Lotus of Siam - what should I order

2,196 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Milkman
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Title says it all

I have reservations for the second week of April at Lotus of Siam. Looking forward to it!!

Anyone have any recommendations on what to order? The 80% of the menu looks delicious.

TIA
Stat Monitor Repairman
Don't sleep on that larb.
SoTheySay
S
I wish I could remember what we ordered. We ordered several things and way too much for the table but it was all so, so good. Hoping we get to go back next weekend!
BSD
AG
Nam Kao Tod is a must for an appetizer. Then go crazy…

Tom Yum Kai soup (or Tom Kah Kai soup, I can't remember so get both)

Garlic Prawns
Khao Soi with Crispy Duck
Drunken Noodles with Crispy Duck

And ask the waiter what else is good
91poohah
AG
Order it all.
SA Ag 91
AG
91poohah said:

Order it all.
If I could, I would!!

That's why I was asking, it all looks so good!!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Not trying to poo poo on this thread, but temper your expectations just a bit. I went in way overhyped and left a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but no way it could live up to expectations after reading about it for years.
VAXMaster
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Not trying to poo poo on this thread, but temper your expectations just a bit. I went in way overhyped and left a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but no way it could live up to expectations after reading about it for years.
I agree, it's very good and I make sure to eat there every year but since they built the new place I think they've been coasting. A lot depends on your point of reference, if you've never had access to really good Tai cuisine LoS will certainly impress.
DiskoTroop
Garlic prawn. All else is secondary.
newbie11
Drunken Noodle with anything. Nice German kabinett or spatlese and you're set.
pbrancazio
AG
Go to the back of the menu for the Northern Thai dishes. We like to go there every time we are in Las Vegas
pbrancazio
AG
Section327Ag said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

I agree, it's very good and I make sure to eat there every year but since they built the new place I think they've been coasting. A lot depends on your point of reference, if you've never had access to really good Tai cuisine LoS will certainly impress.
I liked the Sahara Ave. location. I understand they were going to reopen but last time there the waiter said they were having issues obtaining a new liquor license.
The Milkman
AG
There was a jackfruit and pork dish that really blew us away. I think it was the kang na noon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.