Longmont, CO?

1,278 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently live in Billings, Montana and have the opportunity to interview for a job in Longmont. It would be a 10-20% pay increase but I understand the cost of living is quite a bit higher than here. I'm concerned that I could be worse off than here because of that. Anyone familiar with the area? I like to do outdoor stuff like hunting and fishing and also drive for Uber on the side. I pay $915 for a 2 bedroom apartment with detached garage but I know it would be more there. Thanks.
TommyGun
AG
My company offered about 27% in cost of living allowance to go from SW Wyoming to Denver. Denver would be a little higher than Longmont so I'd 18-20% is getting in the ballpark.
The Lost
Apartment will definitely be more expensive, lots of outdoor stuff near by, and you could easily drive for uber/Lyft in Boulder which isn't far away. I'd do your research on housing, you'll definitely have plenty to explore with it being right next to the foothills.
histag10
AG
You're possibly leaving?? NOO!

Just kidding, we will miss hanging out, but it sounds like a pretty good opportunity.

Also keep in mind the cost of travel in Billings. It's hella expensive to get back to see family in Texas, where you have pretty easy access to DIA in Longmont

Best of luck!
mpl35
AG
I'm north of Longmont in Fort Collins. You wouldn't have to live in Longmont. Check the surrounding towns too. Lots of small towns within an easy commute. I'm not a city person so I'd live toward Lyons. Easy drive to do Uber in Boulder.

Tons of great stuff to do. I25 sucks. But great mountains close and lots of fishing.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Anywhere from Longmont up to Fort Collins should be reasonably priced but, prices have definitely been going up in Colorado so, it might be tough to find something in your budget if you're already Uber-ing on the side.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.