Moving to chicago

1,403 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by shihitemuslim
MichaelJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Accepted a job in Chicago on Friday. Moving from Houston once all the tests and paperwork goes through. Office is in the city on the river.

And Recs for where my wife and I should live?
Theee a good Aggie presence in chi-town?
DallasAggies01
AG
There are a lot of great areas to live. My wife and I live in Bucktown which is about 2.5 miles from downtown. It's one of the more popular areas of chicago right now. Wicker Park is right next to bucktown. There's also Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lakeview and River North to consider.

I would suggest working with a realtor up here to get an idea of what's available and the neighborhoods.

Yes there's a good group of Ags here. During football season watching parties are at The Pony Inn in Lakeview.
MichaelJ
AG
MichaelJ
AG
Thanks Dallas

Any realtor Recs? My wife is going up to look in a couple of weeks while I finish out with my current company.
shihitemuslim
AG
I would live in Lincoln Park or Lakeview. That is a very livable area. I lived in Streeterville for 5 years before moving to Lincoln Park. I like the area by Halstead and Webster or Halstead and Armitage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.