Sweden for work

1,210 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by txam92
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going to be flying to Sweden for a week in October for work. Any recommendations for best practices for a flight/trip like this? I've never done international travel like this so I have no clue. Yes I'm sure work has resources to assist me but I'm asking the real experts first.

For work I currently fly United and have pretty good status with them so with this much travel I'd like to enhance that if possible.

TIA
Txgunrnnr
AG
Only thing I can add is, fly United Polaris class if you can.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
StinkyPinky
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

Only thing I can add is, fly United Polaris class if you can.
Second this. I just flew to Israel and Switzerland on United (Polaris business class) and was impressed with what they've done with it. Polaris lounges at the airports where also very nice.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What is this? I e never heard of it
JimmyHouston
AG
Polaris class = business class..

I fly to Sweden for work 3-4 times a year but to Gothenburg. Have only been to Stockholm once but it's a cool city.

What route are you taking? That could help folks with advice.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
No clue. That's the advice I'm looking for. United is Star Aliance, any airlines that matches up with to keep points even if not on a United Plane?

I doubt I'll be able to fly business class
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
So I've been confirmed Oct. 10-14

I have the freedom to plan my own travel and another colleague recommended doing some layovers through other countries to see some sights and just break up the travel.

Any recommendations? The trip will most likely be 8th-15th to allow for travel and time changes. Being in Stockholm for meetings the whole week. Work itinerary leaves Monday as a free day as well to see Stockholm and Friday we should be finished by noon local time.
TriAg2010
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

No clue. That's the advice I'm looking for. United is Star Aliance, any airlines that matches up with to keep points even if not on a United Plane?

I doubt I'll be able to fly business class

Lufthansa and SAS are also Star Alliance.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Guess that depends on where you haven't been/where you're wanting to go.

Copenhagen maybe?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Copenhagen maybe?
My only international travel is to Mexico...
mike073
AG
SAS is now filing bankruptcy - still flying but facing labor issues. Be careful of them.
Gig 'em Aggies!

FancyKetchup14
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

Copenhagen maybe?
My only international travel is to Mexico...

Hm well I think it depends on what you want to see in that case. You have a ton of options, which is great. There's a whole bunch of cities you could bop around for a few days on either leg of the trip. Amsterdam. Copenhagen. Dublin. London. Barcelona. Berlin. Prague. Warsaw. Talinn.
txam92
AG
Im a frequent traveler to Sweden and i always try to make it a two hop trip. I fly AA so I go direct to London, Frankfurt, or Madrid. Stay for a day or two and then on to Sweden. Just pick one you might want to see for a day or so. On the way back I do it in one day. Early flight from Sweden connecting to a direct flight home.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.