Any Ags in Atlanta?

3,548 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pilot
Tex_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's looking like work will be bringing me to Atlanta for a bit. I tried to google the TAMU Atlanta club but no dice. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
AtlAg05
AG
Here's the link, Hudson Grille

https://www.aggienetwork.com/game-watching-party/2354/atlanta-texas-aandm-game-watching-party/
Tex_Ag11
AG
Thanks AtlAg. I was looking to see if there is a website for the club though. I can't find a Facebook page and on the association page there is no information. Is it a small group?
Tex_Ag11
AG
Bump
Hullabaloo Bone 10
AG
Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/70314464831/
Ringo88
AG
It's based in Tucker. I've lived out here off and on since '93, solid since 2000. I'm amazed this group isnt larger or more centrally located in town. Though that really shouldn't matter unless you own a helicopter; traffic here is miserable.
Marty Byrde
Looking at potentially relocating to Atlanta (working in Sandy Springs). Any ags in Atlanta? How do you like it?
Kool
AG
Marty Byrde said:

Looking at potentially relocating to Atlanta (working in Sandy Springs). Any ags in Atlanta? How do you like it?
Just happened onto this. Been here for 20 years. I find Atlanta to be a lot like Dallas in terms of demographics, attitudes, etc. It is definitely prettier here, though, and it is situated at the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. If you like beaches, we are about 5 1/2 hours from Destin and 30A, about the same from Charleston and Myrtle Beach (muddier water, browner sand than the emerald and whites of 30A). And you get lots of direct flights here with Hartsfield. Atlanta has worse traffic than Dallas and Houston. You really need to think about where you live here based on work and other commute issues. Good luck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marty Byrde
Kool
AG
That would be somewhat of a reverse commute. But the 400/285 interchange is going to soon start construction which will last years. Think 45/610 in Houston if I remember my numbers correctly. Midtown can be a little sketchy in spots. And very gay. So there's that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GeorgiAg
AG
I grew up in the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area, from age 10 to TAMU, then to back to UGA for law school and have lived in ATL ever since. Currently live in Midtown (downtown area). I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

My mother still lives in Dunwoody.

Check out East Atlanta/Ormewood Park area. Out I-20 East. Where all the kids are moving these days.
Kool
AG
My office manager, who lives in Midtown, just had her car broken into for the fourth time since March. Gated entry condo. A major homeless shelter just closed down and now it's a free for all.

Update 12/17. Fifth and final time. Moving truck arrives first week of January.
AggieSherman09
AG
Been living in Dunwoody for about 6-7 months now and seems like a good area to be in. Easy to get to Sandy Springs from here and a little bit further from traffic (traffic is bad here but I would say Houston is worse). Watching parties have been in Sandy Springs as well!
AtlAg05
AG
You can't leave anything of value visible in your cars, which isn't really an Atlanta problem, just a large city one.

Lived in East Atlanta for a few years, specifically Kirkwood, we had a few car break-ins for after market stereos. Even living outside the perimeter there have been a rash of car break-ins because people leave items in plain sight in their cars.
kray
AG
Any recommendations for a GP or (eye roll emoji ) urologist? Prefer South (PTC) but if you know a good one...anywhere.. new to the area...thanks so much!
pilot
AG
I just moved here 2 months ago (south fayette county near Starr's Mill). I found a urologist at Georgia Urology. Duralde. I've only been once but he was nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.