Jobs on Capitol Hill in D.C.?

997 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lawyer here, been practicing for about 9 years (tax). Was interested if anyone has any contacts on Capitol Hill or similar? I'm looking for opportunities to work on The Hill, specifically in a position that is policy- related, but also opens other doors. In short, I'm not really looking for a law firm job. I'm looking for an opportunity to use my legal background to work in policy. I interned for a Congressman (from Dallas) back when I was a student at A&M through the Public Policy Internship Program. That Congressman is still in office, and I'm working on my contacts through that avenue as well as similar related connections. I just thought I'd reach out here as well and see if any other Ags out there might be able to help. I'm in the Houston area, and doing well in my own private practice. However, I've really felt called to make a change and serve my country, and this is the way in which I'd like to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I cross-posted this in the Job Network forum.
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Heritage Foundation has a jobs service - presuming you have the usual Aggie politics.

Otherwise all I've heard of, aside from personal contacts, is the plum book.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.