Any Ags in Dickinson, ND?

1,829 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by histag10
CHEN Ag 2019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just arrived in the area for the summer. First time living on my own outside of Texas. Would be great to catch up with some other Texans/Ags and figure out what to do here.
histag10
AG
My husband and I live close to Dickinson. What did you want to know? What are you doing in the area? Work? Have you graduated college?
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
I just finished my sophomore year. I'm up here for work. Just looking for local hangouts, places to see, some restaurants and stuff like that.
histag10
AG
So not 21 yet?

Dickinson has a college, so there are some younger people in the area. Not a huge selection for restaurants unfortunately. But I would recommend El Paricutin for Mexican, JDs for BBQ, Sanfords is really good, Wurst Shop is good german/polish. Then there is BWW, Applebees, and Perkins.

There is a Starbucks kiosk in the FamilyFare supermarket out by Menards.

Medora is fun in the summer (40ish minute drive west). Its basically in TRNP. If you are 21, there is a decent brewery about an hour west in Wibaux.

There is a lake and park in Dickinson. Lake Sakakawea is an hour or 2 north. Good fishing. Rapid City is a few hours South if you are into hiking and the likes. We have a state park here in Glenside with decent hiking and a great frisbee golf course. Medora has a great regular golf course. I think ND is having their first country music fest this summer. Look into that. Lots of the small towns have a ton going on in the summers. Look for those.

We are in Glendive (90 miles west on i94). If you need anything, let us know. My email is histag2010@gmail.com

I can give you better contact info off of there.

Also, who are you working for?
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
Thank you very much.

I'm interning with Hess this summer. I'll turn 21 about halfway through the internship.

First time living outside of Texas by myself, but so far getting a great first impression.

It takes getting getting used to a town this small, but I think I like it.
histag10
AG
You consider it a small town, but people up here consider it a city.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
histag10 said:

You consider it a small town, but people up here consider it a city.
ouch. To be fair, more people living in my home town than the entire state of ND
histag10
AG
So wait, are you in Belfield or Dickinson?
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
I'm living in Dickinson but working out in Killdeer
histag10
AG
I would recommend staying away from the bars in killdeer. Nothing good ever happens there.

If you ever need a home cooked meal or just some Ags to talk to, let us know. We may be married and have a kid, but we aren't too terribly much older than you.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
Much appreciated. I'll be in touch if I ever need anything
histag10
AG
oh, one last suggestion:

Men's Den for haircuts. Once you turn 21, its free beer while you wait (draught). My husband said if you enjoy fishing, ya'll can meet up sometime. And I think there are some Ags in Williston as well.
histag10
AG
How was your summer in ND?
Punked Shank
AG
These type of threads are why I like texags and the aggie network
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just getting into this thread and I regret it. My family and I have been in Williston the last two years. Left this week due to relocation to East Texas.

Dickinson is a nice little town, not much to do in Dickinson proper but as Histag pointed out Medora is close by as is Bismarck and Rapid City.

Hope you had fun and learned a lot during your internship.
histag10
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Just getting into this thread and I regret it. My family and I have been in Williston the last two years. Left this week due to relocation to East Texas.

Dickinson is a nice little town, not much to do in Dickinson proper but as Histag pointed out Medora is close by as is Bismarck and Rapid City.

Hope you had fun and learned a lot during your internship.

Where in East Texas did you relocate to? Looks like we will be relocating back South in the very near future as well, likely bcs/Caldwell area.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I am working in Kilgore. We bought a house in Longview about 10 years ago and lived in it for a few years. We have had renters in it for about 7 years so we are moving back into our house. It all happened very quick. I got my offer letter last Thursday, flew down on Sunday and started Monday. It is with the same company I was with in Williston.

This area isn't home, per se, but it is closer to home. I guess maybe it is home now.

We would have loved B/CS again but it just wasn't in the cards. Good luck getting back there.
histag10
AG
Thanks! Definitely excited to get closer to home. Ours will likely happen quickly as well. Nothing firm from companies yet, but looking like we should be back in Texas within a month. If not bcs area (which is looking extremely promising), we would likely end up around Pleasanton, with Midland being our last choice. Looking at jobs with different companies, as well as transfers, so we shall see.

Congrats on getting back! We are dreading selling our house in this market up here, but we are basically just done with it all up all here lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.