Last Minute Long Weekend trip

1,465 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ragoo
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Supposed to head to NY for a Fri-Mon trip in a couple weeks and now that could be in jeopardy for reasons I'd rather not get into.

We'd have about $800 in American Airlines credit and I'd be willing to go a little more for flights if needed. What are some other options of where we could go (wife and I)? I briefly looked at Cancun AI's last night and they seemed more$$ than normal.

Also thought Key West, Savannah or so Charleston again. I want to go somewhere eaither chill or walkable town/city. Don't wanna deal with a rental car. The less planning the better basically since it last minute.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Fly to Vail or Steamboat.

Or Reno and get an easy shuttle to South Lake Tahoe.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Was in Charleston spring break and it's definitely walkable and chill. Will be hot and humid though if you were looking to get to some place cooler. Tons of history to learn about and great food.
AgLA06
AG
Your problem with not wanting a rental car is most places I think of as chill and walkable without them aren't large cities with airports. Half the country is extremely hot right now so not really walkable.

Maybe fly into the pacific northwest and take a ferry to somewhere more walkable. Maybe fly into the northeast and take Amtrak to somewhere more walkable/ remote.

Jackson hole might work, but it ain't going to be cheap.
schmendeler
AG
Asheville?
ChoppinDs40
AG
schmendeler said:

Asheville?
nice choice. Will still probably be warm. Can you fly into Asheville?
AgLA06
AG
Greenville you can.
ChoppinDs40
AG
AgLA06 said:

Greenville you can.
he's trying not to rent a car but that's going to be hard as someone else said.
AustinCountyAg
Bump
Ragoo
AG
Chicago
Lots to do and see with no need for a car.
AustinCountyAg
Been there already. Thanks for the rec though. Looking like a last minute AI to Mexico if we decide to back out of our NYC trip last minute.
Garrelli 5000
AG
KW too hot for walkable, but you're doing it wrong if you don't rent a bicycle anyway. Probably lowest prices of the year now for rooms. Getting there on the cheap is the challenge. You could drive from Miami, which is fun, but depending on your time might be a "bridge too far"….. snort…. If you only have a few days.

We have Charleston planned for next weekend but watching the weather might have to cancel.
Take the trash out staff.
Ragoo
AG
Vancouver
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.