Colorado Springs Things to Do

1,694 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MAS444
Hammerbrau
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright Springs Army, my brother is up from TX for the weekend, and we're going to Garden of the Gods. Their kids (8, 3, and baby) are going to get bored within an hour. Need other ideas for when we're down that way. Preferably on the cheap.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I'd definitely go to the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo.

Red rocks open space is a very family friendly hiking area.

I believe downtown there is a Christmas tree and ice skating rink we plan to check out this winter

I'm new to the area and plan to check this place out this winter as well. Maybe someone else can speak up to it being worth the admission.
http://northpolecolorado.com/explore-the-park/

efog
AG
I was up there the other week apartment hunting and scoping out the area.

Check out Manitou Springs, just outside the Springs. It has a fun little downtown area with lots of local restaurants, shops, etc. I ate at their brewery which had excellent food. I always recommend brewery food. Generally good value for the money. There are a lot around the Springs.

I second the Zoo. Supposed to be excellent and who doesn't like a good zoo.

I've never been to a Santa's Workshop, but they have in the Springs just like in College Station.
histag10
AG
only a month late.
MAS444
AG
Bumping this.... Recs of things to do in late summer/fall with 2 toddlers (2 1/2 years old)?
ColoradoSkiGirl
Welcome to the Springs! I've been here for the past 10 years and absolutely love it.
10andBOUNCE
AG
We have a 2 1/2 yr old and live in CS. Wife has a zoo pass for them and that is a must for visitors. Garden of the Gods is an easy family activity for as long as you want to be there. Also recommend looking into some of the trains that operate. We did one in Cripple Creek last fall and the boy still talks about his "train party." We plan to check out a few of the others in the area like Pikes Peak Cog Railway. We recently did Cave of the Winds with some friends in town last weekend and it is neat - probably a one and done type of thing. Obviously plenty of hiking trails that are family friendly - Red Rocks Open Space is probably my go to in the greater area or Ute Valley / Cheyenne Mountain State Park.
Jock 07
AG
kids would probably enjoy the penny arcade in Manitou. Incline is a good option if the adults want a good workout. As stated, Zoo is awesome, especially with it being up on the side of the mountain. The Broadmoor is cool to check out and walk around, good Sunday brunch. Just moved from the springs last summer and already miss it and Colorado.
MAS444
AG
Thanks guys...great info.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.