Relocating to Oklahoma City

1,844 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cool.
Tex_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I may be relocating to OKC in June and want to see if anyone can give me some advice. I am a young single male who wants to be in a younger part of town. I will be covering the state of Oklahoma and SW Missouri. So there is a lot of travel involved. I am just looking for advice on where to live in OKC or surrounding areas.

Thank you in advance.
proudaggie02
AG
Bricktown may be what you're looking for. "Pahdz" lives in OKC, and I'd look for him to weigh in.

Where will you be moving from? OKC is an okay city.
Tex_Ag11
AG
I will be moving from Dallas.
BQ2001
AG
Bricktown area would be good for young single people. The area around NW23rd and Western(ish) (Paseo District)has a young, artsy crowd.

I live in Edmond which is more older (that is hard to say) married people, but feel free to shoot me an email at my username at gmail.

Also, we have an active A&M club with happy hours every month (4th Thursday usually). I can also get you added to the listserv so you get the emails for events as well if you are interested.
Pahdz
It's worlds better than what my wife and I expected when we moved from Grapevine 4.5 years ago.

They are building a ton of housing (both for purchase and rent) in an area called Deep Deuce, which is just on the other side of the tracks north of Bricktown. If you want to be in an area with a younger crowd, that's where you want to be. Downtown is a really booming area.

Will you be working from the house or will you have an office in town?

[This message has been edited by Pahdz (edited 5/3/2013 6:06p).]
Tex_Ag11
AG
Pahdz, I will be officed out of my apartment, but traveling 90% of the time. I have been to OKc twice and knew to look for a place around bricktown but wanted to clarify with some people before I made the leap. I will know by Tuesday if I will be moving or not.
Pahdz
Feel free to email me about anything, I'm glad to help

[This message has been edited by pahdz (edited 5/4/2013 12:21a).]
Tex_Ag11
AG
Got it! Thanks again.
linwvr
Just wanted to second what everyone else has said and just to throw it out there...OKC isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I was not a happy camper to be leaving TX but its not a bad place to live at all.
Tex_Ag11
AG
I got the news today that I will be starting on June 1st. Keep the tips coming. Thanks again.
BQ2001
AG
If you are going to be in town, we are having our monthly happy hour on 5/30 at 51st Speakeasy. We are normally there 5pm-7/8ish and sometimes people head out after that. I usually get there about 4:30 since I get off work at 4

http://51stspeakeasy.com
1114 NW 51st St Oklahoma City, OK 73118

[This message has been edited by BQ2001 (edited 5/10/2013 9:50a).]
Cool.
AG
Guys, I am the OKC club president. In case you missed this, Clemson game watch party details are below:

Saturday, September 8th
5:30pm pre-party / 6:00pm kickoff

Eddie's Bar & Grill
930 E 2nd St., Edmond, OK 73034
www.edmondeddies.com

Notably, Eddie's will reserve the lower lounge area for us, which has big screens (with audio) to televise our game. In addition, Eddie's will reserve an upper lounge area for the kids to hang out. The event will not be catered; rather, you can order food & drinks off the menu.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.