's been a teacher her whole career (elementary education, middle school math/science, and most recently special education). We heard that California needs teachers badly last year, but strangely enough there have been next to no jobs posted for the upcoming school year. At this point the only certification she's had approved in California is for elementary education.

So having said that we're thinking outside the box for any other opportunities that may be out there in other industries. She's up for just about anything other than outside sales or positions that would require frequent overnight travel. Education has been her profession since graduating in 2003, but she's a quick study and definitely the brains of the family. Extremely well organized, task oriented, and as you can imagine pretty darn patient given her typical day at work in the past.

Due to the commuting situation in SoCal we're hoping she can find a spot in Orange County or even Oceanside just south of here. If anyone knows of career opportunities out there any sort of lead is much appreciated! Thank you!

*Cross posting in Job Network as well*
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'm just going to throw this out there. There might not be many jobs in Irvine, etc. But... I'll bet that if you come out from behind the Orange Curtain, there will be jobs available. LBC, Norwalk, etc.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
I'm sure there is merit tethers, but that commute would be too long for her. We've got a 4 year old that'll need to be in a daycare somewhere and a 7 year old that she'll have to drop off/pick up at school as well.
beachfront71
AG
how much is she looking to make?
MaroonTxAg03
AG
On an annual basis probably $40K would be the minimum that would make sense.

With her teaching experience she'd be in the $55K-$65K range if she were able to land a full time teaching position.

Just hoping to be able to cover childcare expenses for our son and have money left over for expenses and saving up for a down payment on a home.

Know of any opportunities? Thanks for reaching out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.