Your Southwest Forgiveness 25,000 Points

3,613 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pro Sandy
Aggiemike96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Southwest send you 25,000 points for issues during the holidays? What are your plans for the points? I don't see any restrictions on loading them to a certain Rapid Rewards account...so I'm a buyer. Southwest says they're worth $300. Email my username at yahoo if you'd like to negotiate.

Signed, A List Preferred Member who flies way too much
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Really ? $300 ? Where does Southwest say that valuation ?

Also an A list preferred flyer here and I don't see any points buying discounts from them right now? If I buy 25,000 points it will cost me $750.
austinrb10
AG
It's legit and went out 48hrs ago. You go to the account management page and upload the codes provided in your email. 24hrs later you will see them applied to your total points

Dear Valued Southwest Customer,

On behalf of Southwest, I want to let you know we're so sorry.

Our Purpose has always been to connect our Customers to what's important in their lives. And this holiday season, as you made plans with us to do just that, we fell short. For that, please accept my personal apology.

Southwest experienced a unique combination of events that started with severe weather at our busiest airports and transitioned into other operational challenges that stretched our People, processes, tools, and technology. This caused unprecedented wide-scale cancellations and ultimately impacted your trip.

I know that no amount of apologies can undo your experience. For those who have requested refunds, reimbursements and/or are waiting to be reunited with lost bag(s), those processes are being handled with great urgency and we appreciate your patience. Additionally, please accept this gesture of goodwill of 25,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.

These points equate to a base fare redemption value of over $300*. Rapid Rewards points have no blackout dates, can be used on any available seat, and never expire. Rapid Rewards points can be used for future travel, and/or on items like gift cards or merchandise.

Your reservation is eligible for the 2 code(s) below. Each code represents a value of 25,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points. See How to claim your 25,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points below.
AggieOO
i fly SW several times a month, but didn't fly after mid december, so guessing i didn't fly close enough to all the madness to get free points.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
You are correct, just checked a flight to ATL for a couple months down the road and it would cost $345 or 23,000 points. Valuation is close.

Good deal for the buyer.
Tex82
AggieOO said:

i fly SW several times a month, but didn't fly after mid december, so guessing i didn't fly close enough to all the madness to get free points.

Same here and I still received the 25,000 points. Keep checking your email.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Tex82 said:

AggieOO said:

Last flight was 12/10 so we will see, certainly not deserving anything, I just hope they make it right for all the folks affected that's was terrible.
AggieOO
Tex82 said:

AggieOO said:

my last flight was 12/16.

nothing. not that i deserve anything, but i'd sure take it.
sirhc
AG
OP - sending you an email
62strat
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Really ? $300 ? Where does Southwest say that valuation ?

Also an A list preferred flyer here and I don't see any points buying discounts from them right now? If I buy 25,000 points it will cost me $750.
Buying points from the airline is not how you determine the value. Those are massively upcharged. Go mock/book a flight for points and dollars, and calculate it that way.

SW points are ~1.5 cents each.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/

AgOutsideAustin
AG
I did that above.
Boomhauer89
AG
Did anyone else get an email bumping them to A-List preferred today? I had barley made A-List last year and got upgraded today, maybe it is part of their forgiveness campaign?

I didn't fly during the holidays so was surprised to read the email today.
gvine07
AG
I've never been A-List, and I got upgraded today. It brought great joy

My family was one of the lucky few who had flights on 12/27 and 1/2 that actually made it to and from our location within a reasonable time. Then we got 75,000 points. I feel bad for everyone who has horror stories, but SW has been good to us lately.
tamc93
AG
Boomhauer89 said:

Did anyone else get an email bumping them to A-List preferred today? I had barley made A-List last year and got upgraded today, maybe it is part of their forgiveness campaign?

I didn't fly during the holidays so was surprised to read the email today.
I received the email as well I was short from making it, so I will take it. Not much difference between A-List and A-List Preferred, but still nice gesture.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Aggiemike96
AG
Welcome to A-16!
Nom de Plume
AG
Bumping folks to A List Preferred? Wow. It took a lot of work and travel for me to get there. It had already started to get watered down. Not that it matters much on SWA. At all.
AggieOO
no points for me, but they gave me A-list Preferred as well a couple days ago. I was one flight short last year.
CDub06
AG
I filed a grievance to credit my two cancelled flights to my 2022 flight count because that's how many I was short to reach Preferred. It finally came through this week, so I was pleased. I didn't realize they were doing that across the board, so I feel a little less special now. (I never received an email about this though)

However, I did book my two cancelled flights as one ways instead of a RT, so I received the 25,000 points X 2.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Nom de Plume said:

Bumping folks to A List Preferred? Wow. It took a lot of work and travel for me to get there. It had already started to get watered down. Not that it matters much on SWA. At all.

This. Until their WiFi in flight improves it doesn't mean much.
Plus with less non stops the " through" passengers are reseating and snagging more of my exit row seats……
Hoyt Ag
AG
I got my 25,000 points instantly when I got the email. SWA also refunded my entire ticket back to RR account, despite I took 1 of the 5 flights in the booking and got moved to A list Pref as a courtesy. Finally, I also just received all my reimbursements from the Holiday travel fiasco. I had around $2400 in expenses and they covered every cent. Process took about 10 days total to input the info, get the confirmation email and then funds into my account. I have to say that was a pretty painless process despite my frustrations getting to my destination and home for Christmas.
Nom de Plume
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Nom de Plume said:

This. Until their WiFi in flight improves it doesn't mean much.
Plus with less non stops the " through" passengers are reseating and snagging more of my exit row seats……

Yeah, depending on the location preboard and/or thru passengers are total status killers.

And they need to make business select trump all the others. If it's legal. I don't really know what the laws are around preboard folks.
Aggiemike96
AG
Bump... PSA - You have until March 31 to deposit those points in a Southwest Rapid Reward account. Don't delay and lose the points!
TXTransplant
FINALLY got my son's "missing" points!

After way too many claims, emails, and phone calls to customer service, I finally sent a DM on Twitter. Got a code almost immediately.

I probably called CS half a dozen times about this. They all acknowledged the problem but none had the authority to correct it. The last time I called, the rep said to not call anymore because I was being a nuisance. What a cluster this has been!
AgOutsideAustin
Pro Sandy
AG
Just used mine to buy tickets for my wife and my's trip to Seattle next month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.