Croatia

1,313 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Creative
rebelag62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Considering going to Croatia for 2 weeks this summer. Best things to see/do?
Potcake
AG
We did a week on a catamaran out of Split and enjoyed several islands. It was our first trip to Europe and I was amazed at how old some of the buildings we saw were. Paddleboarding in a WW II submarine pen was fun. We loved that trip.
Travelag08
Hvar is a MUST! Could be a day trip from Split.
Walk the walls in Dubrovnik - great views.
If time, Plitvice National Park.
OilManAg91
AG
Do a search from the past yr or two. I posted several detail trip details and a few others have as well. Some great info on those threads.
90 bull
AG
Plitvice is a must do, but they have an online ticketing system now so book in advance. I may be in the minority, but I didn't love Dubrovnik. I would suggest Split and touring the islands. Hvar (Stari Grad is much more laid back than Hvar town), Korkula is supposed to be great, and has the walls like Dubrovnik without the lines, but I have yet to visit there. I loved Zadar also
fire09
AG
Rent a boat out of Hvar and tour the islands. Dubrovnik has a great restaurant on the top of the cable car. Make reservations asap. Loved our trip there, great people. Split is great for a day or two in the old port town.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Did a catamaran from split to Dubrovnik for a week. Best trip I've ever done. Would go back in a heartbeat. Dubrovnik is good for 2-3 days. Make sure to eat at Lady PiPi
AggieMainland
During the summer, very very early morning in Dubrovnik is pretty cool. Starting at noon it is tourist hell and hot AF from the stone. I can see both sides of peoples experience in that city.

I feel like the best part of Croatia is sailing around. The common denominator of my friends that say "Croatia is the best" is that they all had a sailing component.
ChoppinDs40
AG
That's why you just go to Buza Bar in the afternoon
rebelag62
AG
I have seen some "cruises" that go from split and hop around for a week. Any recommends on who to sail with?
Potcake
AG
We did Moorings
OAg
AG
We did 10 days in Croatia in 2019. 2 nights at Plitvice lakes national park was incredible. 2 nights in Split, 3 in Hvar and 2 in Dubrovnik. We rented a car for the first part of the trip and turned it in in Split.

As amazing as Hvar and the rest of the trip was, PNP was the highlight of the trip. I highly recommend Pansion Breza at Plivice. Incredible place to stay, easy park access, and great food.

I would the trip again. Such a cool place.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Make sure you go to Mljet. National Park that's an Island

Korcula is also pretty neat.
CoolaidWade
AG
Flew in and out of Dubrovnik a few years ago and loved it.

No trains.
Creative
Thinking about Croatia + Italy for 2 weeks next summer.

Bad idea to combine the 2?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.