Need help with multi city booking

829 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JMac03
tmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to take the family to Europe for Thanksgiving. Thinking IAH-CDG, chunnel to London, and then LHR-IAH.

What is the best way to book the airfare? 2 one-ways is showing to be expensive. Is there a website that will allow me to book the open ended ticket?

TIA
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Download the Tripmasters app
Used several times and it's a really good resource for multi city trips.
TXTransplant
All the major airlines should let you book that ticket, but it will be all on the same airline/codeshare.

I recommending using Google Flights to search itineraries and fares. I recently had an experience with booking a multi-city ticket where Google Flights offered me better itinerary at better prices than what the airline websites offered. When you go to purchase, Google Flights will take you to the airline website.

If you want to search the airline websites directly, you have to do an advanced or multiple search. The exact wording varies from airline to airline and website to app.

For example, if you want to price United, on the app go to Book Flight. At the top of the screen will be four rectangles that say One-Way, Roundtrip, Multiple, and Recent. If you select Multiple you can do the multi-city itinerary.

If you're on United.com, you have to scroll down and select Advanced Search. It's a little hard to see/find on mobile. If you're on a computer, it's at the bottom of the white booking box.

HollywoodBQ
AG
In the post scamdemic world, I've been trying to avoid connections as much as possible but when it's unavoidable, I've at least tried to control where the connecting airport is, example, from ATL-BUR, I'd rather connect in DEN over ORD.

I've found that if you're booking a round trip, sometimes you won't get as much flexibility with connections on United Airlines so it might benefit you to book two one-way trips versus a single RT.

You could book IAH-CDG and back from LHR-IAH as a Multi-City "open jaw" trip, or you could book it as two one way trips.

You'll have to make the choice based on price, flight times, layovers, aircraft type and connecting airports.

I booked my trip to Puerto Rico as two one ways so that I could get an overnight flight on a Boeing 777 (LAX-EWR) and my connection on the way home via IAH.

You've really got to check the details on the aircraft and the layovers these days.

United is bringing the 777 back which is much better for anything over 3+ hours. And I'll take a 787 if that's available.
tmas
AG
Thanks all!!

I'll let you know what I find.
JMac03
AG
One you can do it via google. This will at least tell you what vendor you can book with. Almost all the airlines have "multi-city" options.

Two, if you send me your dates I'll see what rates I can find for you and if I can get any type of discount (although those have been far and few this year)
tmas
AG
JMac03 said:

One you can do it via google. This will at least tell you what vendor you can book with. Almost all the airlines have "multi-city" options.

Two, if you send me your dates I'll see what rates I can find for you and if I can get any type of discount (although those have been far and few this year)

What's your email?

My issue in searching so far is for nonstop it's Air France (SkyTeam) going and United (Star Alliance) coming back
JMac03
AG
Most likely you won't get nonstop on the same airlines unfortunately. My email is in my profile.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.