NYC - Luggage During Mets Game

1,190 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Schall 02
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No idea if this is a good place to post this, but I figure it is worth a shot. My situation is that I am flying into NYC for work on Tuesday the 25th. Our meetings are in White Plains, so we will be staying ~30 miles north of the airport. The Mets play at 7:10 that night, so I am trying to figure out how to work that game into the schedule and then get up to White Plains after the game for meetings the next day. The big hold up that I am running into is what I can do with my luggage during the game. I doubt that the stadium has anywhere to lock it up, and I really don't want to leave anything of any value at La Guardia even if they have somewhere to lock it up. Any recommendations on how I might be able to take care of the situation?
Matsui
AG
Maybe the stadium has some lockers to store items? I'd try calling the stadium. You may be able to bring it in and if you seating in a non crowded area it might be no big deal. I'd post this in travel forum.
ToddyHill
AG
I strongly suspect there are no public lockers at Citi Field. There haven't been lockers at LaGuardia since 1975...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_LaGuardia_Airport_bombing

My suggestion: call Citi Field...I'm sure they have accommodations for this given their proximity to LGA. Also, they have quite a few field clubs where they may able to help you.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/citi_field_clubs.jsp
ptothemo
AG
Thank you both. I did post over it in the travel forum also and got the suggestion to just check the bags at a nearby hotel during the game. Sounds like I may need to pay a nominal fee, but that is no big deal. I am going to find some nearby hotels today and give them a call. I had never thought of doing that, but I am going to give it a shot. Thanks again for the replies.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Also worth calling the Amtrak station. I've checked bags at the one in Philly
Schall 02
AG
Let us know what you do. I could arrange some travel to make this very situation pertinent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.