Best Indian food in London?

2,192 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Legend
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have maybe 2-3 meals that aren't planned and really want Indian food. Most likely it would have to be lunch, but have one evening that's up in the air. Any recommendations?
whasty
AG
Not a fan of Indian food but Brick Lane is famous for their curry houses.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Dishoom and book your reservation asap. If they are booked then roll to Punjab if you are in the Covent Garden area.
FredMc92
We had a great meal at Bombay Brasserie in South Kensington earlier this year.

http://www.bombayb.co.uk/
BigOil
AG
www.pahlihillbandrabhai.com
JYDog90
AG
you mean like pemmican and fry bread and ground corn
Ag with kids
AG
I went to Needoo Grill off New Rd in Whitechapel. Everyone I met in that area recommended it. It was fantastic.
TP Ag '87
AG
Rajasthan I, II or III. Eat there every trip over.

End of thread.
River
Dishoom
GunRangeGal
AG
Thanks, everyone! I believe I have the opportunity to steal away for two meals. I'll be getting Indian food both times!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Dishoom is a top 5 dining experience for me, we went with no reservation and just waited in line for an hour. All other food in London was blah
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Dishoom is a top 5 dining experience for me, we went with no reservation and just waited in line for an hour. All other food in London was blah

Tried telling them at the top but nooooooo
newbie11
Mr. McGibblets said:

Dishoom and book your reservation asap. If they are booked then roll to Punjab if you are in the Covent Garden area.
Dishoom is the bomb. They didn't take reservations when I went a few years ago. Careful….food is spicy.
moses1084ever
AG
Went to some random Indian place off brick lane before doing a Jack the Ripper tour. Underwhelming.
ATM9000
AG
Ag with kids said:

I went to Needoo Grill off New Rd in Whitechapel. Everyone I met in that area recommended it. It was fantastic.

I'm so happy Needoo got some love here. It is not the best even in that are but the atmosphere makes it a must visit.

Dishoom is good (though maybe a little overrated). Tandoor Chophouse is another I'll throw in the mix… it isn't the most authentic spot you can go but always tasty.
Ag with kids
AG
ATM9000 said:

Ag with kids said:

I'm so happy Needoo got some love here. It is not the best even in that are but the atmosphere makes it a must visit.

Dishoom is good (though maybe a little overrated). Tandoor Chophouse is another I'll throw in the mix… it isn't the most authentic spot you can go but always tasty.
Yeah...the atmosphere was really cool. I enjoyed the entire experience.
Buford Tannen
AG
Go eat Turkish mangal - tube to Dalston Kingsland. I liked it better than Indian
Aggie 84
AG
I'll second Dishoom. We have eaten at the Covent Garden location as well as the Carnaby location. However, I am not an Indian cuisine expert.
Squadron7
AG
Dishoom. They don't take reservations, though.
TXamc06
AG
Will also join in and say dishoom. Went to the Covent Garden, Kings Cross and Kensington locations while there over during my most recent 2.5 week trip. I usually will eat there 2-3x per week. Damn good.
Legend
AG
I'm not as high on Dishoom as some of the others. You also miss the experience of some of the curry houses. But, do be warned there are plenty of average or worse curry houses.

Agree with the Raj I, II and III call. That is very good.

Tayyabs is a BYOB place that is very well known (field gate). Really good Indian.

If you want an Indian experience different than just a curry house, then Brigadiers is worth a trip. Very good food, good bar too.

I'd hit a proper curry house and Brigadiers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.